Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 15: October 2009-December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fergie 'devastated' by hunting death | Mail Online

As the Duchess of York prepares for the 50th birthday of her ex-husband Prince Andrew in ten days, she has been shocked to learn of the death in a gruesome hunting accident of the nephew of her former lover, Italian nobleman Count Gaddo della Gherardesca.

What a tragedy, thanks for the link, wbenson.

Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson attends the amfAR New York
Gala co-sponsored by M.A.C. Cosmetics to Kick Off Fall 2010
Fashion Week at Cipriani 42nd Street on February 10, 2010 in
New York.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio **

Sarah Ferguson will be in Eastern Iowa for an appearance in Feb., 2010

I'm sorry I'm not sure on the exact date and I believe it is in Davenport, Iowa - the Quad Cities area of Iowa. She's been there before for appearances...I heard there are tickets being sold for this event.

Pics 12.2.2010

Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York at Naomi Campbell's Fashion
For Relief Haiti NYC 2010 Fashion Show during Mercedes-Benz
Fashion Week at The Tent at Bryant Park on February 12, 2010
in New York City.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** zimbio **

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York attends the CARE and NCM
Fathom's Half the Sky Event at the NYU Skirball Center, New
York City, USA - 11.02.10

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

The birthday trip with Andrew and the girls has been a short one,
Sarah already is in the USA again:

Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson, Ambassador and Vice-President of
ECOSOC Morten Wetland and actress Geena Davis attend the 'Engaging
philanthropy to promote gender equality and women's empowerment'
event at the United Nations on February 22, 2010 in New York City.

Princess Madeleine of Sweden attended the event as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gettyimages **

What's this gathering all about? Looks serious.

Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson attends the opening night of
'Performing Noel Coward' at the Cafe Carlyle on February 23,
2010 in New York City.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Sarah looks wonderful!:flowers: Thanks, iceflower.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am always impressed by the hard work and commitment to her causes that the Duchess of York has. Thank you for putting up that link. Our media are only interested in publishing stories about her that show her in a less than positive light.

Sarah Ferguson and her daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess
Eugenie, seen leaving Annabel's, the private members restaurant
and nightclub on Berkeley Square in Mayfair London in the early
hours of Saturday morning, February 27, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** zimbio **

i think Eugenie looks more and more like her mother. I see everytime more similairities. I always thought that Eugenie looks more like her mother then Beatrice.

Here are some more pics at the Golden Globe
Sarah is not not ageing as well as she could.She looks a bit tired and worn down. I hope it is a passing phase.Otherwise she is as vivacious as always.

i think Eugenie looks more and more like her mother. I see everytime more similairities. I always thought that Eugenie looks more like her mother then Beatrice.

Oh I agree! I always used to think Eugenie favoured her father more in the looks department when she was younger. Now though I think she has many of Sarah's facial features.

BTW, Pic number 3 from the girls leaving Annabel's shows not only Eugenie but also her Aunt, Sarah's elder sister Jane Ferguson.

The British Court has only 3 titled Princesses , Eugenie, Beatrice and Louise.
It is a shame to see how badly they are dressed; surely their mother's taste.

What about The Princess Anne - the Queen's daughter and Princess Alexandra - a male line granddaughter of a monarch namely George V? She is as much a titled Princess as Beatrice, Eugenie and Louise.

Those entitled to use HRH Prince are - Philip, Charles, Andrew, Edward, William, Harry, James?, Richard of Gloucester, Edward of Kent and Michael of Kent.
Those entitle to use HRH Princess are - Anne, Beatrice, Eugenie, Louise? and Alexandra.

The 1917 LPs clearly say children of the monarch and male line grandchildren of the monarch. All of the above, except Philip who was granted the Prince title by separate LPs in 1957, meet that criteria. James and Louise don't use it with the approval of the Queen and I for one respect both their parents' and the will of the monarch and thus don't normally include them in these lists as that is not the way they are titled and I believe that the parents and the monarch's stated views on this take priority over other's opinions.

Iluvberte , I wrote about the new generation . I know quite well for the Princess Royal and Princess Alexandra. Perhaps I am wrong for Louise ?
Reason more that the only entitled daughters of the Duke of York should be dressed at least as RHH.
At royal evenings events they should be there with their father and not always to charities evenings , I am sure Fergie is paid for coming..

If you only meant the new generation then you should have said so rather than saying "The British Court has only 3 titled Princesses , Eugenie, Beatrice and Louise."

The Queen has let it be known that she approves the fact that Louise and James are not using the HRH Prince/Princess style and there are some who interpret that as having the same effect as a LPs.

As the Yorks live with both their parents I see no reason why they shouldn't attend events with their mother and/or their father.

They do attend things with their father but as they are the major royal functions the Yorks tend to be overlooked with The Queen and Prince of Wales in attendance while the charity events are ones they get greater publicity for attending as they are usually the only royals there.

Oh I agree! I always used to think Eugenie favoured her father more in the looks department when she was younger. Now though I think she has many of Sarah's facial features.

I've been thinking the same thing! Actually I think Eugenie looks equally like both parents, now, but when she was younger, I only saw Andrew in her.

BTW, Pic number 3 from the girls leaving Annabel's shows not only Eugenie but also her Aunt, Sarah's elder sister Jane Ferguson.

I think you're right! Sharp eyes. :) Isn't her last name Luedecke (not sure of the spelling) now, though?

It used to be Luedecke but Jane reverted to her maiden name of Ferguson when she divorced her second husband about 5 years ago. Occasionally the British press still use Luedecke whereas here in Sydney she is always called Jane Ferguson.

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, speaks at a UN press conference to
brief the press on the current situation in Chile and need for aid following
the massive 8.8 earthquake that struck the central part of the country
of Chile on Feb 27, 2010.
The press conference took place at the United Nations on March 5, 2010
in New York City.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** zimbio **

Why does Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York speak at a UN press conference? Does she have a job with the UN?:);):)

She is heavily involved in a charity called 'Children in Crisis' and it may very well have been related to that situation that she was asked to address the UN press conference. As I understand it the situation was simply a press conference given at the UN but the people who were asked to speak aren't necessarily associated directly with the UN but the UN can call in spokespeople from agencies that have expertise in the area being discussed and Sarah, due to her association with the aforementioned charity would be one such person.

Thank you Iluvbertie. Very interesting about the UN.:);):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom