Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 15: October 2009-December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that some of the WikiLeaks articles about Andrew said that he flew to New York on Monday on a "private visit." Funny enough, that is where Sarah is supposed to be right now filming the Oprah documentary...
You think he is lending support to this?

You think he is lending support to this?

Well, support to Sarah--not necessarily to the documentary. I just can't think of any other obvious reasons why Prince Andrew would make a "personal visit" to NY, other than to see Sarah--but of course, he could have friends/connections there that we know nothing about.

I meant to Sarah- he probably does not approve of the show, but would want to support one of his best friends ( Sarah)as she is the mother of his children.
How well does Oprah know the Yorks?

Last edited:
Andrew could very well be meeting up with Sarah in NY, but I just wondering why you think she would need his support while making the documentary, I assume he isn't appearing in it, she has done quite a bit of media work before so I don't think she would be particularly nervous?

Sounds interesting! I will definitely watch!
Wonder what QE2 thinks? Prince Andrew?
And Prince Phillip? I bet he can hardly wait... not!
Dr Phil and Sarah... that will be an interesting chat!

At this moment they probably don't care what Sarah is doing, as long as she stays out of their way.

Well, support to Sarah--not necessarily to the documentary. I just can't think of any other obvious reasons why Prince Andrew would make a "personal visit" to NY, other than to see Sarah--but of course, he could have friends/connections there that we know nothing about.

Christmas shopping? ;)

How well does Oprah know the Yorks?

Oprah knows Sarah, she knows of Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie I am guessing, but I doubt she has ever met them.

Andrew could very well be meeting up with Sarah in NY, but I just wondering why you think she would need his support while making the documentary, I assume he isn't appearing in it, she has done quite a bit of media work before so I don't think she would be particularly nervous?

Maybe, maybe not, but this time there may be hard ?s to answer, and heavy topics discussed. It may be an emotional time, and Sarah may need support, and advice on how to respond without upsetting the BRF.

there was actually an article last week, I think it was in the Telegraph, that after the story was leaked about Sara selling info on Andrew, she was staying at the Mandarin Hotel and was being chased about London by reporters so pretended to go to another less extravagant hotel before going back to the Mandarin. Things look a little dicey.

Maybe, maybe not, but this time there may be hard ?s to answer, and heavy topics discussed. It may be an emotional time, and Sarah may need support, and advice on how to respond without upsetting the BRF.

Yes I very much agree with you on that Roseroyal.

there was actually an article last week, I think it was in the Telegraph, that after the story was leaked about Sara selling info on Andrew, she was staying at the Mandarin Hotel and was being chased about London by reporters so pretended to go to another less extravagant hotel before going back to the Mandarin. Things look a little dicey.

Last I read (and I know everything I read isn't true) Piers Morgan said in his column that he had dinner last month with Sarah and he asked her which of the Royals had been supportive since the scandal, and she said "Andrew has been amazing, he really came through for me".
The article you mentioned was in he Daily Mail, she was attending a charity event. The very same paper a few days later (when reporting about her offer to creditors) said she remains "very much the mistress of Royal Lodge".

Sorry, but I don't think Sarah would be allowed back in BP unless she paid the entrance fee in the summer.
"Short journey" back to Windsor, i'm sure she could take 10-15 minutes? Out of her precious day to return to Royal Lodge, where she shouldn't be living anyway.

That's just bonkers! I don't think Sarah would be that presumptious! :ohmy:

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Columnists :: Fergie returns to Palace quarters

I wonder if this is true, and where the journalist is getting his information. I find it hard to believe that Sarah would be staying in Buckingham Palace again, even if just on the occasional night. I would have to do more research to figure out for sure, but I don't think Andrew has a three bedroom suite, either.

Andrew certainly does have an apartment at BP but how big it is I don't know. Eugenie also stays in that apartment when in London but Beatrice has her own apartment at St James' Palace. Edward also has an apartment at BP and Anne has one in London as well but I can't remember whether it is at BP or at St James'.

If the story that Sarah is spending the odd night in her husband's apartment is true it shows how close they are and raises the possibility of a remarriage at some time in the future (after Philip has passed).

I am sure that she would also steer clear of Philip.

Oh Sarah you never cease to surprise us.
Seriously, it was reported that Andrew invited her to his party at BP to celebrate his 50th which she declined. If she wasn't comfortable going there to mark his 50th when he would have been with her for support I really don't think she would let herself in after a night on the tiles.

Perhaps not surprisingly, since they are divorced, there seems to be a tendency to assume that Sarah is being pushy about this and inappropriately imposing herself on Andrew, but it is quite possible that Andrew is the one insisting she stays there. It is possible she has been reluctant to do so in the past but has now yielded to his requests. It's clear that they have remained close, and none of us knows the precise nature of their relationship. If what they do is consensual, it's none of our business. At the moment the ex-in-laws are at Sandringham, and will be there for six weeks or so, so there's no chance of her running in to Philip.

Well, I tried to find out about Andrew's "suite of rooms" at Buckingham Palace, and found two separate articles that seemed to suggest that he has three rooms, period--not three bedrooms. He has one bedroom, one sitting room, and an office. This is sort of what I thought, which is why I was surprised to read about Sarah staying there. The implication would be that she and Andrew are actually a couple.

And yes, I'm in agreement with IrishEyes that Sarah wouldn't want to return to Buckingham Palace--even if Prince Philip isn't there. It's an odd story.

Yeah it a strange one alright. I also read a while back that Sarah's name is still on the plaque entering Andrew's quarters at BP. He has so far refused to change TRH The Duke and Duchess of York to HRH The Duke of York. What's all that about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it a strange one alright. I also read a while back that Sarah's name is still on the plaque entering Andrew's quarters at BP. He has so far refused to change TRH The Duke and Duchess of York to HRH The Duke of York. What's all that about?

It's obvious that he still loves her but he's an absolute jellyfish as well. I think he's quite lucky that they are divorced because it seems that Sarah has him wrapped around her finger tightly, he seems to have no ability to set her straight, despite the fact that he's refered to her as his third child.

Oh Sarah you never cease to surprise us.
Seriously, it was reported that Andrew invited her to his party at BP to celebrate his 50th which she declined. If she wasn't comfortable going there to mark his 50th when he would have been with her for support I really don't think she would let herself in after a night on the tiles.

I would actually argue to opposite.

At the 50th birthday event she would definitely run into Philip and the rest of the family but if all she is doing is letting herself into his private apartment then she would only really have to deal with Andrew and his staff.

I would actually argue to opposite.

At the 50th birthday event she would definitely run into Philip and the rest of the family but if all she is doing is letting herself into his private apartment then she would only really have to deal with Andrew and his staff.

You could well be right Iluvbertie, I hadn't really thought of it like that.
If there is even a grain of truth to this story she must still be on very good terms with Andrew, and I'm sure his staff are well used to her being around by now.

Irish Eyes said:
Breaking News - "E! True Hollywood Story: Sarah Duchess of York" Premieres December 21 at 10:00 PM ET/PT on E! | TheFutonCritic.com

I'm sure there is nothing new or current about it, but there is a documentary/Biography type thing about Sarah on E-true hollywood story tonight at 10 p.m. for those of you who have the channel.

It's just started but I didn't know Sarah and Diana knew each other since they were 12 and on their first mtg the Queen loved her even though she accidently kicked the dog lol

Also I didn't know Diana stopped speaking to her because Sarah wrote a story in her book about borrowing Dianas shoes

This biography does seem to indicated that Fergies severe insecurities were the root of many of her problems-

Sorry if everyone knew this but her mom was decapitated and Sarah missed being in the WTC on 9/11 by 20 min.... I didn't know any of this- Wow!

Last edited:
Sarah will be spending Christmas Day with no family around her and no friends as she was due to go to Norway but the snow has stopped her plans. I would love the girls to say one day - we are spending Christmas with our mother.

Good news though as well - she has almost cleared her debts.

Fergie¿s solo Christmas: No Andrew. No Eugenie or Bea. Just her (and a few servants) | Mail Online

I totally agree Iluvbertie. I just wonder if the story is completely accurate, first of all there hasn't been sight or sound of the norweigan friend all year, and secondly if her flight was cancelled I'm sure she knows people with private jets. There is no need for her to be alone all day, if Wood Farm isn't still an option I'm sure her step mother would be delighted to see her, not to mention extended family or friends in the UK.
I also wish the girls would insist on spending at least every other Christmas day with her. I think Andrew would understand but it would probably cause trouble with the higher powers.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Columnists :: Fergie returns to Palace quarters

I wonder if this is true, and where the journalist is getting his information. I find it hard to believe that Sarah would be staying in Buckingham Palace again, even if just on the occasional night. I would have to do more research to figure out for sure, but I don't think Andrew has a three bedroom suite, either.
If she is, IMO she must really have the goods on Andrew.

The press is always insinuating that the wealthy man in Norway is a man of interest in Sarah's life, but he has a girlfriend. It's a shame that she has no one, but unfortunately she placed herself in that position through unwise decisions. At least she has a cook and servants, there are people who have absolutely no family or friends at the holidays, they're the ones the Mail should write about, not a woman who still has the best in life and still cries," Poor me."

The press is always insinuating that the wealthy man in Norway is a man of interest in Sarah's life, but he has a girlfriend. It's a shame that she has no one, but unfortunately she placed herself in that position through unwise decisions. At least she has a cook and servants, there are people who have absolutely no family or friends at the holidays, they're the ones the Mail should write about, not a woman who still has the best in life and still cries," Poor me."

Where is that article did Sarah say anything remotely 'poor me'?

I think there is something wrong with the girls that they don't insist on spending Christmas sometimes with their mother. I simply don't understand supposedly loving daughters accepting the idea that they don't see their mother on Christmas Day.

I think there is something wrong with the girls that they don't insist on spending Christmas sometimes with their mother. I simply don't understand supposedly loving daughters accepting the idea that they don't see their mother on Christmas Day.

Perhaps its not that big of a deal to Sarah that she must see her girls on Christmas Day. From everything I've read about Sarah, it always seemed to be clear to me that Sarah did and does hold the Queen and Andrew's family in high regard still. Perhaps she feels its important that her girls spend time with their grandmother while they're still able to. After the grandparents are gone, there will be many years for Sarah and Andrew both to share with the girls... who knows.. maybe even together.

Where is that article did Sarah say anything remotely 'poor me'?

But maybe, as Osipi suggested, Sarah has encouraged her girls to spend time with "Granny." I'm sure Sarah would love to see her girls on Christmas Day, but that would mean taking them away from Andrew. She also does have a lot of respect for the Queen still, and probably realizes that the Queen doesn't have many opportunities to get together with all her grandchildren. Sarah has never been one to deliberately burn bridges with the royal family (such as a tug-of-war over where the girls spend Christmas).

Who knows, though? When Beatrice and Eugenie are a little older, perhaps they will alternate Christmas with the RF and Christmas with Sarah.

It will be interesting to watch the dynamics of the royal family in the next few years, as William and Kate marry and then start a family, and the spotlight shifts to them. As time goes by, the media will be less concerned with Beatrice and Eugenie's decisions and they will have more freedom to distance themselves from the RF a bit (if they want to). As for Sarah, it's obvious by now that the BRF hasn't seen the last of her.

On another note, at the bottom of this article, it says that Sarah has nixed any possibility of being a commentator for William and Kate's wedding.

Is Keira Knightley's romance on the rocks? | Mail Online

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom