Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Haha, I like that line "don't ask mummy for money"

Old 09-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Serene Highness

How embarassing!

Old 09-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Copy that! Even though it's charity, couldn't Sarah go to another event that didn't involve an auction and money flowing? As far as I know, she hasn't changed her spend thrift ways.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Copy that! Even though it's charity, couldn't Sarah go to another event that didn't involve an auction and money flowing? As far as I know, she hasn't changed her spend thrift ways.
Eh, i don't see an issue with it since she wasn't involved in the bidding. It's not exactly the alcoholic hanging out in a bar.

The joke straddled the line a bit. I mean, the guy wasn't a comedian so, while funny, it was still a bit harsh considering the situation. That's the kind of comment that gets you blacklisted from future events.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Wow! Almost a full month and not a word on Sarah and what's she's been up to.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:26 AM
Gentry

My guess is--and this is just a guess--that in exchange for allowing her to stay at Royal Lodge and for paying off some of her debts, that Prince Andrew has obligated Sarah to keep a low profile. I think that, with the exception of the series on Oprah's network and a few appearances here and there, we won't be seeing much of her in the future. I think her appeal/credibility has been pretty much ruined by this latest scandal.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Copy that. I think this is a good thing, IMO. Gives Sarah time to get her act together.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy's mom View Post
My guess is--and this is just a guess--that in exchange for allowing her to stay at Royal Lodge and for paying off some of her debts, that Prince Andrew has obligated Sarah to keep a low profile. I think that, with the exception of the series on Oprah's network and a few appearances here and there, we won't be seeing much of her in the future. I think her appeal/credibility has been pretty much ruined by this latest scandal.
I can certainly see why that has crossed your mind. It mightn't be a case of Prince Andrew laying down the law or issuing ultimatums, but more a case of giving Sarah good advice, and making her see that to turn a corner she has to take a step back and take a long hard look at herself and what kind of future she wants. I'm sure he genuinely wants what's best for her and maybe she's listening to him.
I also think that Oprah's people will be billing the show along the lines of "Sarah fights back or What Sarah did next?", so I think Andrew mightn't be the only one encouraging her to keep her head down for a few months..

P.S Having said all that I don't think the Daily Mail will let her off the hook that easy.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Majesty

I certainly hope that you're correct, Irish Eyes, and that Sarah will listen to good advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
I a case of giving Sarah good advice, and making her see that to turn a corner she has to take a step back and take a long hard look at herself and what kind of future she wants.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Serene Highness

It's probably time that she writes another book, maybe?
Old 10-14-2010, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Sarah is back in London!

Here are some pics of her out and about in London last night, October 13:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 10-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Serene Highness

Sarah's birthday is tomorrow, so maybe someone took her out to celebrate?
Old 10-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Serene Highness

She looks awful!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I certainly hope that you're correct, Irish Eyes, and that Sarah will listen to good advice.
Russo tends to look at Sarah's track record which isn't so good so though we hope for the best, we always prepare for the worst.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I think she looks quite good. The second is unflattering, but the other two are great!
Old 10-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Serene Highness

I think Sarah's face looks odd, like she's had some fillers injected into it, yet it still shows obvious signs of aging. But I'm amazed that she still has red hair without a sign of grey. Maybe she colours it? but I've never seen any hint of grey at the roots. Most people over 50 are partly, if not completely grey.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Serene Highness

My uncle is 60 and a redhead, his colour isn't so vivid anymore, but not grey :)
Old 10-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
My uncle is 60 and a redhead, his colour isn't so vivid anymore, but not grey :)
Same with my hubby. He's over 60 and the red has faded to a auburn but not one sign of a gray hair. Now his beard is another matter. :)
Old 10-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Most of my friends are in the 50 - 60 bracket and none of us are completely grey. We have the odd grey hair sure, but in most cases you have to go looking for it. Now those over 60 are getting greyer but I know very few fully grey younger than 70.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Serene Highness

That's interesting. My mom often tells me that she was colouring her hair by the time she was 30 because she had found grey hairs. On the other hand, when I think about it, my dad wasn't grey at 50, although he's 65 now and fairly grey. Maybe my mom has biased me into thinking that most women who don't have grey hair at 50 must be colouring their hair!

I also have a theory that redheads don't go grey as quickly.

Closed Thread

Tags
discdish, duchess of york, mandarin oriental, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson, the young victoria