Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 15: October 2009-December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a moment of self-lacerating honesty, when she published her memoir My Story in 1996 - the year of her divorce - she described herself as 'gullible, reckless, a spendthrift, a woman wholly unfitted for royal life'.

Now, as she told Stephanie Allmon, of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, over tea at Neiman Marcus: 'I like to be chaotic and crazy and eccentric and a social entrepreneur. This is who I am and I like it, and I'm not going to change. I'm just me.'

It's getting harder to believe that she will ever learn. It's sad to see, especially when one considers all the advantages that she's had, but who's going to put their foot down? Who's going to say, "enough's enough Sarah." ? Maybe her daughters, and soon if she's lucky.

That's what I mean. And to think of all the good she's done for Children in Crisis to be known for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget this telling quote from Queen Mary:
"You are a member of the British royal family. We are never tired, and we all love hospitals."
For some strange reason, this quote of Queen Mary's went through my mind the other day.:)
I appreciate Sarah's cheerful nature and her work for children and others. If only she could curb her me-centered, therapy-esque conversation and her tendency to spend herself into trouble. She's been taken more seriously as a public figure if she could handle these aspects of her personality.

Sarah, Duchess of York and Princess Beatrice attend The Caudwell
Children Butterfly Ball held at the Battersea Evolution. London,
England, May 20, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

Sarah is STUNNING on this occasion (Butterfly Ball). I think that Beatrice must be a fair bit smaller than her mother...she's shorter even with those heels.:flowers:

Thanks for the pics. I thought Sarah and Beatrice looked wonderful. Love seeing them with their mom:flowers:.

Sarah, Duchess of York leaves the Renaissance Hotel after receiving
an award during the Variety International dinner at the 2010 Hollywood
World Conference, Sunday, May 23, 2010, in Los Angeles.

Difficult time for an awards evening..

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I hope this award will be the last one ..her glory days are gone now...

I am so disappointed in her now. I always supported her, despite her mistakes, which I always thought were made in innocence. To me, unlike Diana, she never had any spite against the Royal Family. This is worse than spite. It is unforgivable greed, crassness, vulgarity and hypocrisy. Not to mention unbelievable stupidity! This latest incident has cooked her goose with me, and I'm sure with Prince Andrew and the Queen. It will have done untold damage to the Royals. The "Merry Wives of Windsor," it seems, will be seen in the future to have been the downfall of the Windsors. Neither Sarah or Diana had the slightest idea of what being Royal is all about.

Sarah, Duchess of York leaves the Renaissance Hotel
I love that hotel. She was right down the street from me. I'm disappointed in her too and surprised to see her out and about. I'm sure her awards season is over. What a terrible price to pay. Reminds me of Blagojevich...

Life goes on.. so business as usual for Sarah today:

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, speaks during the opening ceremonies
of the BookExpo America and signs copies of her book "Helping Hand
Books: Emily's First Day at School" in New York May 26, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

It's hard to believe that this is the same shriveled-up woman who got off the plane a few days ago. She looks great. I don't know how she can function, really.

I think she was able to get some decent sleep, somehow.

Life goes on.. so business as usual for Sarah today:

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, speaks during the opening ceremonies
of the BookExpo America and signs copies of her book "Helping Hand
Books: Emily's First Day at School" in New York May 26, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

How does she do it?? She's acting like nothings happened. I guess she's made out of tough stuff.

Why would she stop living? She made a mistake but can't simply stop working.

Why would she stop living? She made a mistake but can't simply stop working.

Exactly - she still has to earn a living to support herself and pay off her debts. If anything she will have to do more now rather than less, unless the RF is going to pay her to keep out of the limelight. Her own means of income are her public appearances and nothing else. She is 50 years old and unemployable with no marketable skills except what she has been doing for the last 14 years.

Or she has no conscience and/or no sense of what she's really done.:ermm:

Most people have a conscience, and I`m sure Sarah has one. I think after the news broke, she realized she could either cancel all her public appearances, or keep going with her life. As much as I am totally unimpressed by Sarah`s behaviour right now and the fact that I don`t think she has really taken responsibility for her actions (we`ll see what she says on Oprah) ultimately she she doesn`t need to walk around with her head hanging just because the media thinks that`s what she should be doing. She has to answer to her family, the royal family, and her own conscience.

I also think that Sarah is the type of person who lives in the moment and that she hasn`t faced the full consequences of what she`s done, by any means. Right now she is probably doing what most people do in a crisis--trying a solution that worked before. Sarah probably thinks that just like she fought to pay off her debts and redeem herself from scandal in America before, she can do it again. But I don`t think ìt`s going to work a second time. There might be a temporary surge of support for her in America, but over a longer period of time she is going to find that the doors for public appearances that used to be open to her are now closed.

We`ve been hearing about her financial problems for some time and they`re always met with assurances that she has `projects in the pipeline` but nothing ever materializes. If there were going to be lots of easy opportunities for Sarah to clear her debts, we should have been seeing some of those projects by now.

Most people have a conscience, and I`m sure Sarah has one. I think after the news broke, she realized she could either cancel all her public appearances, or keep going with her life.

We have to remember also that things that Sarah has carried out over the past week also were not on the spur of the moment... they were planned and the dates set to which she committed to. I really don't think at this point she could afford to cancel everything and go off to the north woods somewhere to lick her wounds and gouge on Big Macs. She carried forth and IMHO in a way that showed a lot of courage.

Yes, that`s what I`m trying to say. I`m not defending Sarah for most of what she`s done, but in real life, unless we`ve done something illegal and are heading for jail, we all have to carry on with our lives after we`ve done something wrong. Even if it`s something as huge as what Sarah did. I don`t really see how holing up in Royal Lodge or wherever Sarah stays in New York could have done her any good.

Exactly - she still has to earn a living to support herself and pay off her debts. If anything she will have to do more now rather than less, unless the RF is going to pay her to keep out of the limelight. Her own means of income are her public appearances and nothing else. She is 50 years old and unemployable with no marketable skills except what she has been doing for the last 14 years.

Well, this proves it, she'll be right for a few years yet, she can still make a front page story , which received more interest than the opening of parliament.

SARAH FERGUSON TAKES SHELTER IN PORTUGAL AFTER THE SCANDAL TO REMAKE HER LIFE.

After the scandal of selling the access to his husband to a supposed business-man, Sarah Ferguson scaped to Los Angeles, where even asked apologizes at Oprah Winphrey show. But the pressure of media in USA was so tight, where even The Globe published that Fergie did sex for money too with Arabian tycoons, that she decided to leave the States too, and avoiding to get back too soon to UK, the Duchesse of York took shelter and spent a week in the luxury Hotel Aquapura Douro Valley, in the quiet and beautiful North of Portugal near the Duero river, where she also profitted to follow a treatment for losing weight. Fergie has spent the worst moments in her life since the divulgation by the News of the World of a video in which she was trying to sell the access to Prince Andrew for 600.000 euros. The Duchesse traveled alone, but there was all days accompanied by a personal trainer for jogging and exercising in and outside the hotel. Fergie was caring of her mind and body to improve her image before returning to Uk. In her Portuguese retirement Sara Ferguson found the solitude she needed in a remote Mounty area of forests, to relax and think how to remake her life. The hotel chosen by Sarah Ferguson to hide from the World has all the facilities to make a dreamt and magic stay. Composed of a main building, and attached luxury villas, the duchesse was lodged at one of the villas for a whole week. She tried a program for losig weight and tonification, including special diet, spa with different baths and sauna, massages, and a personal trainer, worth 3.300 euros, everything to recover herself phisically and emotionally days before facing hardbattles: a court case for a debt of 230.000 euros, and what's worst, the battle for her image against the media, affecting as well the image of her daughters and the Royal Family of Britain.

BEW.com.pl sources

I wonder who's paying for this? Andrew, Beatrice, and Eugenie?:ermm:

Interesting question, Mermaid. I will not hold my breath, however, waiting for the answer...

Could be. Could very well be.:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom