Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 15: October 2009-December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For someone pleading poverty Sarah still isn't helping her cause. People reading this article about her hiding away in luxury are also asking as to just who is paying for all this recreation? I hope it isn't her daughters or Beatrice's boyfriend, but sadly, it more than likely is. I think Sarah got a rude awakening in finding out the US wasn't as sympathetic to her or as welcoming as she crowed about to the media.

I just read that she is off to Sir Richard Branson's private Caribbean island to meet up with the princesses after having to fire her staff (Prince Andrew's office is going to take over management of her affairs). Here's the article if anyone is interested :flowers:

I just read that she is off to Sir Richard Branson's private Caribbean island to meet up with the princesses after having to fire her staff (Prince Andrew's office is going to take over management of her affairs). Here's the article if anyone is interested :flowers:

Perfect private place for Sarah and the girls to get together I think. Branson and his children Holly and Sam have been friends with them for years.

Yes I read that yesterday, she cut 10 of her loyal staff, then went on holiday.

It certainly isn't nice to sack your employees and then go on vacation.

On the other hand, I hope the staff had seen the writing on the wall (Sarah's financial problems weren't exactly a secret) had started the process of looking for new jobs before they were let go.

It certainly isn't nice to sack your employees and then go on vacation.

On the other hand, I hope the staff had seen the writing on the wall (Sarah's financial problems weren't exactly a secret) had started the process of looking for new jobs before they were let go.

Actually as this get together was probably totally set up and financed by Richard Branson, I don't think its a bad reflection on Sarah at all. Its a totally private island so the Princesses also are well out of the public eye. There were just pictures released I think of Beatrice and Dave at St. Tropez so perhaps it wasn't an overly long visit?

Those are good points and you and I will give Sarah the benefit of the doubt that she is not crying broke and is in fact a guest of Brandon and not spending money on a chic vacation.

Unfortunately, not everyone is reading all the facts. They will just see the headlines. Fergie Vacations While Canning Employees, etc. I personally don't think Sarah has paid for a vacation in years.

Well good. This is going in the right direction. If you all remember, Sarah always needs a holiday to destress. I am sure firing her employees was hard on her and I would rather have her on holiday with her daughters doing something healthy than stewing about it and flipping out, and getting into the wine and ciggies again. It may look bad, however I believe it is for the best in the long run.

Zenouska Mowatt

"......Zenouska Mowatt are also believed to be among the assistants she has lost. "

Did anyone happen to catch this in the article about Sarah's staff being
dismissed.

This is Princess Alexandra's granddaughter.

Does anyone know which member of her staff tipped off News of the World a few months ago?

I do wonder whether they are clearing the decks for a really permanent solution - remarriage to Andrew.

Putting her back on the payroll would solve most of her problems but not all. There's nothing that could give the BRF complete control over her, even if she signed over power of Attorney she'd still be able to get herself into trouble. At the end of the day she doesn't seem like the type to give up control of her life, even some of it, for too long before wanting to break out again. She's too much of a free spirit to not want to prove she can bounce back.

Apprently Zenouska did help Sarah out once or twice a while back when other staff fell ill but she didn't work for Sarah she was just helping out so she hasn't been "let go" or anything.
Thanks for the article. Nice to see a picture of Zenouska and that her father is involved in her life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read that article as well, Lumutqueen, and my impression was that it negated the idea that 1) Sarah's friends' loyalty cannnot be pushed too hard; and 2) Sarah might be her own worst enemy, but she's not a financial enemy to many others who are innocent.

And yes, she's sort of holiday-ed since this all broke. Surely she must be well rested enough by now to face up to her bad self. With all this lying low and letting others handle the damage, she's starting to appear to be a coward on top of it all.

I am no fan of Sarah's NaP, however, sometimes it is very very difficult to look yourself in the mirror and carry on. Hopefully her daughters will give her strength to do the right thing.

Where is Sarah now? No pictures.:ermm:She has not been to elephant parade and not to world cup. I have send a letter to her, she is always so brave.

Where is Sarah now? No pictures.:ermm:She has not been to elephant parade and not to world cup. I have send a letter to her, she is always so brave.

Brave? Why?
And why would she go to the World Cup? Does she have any interest in football?
Apparently she is on a free holiday somewhere.

She was due back at Royal Lodge yesterday after celebrating
Richard Branson's 60th with his family over the weekend.
She has a new novel due for release later this year so things might be quiet until she is doing publicity for that.

Sarah, Duchess of York reconsiders plan to publish 'racy' historical novel - Telegraph

Hope this links works.
New release date is in the Autumn.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new.../7890946/Can-it-get-any-worse-for-Fergie.html

Her novel is also mentioned at the end of this article.

I did read something about the novel being due out in the autumn, but this article is from February 2009.

Sorry I posted the wrong article to begin with.
It's also menioned in the telegraph article published earlier this month.
Sounds like it could be interesting, but it's not going to clear those debts

@lumutqueen she is brave!!! Think about it.:) I think she is in spain, does not matter. She could have had much fun with the girls in south africa!!

Oprah offers debt-ridden Fergie her very own TV show | Mail Online

Oprah Winfrey, the ‘queen’ of American TV, has offered the cash-strapped Duchess of York her own prime-time chat show.
Billionaire Oprah, 56, is launching her own cable channel, the Oprah Winfrey Network, next January, and last week called the scandal-hit Duchess to offer her a deal.

A source close to Sarah Ferguson said last night: ‘Oprah made the call this week. They spoke in person and, for Sarah, the offer is a ray of light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

... but she won’t get a penny from Andrew

By Katie Nicholl
The Duchess of York has been told she will not receive a penny from her ex-husband Prince Andrew, even though she is said to be on the verge of bankruptcy.
Andrew, who earlier this month had vowed to help the Duchess out of debt, will not be offering any financial assistance.

Sources close to the Prince say that while he is happy to advise Sarah Ferguson on how to get out of her dire financial situation, he will not be offering her a cash payout.

i'm shocked at the quote attributed to one of Sarah's "close friends" - "‘Sarah is in a very bad place at the moment, and she has been offered no financial aid from Andrew, which is frankly astonishing.’ IMO its more astonishing that a grown woman should need to rely on her EX husband to bail her out from her own mistakes.

:previous:
Maybe it's a good thing that Oprah is moving her base of operation from Chicago to Los Angeles, if Sarah is seriously considering Oprah's offer. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom