Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 15: October 2009-December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to get too much into Charles and Camilla in the Sarah thread, but Charles and Camilla did have the private details of their relationship leaked to the public--through the Camillagate tapes. I think the difference, though, is that members of the royal family could argue that Charles and Camilla's privacy was invaded after they'd made every reasonable effort at discretion. I think that Sarah's privacy was invaded in exactly the same illegitimate way when those topless pictures were taken; but in fairness, the pictures weren't an isolated incident. Sarah was pretty much a walking media disaster in the late 80s/early 90s. Camilla, who never made a fuss and a quietly supported Charles behind the scenes, must have seemed like a jewel by comparison.

I think the big difference is that Camilla was willing to play by the rules of a royal mistress, and Sarah at that time (egged on by Diana) had completely lost patience with palace rules.

I do think that Sarah loves her freedom, but based on some recent interviews I've seen with her, she seems to be changing. This quote stood out to me when I read it (it's from an interview in Parade posted here a while back): "I think I’ve just recently understood that I could have had the royal life that I loved and my freedom, too,” she says. Leaning forward, she quietly adds, “I was too young to know that I could have had both.”

And then she says, "the Queen knows from me that I would have lived that part of my life differently if I had known what I know now,” she says. “I’m 50 years old, and I only caught on when I was 49."

To me it sounds like Sarah has a newfound respect for "the rules" after helping produce the Young Victoria--it sounds like she realizes she didn't have to leave the palace in order to be herself: she just had to learn to choose her battles. That's why I still would not put it past Sarah to return to the royal family if she had the chance. She never sounds (to me) like she is totally content with her freedom--more like she is always living with regrets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarah reminds me of Lucille Ball[redhead] and Andrew of Desi Arnaz & their love story.Sarah is Andrew's Lucy. These two will never be apart. I think timing was against them. I hope Sarah makes loads of money from the movie "The Young Victoria."

Sarah Ferguson and Giuseppe Cipriani, owner of the restaurant,
leaving the Cipriani restaurant after a dinner together, London,
Britain - 14 January 2010

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I think that it's a size too small. Other than that, it would probably look very good on her.

It think it suites her very well. And also, it is just a diner date not a gala evening.;)

For once she looks alright to me.
Has she moved on from the other bloke then?:)

Well he was the owner of the restaurant she was at, not neccessarily a new 'gentleman caller'.

I dont know how she does it. I am of a similar age, and I cant stay up past midnight or I'm useless the next day.

Her white coat is quite nice, just too tight on her. It looks alright as long as she leaves it unbuttoned.

Maybe Sarah is interested in producing more films. From ‘Avatar’ big winner; Fil-Ams cited for ‘Up’ - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos (very end of article):

Also seen on the red carpet was Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, who came with Fil-American Martin Huberty.

Ferguson is one of the producers of the acclaimed “The Young Victoria,” for which Emily Blunt was nominated in the Best Actress-Drama category.
“I have just returned to London,” Huberty said. “I was in Manila for a big (Prieto-Valdes-Legarda) family reunion. I have produced films for the past twenty odd years. My goal is to get into joint projects with the Duchess. She has a plethora of great ideas. We hope this will be the first of many times to the Globes.” With a report from Associated Press

Here are some more pics at the Golden Globe:

Sarah Ferguson at the 67th Annual Golden Globe Awards held
at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 17, 2010 in Beverly Hills,
California.

** zimbio gallery **

ACK what's with the huge masculine watch she's wearing?!

Maybe it only looks that huge as to the naked arms ;)

Sarah Ferguson leaves CNN studios in Los Angeles after appearing on
a special 2 hour episode of "Larry King Live" entitled "Haiti: How You
Can Help". In 2 hours, over $5 million was raised for UNICEF and the
American Red Cross to help victims of the earthquake in Haiti,
January 18, 2010.

Jennifer Lopez, Paula Abdul or Christian Slater were there as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga ** zimbio **

It's kind of the fashion here in NYC area, with the big bulky watch.

Yes, I agree! The coat fits here beautifully, and she has some makeup on. :flowers:

Duchess of York to sub for Gupta at donor gala The Post and Courier - Charleston SC newspaper

For months, the scheduled guest speaker for tonight's Rx Society Donor Appreciation Gala was Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN's chief medical correspondent.

But in the aftermath of the Jan. 12 earthquake in Haiti, Gupta has been reporting from the ravaged Caribbean nation, as well as providing medical and surgical care to countless numbers of wounded and injured people.

In his stead, Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, will be the guest speaker.

Sarah, Duchess of York, leaving the Mandarin Hotel in
Knightsbridge, London, January 31, 2010. I think she
had been there together with Beatrice, as Beatrice
was pictured there as well yesterday, but there are
no pics of them together.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Maybe she borrowed Andrew's.;) There's that scarf again!:D She looks great.:flowers:

A lot of rich people have private cars with private drivers.
I can only afford to have a private car, which I have to drive myself, but if I could afford to employ a driver I would love to do so.

Thanks Iceflower, Sarah looks very sprightly and cheerful which is always nice to see.
I didn't notice about Sarah and Beatrice being at the same restaurant until you pointed it out. Easy to assume they were probably there together. A catch-up meal before they head their separate ways as another working week begins? Beatrice back to Uni I suppose and Sarah attending to her commitments.

Sarah isn't particularly aging gracefully but I’m glad she’s enjoying her life. She might as well enjoy it while she can since she's not getting any younger...neither are we.....She must be super engergetic to party till late or the night away.....

You're welcome, Annie.M !

Here are some very nice pics of Sarah taken last week. She spent
time with seniors at Aegis Senior Living of Shoreline, Washington,
on January 26, 2010. Sarah was in town to speak at the Aegis
Living Annual Meeting, but also wanted to meet the seniors.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

indeed very nice pics iceflower, sarah looks very shining! thanks a lot!

Seattle is 3 hours from me, I looked into going to that event but found out it was a closed event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom