The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 05:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Sarah Ferguson attends an event to promote 'The Young Victoria'
movie at Neiman Marcus on December 7, 2009 in Mclean, Virginia.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** zimbio ** belga **
IMO Sarah looks unusually elegant in the pictures above.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Goodness! She was in my neck of the woods and I didn't even know. Darn!

I agree...she looks nice! I am so excited to see this movie. I keep watching the trailer on youtune and it looks good.

Can't wait for the scenes between Emily Blunt and Miranda Richardson!

Old 12-09-2009, 03:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I agree...she looks nice! I am so excited to see this movie. I keep watching the trailer on youtune and it looks good.

Can't wait for the scenes between Emily Blunt and Miranda Richardson!
The movie is excellent (IMO). I thought Miranda Richardson gave a great performance, and Emily Blunt is a wonderful Victoria. I will be always be glad I had a chance to attend the Canadian premiere.

It's funny how slowly the movie has been released across the world, though. I think the British premiere was almost a year ago.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
The movie is excellent (IMO).. . . and Emily Blunt is a wonderful Victoria.
Oh I LIKE Emily Blunt! I'll have to Netflix that!
Old 12-10-2009, 03:30 AM
Administrator

Pics 9.12.2009

Another promotion event!

Victoria Christian and Sarah Ferguson promote the release of ''The Young
Victoria'' and Clive Christian's exclusive scent collection at Neiman Marcus
Atlanta on December 9, 2009 in Atlanta, Georgia.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** zimbio **
Old 12-10-2009, 05:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

I had planned to see the movie but when I went to my local theatre the third day after its release in Australia I was told that it had ended its run there as no one had been to see it so they pulled it for something else that people were watching.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson with Princess Beatrice and Princess
Eugenie arrive at the U.S. premiere of Apparition's "The Young Victoria"
held at the Pacific Grove Theaters on December 3, 2009 in Los Angeles,
California.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio ** belga **
Quote:
Sarah Ferguson attends an event to promote 'The Young Victoria'
movie at Neiman Marcus on December 7, 2009 in Mclean, Virginia.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** zimbio ** belga **
Quote:
Another promotion event!

Victoria Christian and Sarah Ferguson promote the release of ''The Young
Victoria'' and Clive Christian's exclusive scent collection at Neiman Marcus
Atlanta on December 9, 2009 in Atlanta, Georgia.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** zimbio **
Alot of events for the film, its a shame Beatrice can't attend some of them, or some of the cast.
It's rather odd how the premieres of this films have been spread so far out.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:16 AM
Administrator

The already mentioned Millionaire Fair event has taken place yesterday!

Sarah Ferguson attends the Millionaire Fair opening photocall on December
10, 2009 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages ** belga **
Old 12-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I was there (to work). I saw the Duchess but because I was far away I could not hear her that well (and the microphone wasn't too convincing either). I think that she was only there to open the fair, and left quickly afterwards. A very sensible thing to do because it was a ghastly spectacle. Old men with young women with more make up than the Mona Lisa, and all very ill mannered. This fair is really for the nouveau riche and although it is a cliché, money can't buy you class. Me and my collegues experienced that yesterday, we NEVER had such horrific guests... ever. I even got a lamp on my head, people were shouting, etc etc.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Aristocracy

thanks iceflower for the pics and marengo for your explanation, it is nice to hear from somebody who was there. And yes i think it was a good plan that sarah left quickly after the opening.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
The already mentioned Millionaire Fair event has taken place yesterday!

Sarah Ferguson attends the Millionaire Fair opening photocall on December
10, 2009 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages ** belga **
This is the second time in a week that I am making the same comment: Sarah is looking uncharacteristically elegant!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Marengo...a lamp on your head?!

Yes, you are correct. Money can't buy class. Usually the new people money are often the loudest and tackiest. With a look at me I have money attitude! That's why I think that royals will continue to be needed for their patronage and position. Movie stars come and go and reality stars are a joke.

Sarah does look great!

Old 12-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Marengo...a lamp on your head?!
Yes, I'm wondering about that myself. Is that Amsterdam for "headache"??
Old 12-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Administrator

I wish it was, but somebody seriously threw a complete lamp (not just the bulb) on my head. It was terribly crowded where we were working and those people are not used to wait. And since the younger crowd was where we were working, they were under the influence of more than just alcohol.

The duchess indeed looked elegant, esp. compared to other people attending. Most of them showed too much of everything, not minding their age. The dresscode was not clear either, most were in a gala dress, many in cocktail dress and some in a skirt+ jacket, like Sarah. She did seem a bit lost though. It was rather odd when she was announced, a big drum rol: .... and here is.... the duchess of York. People cheering and applauding as if they announced a pop singer. She did seem rather down to earth, good natured and unimpressed by the whole thing, which was nice to see among all those people who take themselves too seriously. Last year they 'hired' Pamela Anderson' for the opening btw.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Serene Highness

I think I would have been like Sarah, not too impressed by that Millionaire Fair. But thanks for sharing your impressions.

Sarah has been giving interviews to promote The Young Victoria ahead of its opening in American theatres:

Sarah Ferguson | Parade.com
Old 12-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Last year they 'hired' Pamela Anderson' for the opening btw.
You're serious? That plastic bimbo train wreck??

Sorry about the lamp.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Administrator

I just saw a short interview in a boulevard magazine on Dutch television, recorded just before the opening. The duchess was at the opening to get money for her charities. The organisation gave her funds for building schools. She said that events like these are good for her to meet people who can support these causes financially.

She also said that 2009 has been a horrible year for her, but that she managed to keep standing. When the interviewer asked what her favourite luxery was, she replied good health. Though she added that she too liked a nice watch etc.

She did not leave immidiately and walked around for an hour or so btw. She was very nice to her make up artist (a Dutchman who does all the celebrities), and the next day she even sent him a text message to thank him.

The interviewer is usually quite sceptical about royals but in this case he was very positive, as were all other people who commented in the item.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:55 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Sarah Ferguson: 'I became a kind of global mother'

Quote:
Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has described herself as a 'global mother' and says her ex-husband Prince Andrew is the 'epitome of an English gentleman'.
Read more: Sarah Ferguson: 'I became a kind of global mother' - Monsters and Critics
Old 12-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I think I would have been like Sarah, not too impressed by that Millionaire Fair. But thanks for sharing your impressions.

Sarah has been giving interviews to promote The Young Victoria ahead of its opening in American theatres:

Sarah Ferguson | Parade.com
Wow, that is a lovely picture with that article! thnks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I just saw a short interview in a boulevard magazine on Dutch television, recorded just before the opening. The duchess was at the opening to get money for her charities. The organisation gave her funds for building schools. She said that events like these are good for her to meet people who can support these causes financially.

She also said that 2009 has been a horrible year for her, but that she managed to keep standing. When the interviewer asked what her favourite luxery was, she replied good health. Though she added that she too liked a nice watch etc.

She did not leave immidiately and walked around for an hour or so btw. She was very nice to her make up artist (a Dutchman who does all the celebrities), and the next day she even sent him a text message to thank him.

The interviewer is usually quite sceptical about royals but in this case he was very positive, as were all other people who commented in the item.
Marengo, can you tell me in what programm this interview was? Maybe i can see it on the internet.

tnx
Old 12-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by di-fan72 View Post
Wow, that is a lovely picture with that article! thnks
You`re welcome! I like the picture too.

Closed Thread

Tags
discdish, duchess of york, mandarin oriental, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson, the young victoria