The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaJa View Post
Why would she stop living? She made a mistake but can't simply stop working.
Exactly - she still has to earn a living to support herself and pay off her debts. If anything she will have to do more now rather than less, unless the RF is going to pay her to keep out of the limelight. Her own means of income are her public appearances and nothing else. She is 50 years old and unemployable with no marketable skills except what she has been doing for the last 14 years.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Or she has no conscience and/or no sense of what she's really done.
Most people have a conscience, and I`m sure Sarah has one. I think after the news broke, she realized she could either cancel all her public appearances, or keep going with her life. As much as I am totally unimpressed by Sarah`s behaviour right now and the fact that I don`t think she has really taken responsibility for her actions (we`ll see what she says on Oprah) ultimately she she doesn`t need to walk around with her head hanging just because the media thinks that`s what she should be doing. She has to answer to her family, the royal family, and her own conscience.

I also think that Sarah is the type of person who lives in the moment and that she hasn`t faced the full consequences of what she`s done, by any means. Right now she is probably doing what most people do in a crisis--trying a solution that worked before. Sarah probably thinks that just like she fought to pay off her debts and redeem herself from scandal in America before, she can do it again. But I don`t think ìt`s going to work a second time. There might be a temporary surge of support for her in America, but over a longer period of time she is going to find that the doors for public appearances that used to be open to her are now closed.

We`ve been hearing about her financial problems for some time and they`re always met with assurances that she has `projects in the pipeline` but nothing ever materializes. If there were going to be lots of easy opportunities for Sarah to clear her debts, we should have been seeing some of those projects by now.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
Most people have a conscience, and I`m sure Sarah has one. I think after the news broke, she realized she could either cancel all her public appearances, or keep going with her life.
We have to remember also that things that Sarah has carried out over the past week also were not on the spur of the moment... they were planned and the dates set to which she committed to. I really don't think at this point she could afford to cancel everything and go off to the north woods somewhere to lick her wounds and gouge on Big Macs. She carried forth and IMHO in a way that showed a lot of courage.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, that`s what I`m trying to say. I`m not defending Sarah for most of what she`s done, but in real life, unless we`ve done something illegal and are heading for jail, we all have to carry on with our lives after we`ve done something wrong. Even if it`s something as huge as what Sarah did. I don`t really see how holing up in Royal Lodge or wherever Sarah stays in New York could have done her any good.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Exactly - she still has to earn a living to support herself and pay off her debts. If anything she will have to do more now rather than less, unless the RF is going to pay her to keep out of the limelight. Her own means of income are her public appearances and nothing else. She is 50 years old and unemployable with no marketable skills except what she has been doing for the last 14 years.
Well, this proves it, she'll be right for a few years yet, she can still make a front page story , which received more interest than the opening of parliament.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

SARAH FERGUSON TAKES SHELTER IN PORTUGAL AFTER THE SCANDAL TO REMAKE HER LIFE.

After the scandal of selling the access to his husband to a supposed business-man, Sarah Ferguson scaped to Los Angeles, where even asked apologizes at Oprah Winphrey show. But the pressure of media in USA was so tight, where even The Globe published that Fergie did sex for money too with Arabian tycoons, that she decided to leave the States too, and avoiding to get back too soon to UK, the Duchesse of York took shelter and spent a week in the luxury Hotel Aquapura Douro Valley, in the quiet and beautiful North of Portugal near the Duero river, where she also profitted to follow a treatment for losing weight. Fergie has spent the worst moments in her life since the divulgation by the News of the World of a video in which she was trying to sell the access to Prince Andrew for 600.000 euros. The Duchesse traveled alone, but there was all days accompanied by a personal trainer for jogging and exercising in and outside the hotel. Fergie was caring of her mind and body to improve her image before returning to Uk. In her Portuguese retirement Sara Ferguson found the solitude she needed in a remote Mounty area of forests, to relax and think how to remake her life. The hotel chosen by Sarah Ferguson to hide from the World has all the facilities to make a dreamt and magic stay. Composed of a main building, and attached luxury villas, the duchesse was lodged at one of the villas for a whole week. She tried a program for losig weight and tonification, including special diet, spa with different baths and sauna, massages, and a personal trainer, worth 3.300 euros, everything to recover herself phisically and emotionally days before facing hardbattles: a court case for a debt of 230.000 euros, and what's worst, the battle for her image against the media, affecting as well the image of her daughters and the Royal Family of Britain.

BEW.com.pl sources
Old 06-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Majesty

I wonder who's paying for this? Andrew, Beatrice, and Eugenie?
Old 06-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Interesting question, Mermaid. I will not hold my breath, however, waiting for the answer...
Old 06-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I wonder who's paying for this? Andrew, Beatrice, and Eugenie?
Gotta be Dave.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:48 AM
Majesty

Could be. Could very well be.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Dave? Whose Dave?
Old 06-11-2010, 06:29 AM
Courtier

^^
Beatrice's boyfriend?
Old 06-12-2010, 01:38 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

For someone pleading poverty Sarah still isn't helping her cause. People reading this article about her hiding away in luxury are also asking as to just who is paying for all this recreation? I hope it isn't her daughters or Beatrice's boyfriend, but sadly, it more than likely is. I think Sarah got a rude awakening in finding out the US wasn't as sympathetic to her or as welcoming as she crowed about to the media.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Commoner

Her daughters, sure. I think.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Aristocracy

I just read that she is off to Sir Richard Branson's private Caribbean island to meet up with the princesses after having to fire her staff (Prince Andrew's office is going to take over management of her affairs). Here's the article if anyone is interested
Old 07-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceS View Post
I just read that she is off to Sir Richard Branson's private Caribbean island to meet up with the princesses after having to fire her staff (Prince Andrew's office is going to take over management of her affairs). Here's the article if anyone is interested
Perfect private place for Sarah and the girls to get together I think. Branson and his children Holly and Sam have been friends with them for years.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Yes I read that yesterday, she cut 10 of her loyal staff, then went on holiday.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Yes I read that yesterday, she cut 10 of her loyal staff, then went on holiday.

well that's Sarah for you, as long as she's got a freebie holiday hey!!
Old 07-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Serene Highness

Not terribly tactful.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Administrator

It certainly isn't nice to sack your employees and then go on vacation.

On the other hand, I hope the staff had seen the writing on the wall (Sarah's financial problems weren't exactly a secret) had started the process of looking for new jobs before they were let go.

Closed Thread

Tags
discdish, duchess of york, mandarin oriental, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson, the young victoria