The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Commoner

2009 York Christmas card

I don't think there has been any York Christmas cards in the last couple of years that have appeared online. Here's a pic from The Daily Mail online and again it seems a lovely, natural pose. The girls certainly have beautiful smiles!

You might need to scroll down a bit, there's an article before this one under the title "Poison Alyce is no longer Mrs Cleese". I thought I'd post the link here because Sarah took the photo and wasn't sure whether to put it in the Beatrice or Eugenie thread!

A Windsor wonderland

Poison Alyce is no longer Mrs Cleese | Mail Online

Old 12-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Serene Highness

I love the picture! After so seeing so many pictures of Beatrice and Eugenie in formal clothes, at galas, etc., this one is a nice change--they look like two regular girls having fun in the snow. That snowman is kind of cute.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Is HM aware of this new and very cold addition to the BRF??
Old 12-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The new royal must be wearing joke head apparel. I can't imagine one of the Windsors buying or creating it for himself (herself).
Old 12-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

How sweet, the girls look wonderful.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

I liked the comment at the end about them working by manning the phones for the fundraiser - far more a story I would have thought.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Administrator

As her daughters, Beatrice and Eugenie, open their presents today - in line with Royal Family tradition - the Duchess of York will be far away in the ice-bound Arctic, where she is spending Christmas with a frozen-foods magnate.

Fergie, I can reveal, has flown to Norway to spend the festive season with handsome Findus multi-millionaire Geir Frantzen, 42, at his luxury home in the remote Vesteralen island region - and the Duchess is said to be 'giddy' with excitement about the trip.

She has visited the retreat on several occasions over the past 18 months, but has always insisted the two are just good friends.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1238108/Fergies-Christmas-trip-man-ex.html#ixzz0aZo9BbNd

Old 12-24-2009, 04:26 AM
Commoner

Merry Christmas Sarah! I hope she has a festive time considering the set up with the girls has been in place for several years now. I'll bet they'll have a great time with their mum in South Africa ringing in the New Year.
Nice to see Sarah doing something different for a couple of days with friends. I honestly think that's all she and Geir are considering her comments about being single and not having had a boyfriend in a long time.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

And his ex-wife, should be one fun christmas.
Its a shame a mother has to be away from her children for christmas but thats the way it is.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Seems as if Fergie has found a way to keep nice and "snug" for Christmas....: )
Old 12-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
And his ex-wife, should be one fun christmas.
Its a shame a mother has to be away from her children for christmas but thats the way it is.
For many years she would stay in another house on the Sandringham estate and I don't recall ever seeing any report that she was stopped from doing so so I assume that this is her call and not the royal family's. It is like Diana insisting on having Christmas alone at Kensington while the boys were at Sandringham totally ignoring the fact that she had been invited to stay as well but chose to be a martyr and make out that she was being denied her children at Christmas when it was her decision to stay away from them. Sarah was always there when they were little and the Queen would also go over after Christmas lunch to spend some time with her.

It isn't 'a shame a mother has to be away from her children for Christmas' at all but a personal decision by that mother that fits in with the ages of the children and the relationship that they have with their father's family and their mother.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Anyway, its good that Sarah has found someone and is spending Christmas with this frozen foods tycoon.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Serene Highness

Sarah gave an interview on the American program "Innerviews" recently. This is a short clip of it--she talks about her love for Andrew.

Here's the longer clip if anyone wants to watch the whole thing. She talks about the Young Victoria and her own life. Near the end she says she's planning to ride a mustang across America to help save the wild mustangs--I think the interviewer couldn't quite believe what he was hearing!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow! Well, now we all know how Sarah feels about Andrew. I suspect he probably feels the same way about her.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Well, Sarah always has been quite a talkative person, hasn't she? Anyway, to say "he's the greatest gentleman that I know" is something really beautiful when you're divorced, IMO.
Whatever they still share, it is nice for the girls that they have such a "friendship".
Old 01-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Courtier

rmay286 Thank you for posting Sarah's interview. I admit I have never been a great fan of Sarah's. Apart from where she goes on at great length about her love for Andrew, she is quite genuine and down to earth.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:25 AM
Majesty

I don't mean this in a catty way, honestly. Does anyone else think that she might be heavily Botoxed? Where's her facial expression? It's like she can hardly smile.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Many women of her age use botox and fillers to look younger. From my personal experience, I will say that, done by a good doctor, botox takes 10 years off the face!
Old 01-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I don't mean this in a catty way, honestly. Does anyone else think that she might be heavily Botoxed? Where's her facial expression? It's like she can hardly smile.
Yes, something has happened to her face, I realized the "stiff upper lip" as well. But usually Botox looks different to me. I think she doesn't use the best doctor if it indeed is Botox...
Old 01-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Majesty

Sarah's usually so expressive, and she seems so different here. I find that people who've had Botox sometimes have that no-facial-muscles look around the forehead, but with Sarah it seems more extreme.

It was quite interesting to hear about her relationship with Andrew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Yes, something has happened to her face, I realized the "stiff upper lip" as well. But usually Botox looks different to me. I think she doesn't use the best doctor if it indeed is Botox...

Closed Thread

Tags
discdish, duchess of york, mandarin oriental, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson, the young victoria