The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88hermes View Post
She won my heart,my love n' devotion forever..Humble servant of her Majesty, the Duchess of York!
What a superb post! I feel exactly the same. I will always humbly serve Sarah, The Duchess of York!

Old 11-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sarah Duchess of York was present at the wedding of the Crown Prince of Jodhpur Shivraj Singh and the Princess Gayatri Kumari of Askot on November 18th, 2010.
** Pic ** - Times of India

Old 11-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Administrator

If you wish to discuss the possiblity of Sarah attending the wedding, please do so in the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-29259-20.html thread.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 11-24-2010, 03:19 AM
Nobility

Fergie set to clear 5m debts | Mail Online

Here's hoping Sarah never finds herself in that position again.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post

This is great news. I wish her the best as she goes forward from here.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Sarah Ferguson trips up and nearly falls as she leaves charity dinner | Mail Online

Quote:
There cannot have been a more timely reminder of the pitfalls of becoming a Royal princess.
As auspicious news came of Prince William and Kate Middleton's impending wedding at Westminster Abbey, the Duchess of York was busy showing us just how not to do the job.
Sarah Ferguson, the former wife of Prince Andrew, is pictured here tripping, apparently worse for wear, first over a manhole cover and then over her flowing gown as she made an undignified exit from a charity dinner.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post

Copy that! Nice pic of her, btw.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Richard Kay...grain of salt...grain of salt.

Nonetheless I hope the news is true and I hope Sarah has learned from her financial experiences (along with alot of people who got caught in the economic downturn some of their making and some who just were financial victims).

She is like a cat with nine lives....this is like what....life number 5?

Old 11-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Majesty

My first reaction when I saw the words "a friend": "I wonder if the friend is Sarah herself?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Richard Kay...grain of salt...grain of salt.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:06 AM
Serene Highness

WOW is what I thought when I saw this pic. Sarah looks OLD and worn and she's put on the weight she worked so hard to get rid of.
I've always been a fan of hers and hope she gets her act together soon.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:01 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I wonder if the money is an advance from Oprah or is it Andrew who is paying or paid? The gown Fergie is wearing in the second article when she trips is by Alexander McQueen and is the same gown that Princess Mary of Denmark has worn. I'm sorry to say that Mary looked much better.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
I wonder if the money is an advance from Oprah or is it Andrew who is paying or paid? The gown Fergie is wearing in the second article when she trips is by Alexander McQueen and is the same gown that Princess Mary of Denmark has worn. I'm sorry to say that Mary looked much better.
Alexander McQueen costs a lot of money comparatively speaking- I mean I am astonsihed at his exorbitant prices.His clothes are fabulous but his costs are out of orbit too.
Maybe Sarah could tone down the spending on such extravagant clothes.
However I am concerned with this falling thing she has- as Sarah has done it before.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
Sarah Duchess of York was present at the wedding of the Crown Prince of Jodhpur Shivraj Singh and the Princess Gayatri Kumari of Askot on November 18th, 2010.
I could not figure out for the life of me if the Prince is a Sikh or not as the wedding would have taken place before noon[ bride and bridegroom must rise before sunrise- on the wedding day]And the groom in this one sits as the Christians do opposite to what the Hindus do-- to the right of the bride as they go around the Guru Granth Sahib.At the end of the ceremony which is quite spectacular they get prashad. But the reports say they finished at seven p.m.I hope Sarah enjoyed the spiritual aspects of the wedding and met the dignitaries there.Sarah I see also wore red which the colour the bride wore-.
Nice to see her in exotic lands.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
She is not really looking particularly attractive, is she?
Old 11-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
I could not figure out for the life of me if the Prince is a Sikh or not as the wedding would have taken place before noon[ bride and bridegroom must rise before sunrise- on the wedding day]And the groom in this one sits as the Christians do opposite to what the Hindus do-- to the right of the bride as they go around the Guru Granth Sahib.At the end of the ceremony which is quite spectacular they get prashad. But the reports say they finished at seven p.m.I hope Sarah enjoyed the spiritual aspects of the wedding and met the dignitaries there.Sarah I see also wore red which the colour the bride wore-.
Nice to see her in exotic lands.
I did not think he was Sikh, but a Rajput.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Commoner

CP Shivraj Singh of Jodhpur is not a Sikh, he is a Hindu Rathore (Rajput).
Old 11-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flora View Post
CP Shivraj Singh of Jodhpur is not a Sikh, he is a Hindu Rathore (Rajput).
Thank you Muriel and Flora for the clarification.
All Indian weddings to me are good events and marked as rites of passage and I hope Sarah gained something from having been to this...I hope some blessings fell her way...
Old 11-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

How did she wangle the invitation ???
Old 11-26-2010, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
She is like a cat with nine lives....this is like what....life number 5?
8 definately 8.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Nobility

Duchess of debt: Fergie's ultimatum to her creditors... Accept a quarter of what I owe you or risk getting NOTHING | Mail Online

This does not look good. Especially for Andrew, who once again gets dragged head long into the muck while Sarah does her own thing.

Quote:
She also declined lucrative offers from American television networks to join the commentary team for the wedding of Prince William to Kate Middleton, a job for which you might think she is eminently qualified. She is, of course, unlikely to be on the guest list.

But because her daughters will be there with the Royal Family, she considered that, too, to be inappropriate.

Maybe, just maybe, the erring *Duchess is beginning to acquire good judgment and restraint.

Good on her (Or possibly those around) for staying out of that.

Closed Thread

Tags
discdish, duchess of york, mandarin oriental, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson, the young victoria