Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 15: October 2009-December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York spoke at the Montreal Millennium
Summit, April 21, 2010, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Sarah spoke on the behalf of her experiences and work as an ambassador
for her three children's charities. She spoke of bringing together people
and organizations to work to improve conditions for children around the
world.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Sarah seems to be dressed to make a serious impression. This is good.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, this is sad! Hope she can stand this! :flowers:

Yes i hope also that this will have a good end. :flowers: I hope the best for her. And i am sure things are blown up by the press, we do not know exactly what is going on.

Sarah is a survivor, and she will find a way out of the present difficulties.
Even if she has to go to court, she'll do it with panache and flair!
Long live Sarah...

I wonder how many of you have read the Starkie book. Sarah comes through as a person full of ideas but loses interest (and incidentally money) very easily. She just doesn´t follow through. She has wonderful ideas and is very enthusiastic but then makes the wrong decision and usually ends up losing out, and that usually takes the form of money and ends in debt. Some of her ideas are very good and should make her a fortune, a pity, some people are like that, it could be bad luck, but then quite often it is a lack of judgement. Of course she has the backing of Prince Andres which is very lucky for her.

She HAS made and lost several fortunes, apparently, and continues to make a living and a life from a 14-year-old divorce. It's sad, really, because she can't seem to let go of the past and rebuild her life.

She HAS made and lost several fortunes, apparently, and continues to make a living and a life from a 14-year-old divorce. It's sad, really, because she can't seem to let go of the past and rebuild her life.

She has rebuilt her life with her ex-husband.

To me they have the perfect royal relationship. They have their two children in line to the throne and she doesn't have to do the royal round of duties but she has all the benefits of a lifestyle without the negatives of having to open hospitals and shake hands with hundreds if not thousands of people for the sake of being married to a royal.

I also don't think Sarah needs to "let go of the past" or rebuild her life. She doesn't seem to feel lost: actually I find she seems to be much happier now than she was in the past when she was often talking about her weight issues and all her insecurities. Nowadays Sarah often says that she loves her life, and at least the way she describes it, she has a good relationship with Andrew. I think that they're probably more mature now and as a result have a better relationship than they did when they were married. And of course, Sarah will always be the mother of two princesses. She can't let go of that part of the past even if she wanted to.

Sarah can´t let go of her title as it is her only asset this gets her out of debt every time, and of course being the mother of the Queen´s granddaughters.
She may be happy clinging like a limpet to Prince Andrew but that is entirely selfish on her part, she can come and go and enjoy the royal life style when she pleases. She should let him go and let him make a life for himself instead of having to look after her and have her watching her closely to make sure he doesn´t stray. No admiration from me for any of this.
This was someone who was very close to her and John Bryan and at the same time was often visiting her and Prince Andrew. Read the Allan Starkie book then make up your mind about her. Of course read other books about her by different authors they seem to confirm what Starkie says.

She doesn't have a title. She lost that when she divorced Andrew. She has a style, like any other divorced ex-wife of a peer and most continue to use them, until the remarry and get a better one.

To me it is very clear that Andrew and Sarah are still very much an item, although not married. They are a couple in every way bar one - no wedding ring any more. It isn't simply that she won't let him go but rather that neither of them want the other to go and they stick to each other because they are still in love with each other but just not married to each other.

Her children are the grandchildren of the monarch and she has to maintain a certain manner of lifestyle due to that fact alone.
I think she does a great job as a divorced woman who also knows that her man is there for her and she is there for her.

:previous: That's the way I see it, too.

I beg to differ (surprise, surprise! :whistling:). I once sat next a man whom I didn't know. I asked the hostess, "And who is this gentleman?" to which the hostesses mother replied, "That is my husband." I knew they had been divorced for many, many years and both had moved onto other relationships. Sarah strikes me the same: she is not in love with Prince Andrew yet she does not hesitate to "claim ownership" of him, much as she used to "claim ownership" on Paddy McNally in Verbier.

Recently Andrew called her his "third child". That does not seem the title of a woman you are on equal footing with or that you are in love with no matter all that Sarah claims they are. I see it as just Sarah capitalizing on what she can from PA. And PA letting her.
Wisteria, I have read the Starkie book, though it has been over a decade since I have read it. I just got it from the library and am re-reading it. What a shocker! :eek:

I don`t think Sarah refers to Andrew as her husband...:ermm: That situation of your hostess and ex-husband does sound bizarre. But I don`t think it can be compared to Sarah and Andrew for another reason--neither of them has moved on to new relationships.

Oddly, I`m not sure if I`ve read that Allan Starkie book. I must have glanced at it, because I know I`ve seen it. I have read the one by Sarah`s `psychic`Madame Vasso, which doesn`t paint a very flattering picture of Sarah either. But to me, what Sarah did years ago can`t be taken as an accurate picture of who she is now. I have a lot more respect for Sarah today than I did even a few years ago.

But I don`t think it can be compared to Sarah and Andrew for another reason--neither of them has moved on to new relationships.
I seem to remember Sarah having a relationship with a titled Italian if I am not mistaken. There's her on again, off again relationship with Gier Franzen?? Is this the correct name? I just know him as Mr. Fish Fingers. Then there is Angie Everhardt and that one gal who had major dealings in Dubai. So yeah, I believe they have moved on to new relationships.

Sarah is giving a speech at the Oslo Freedom Forum tomorrow. A copy of her speech is on The Daily Beast's website.

I have a lot more respect for Sarah today than I did even a few years ago.

May I ask why? She is still in debt, she goes to a lot of parties. She dresses like her daughters when she is now mature, her ex husband calls her a child, and she really doesn´t seem to do much at all. Please read the Starkie book, she may not be the same as she was some years back, it was written when she was just separated from Prince Andrew, but it gives a very good insight into her charity work a nd her relationship with a certain John and who her great love was.

I looked Starkie up and he is no Madame Vasso. He graduated from West Point and rose to the rank of Captain in the US Army Intelligence and his official record describes him as "one of the US Army´s finest officers", and a lot more. He did a gaol sentence because of a debt which he said was because of a certain person defaulting on a promise... As I said interesting.:flowers:

Oh, I don't think Allan Starkie made up his book about Sarah. I'm sure he's an intelligent person. I've read about Sarah's relationships with Steven Wyatt and John Bryan and her problems with money, self-discipline, etc. I just think she's changed since then. Just my personal opinion! (but based on things I've seen and read.) :flowers:

Granted this article is an opinon from The Mirror but, to me, it epitomizes Fergie's life which is spotlight on Fergie which hasn't changed.
The Duchess of claptrap - mirror.co.uk

Now Sarah has done some really good work with her charities, Children in Crisis. I have read she put a lot of schools together for children in war-torn and poverty stricken countries. I just don't understand why she doesn't concentrate more on this good, meaningful work than subbing for Larry King when he's on vacation. :nonono:

Sarah seems to be putting her own self in debt by poor management just as another member has stated.Sarah is styled as duchess and helps out the less fortunate which is good too.But she needs to slow down and be more aware of what she does to avoid situations that will embrass her in the end.

On April 8, Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, attended a
signing event at a Neiman Marcus in Fort Worth, Texas. The
first of the two pics is a really nice shot!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And a few days ago, on May 5, Sarah was a guest speaker at
the Power of the Purse luncheon at the Greenville Convention
Center, NC, USA.

Here's a short video of that:

** Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson in Greenville **

That first picture is portrait-worthy! Thank you for posting, iceflower.:flowers:

A television presenter has launched a legal claim against the Duchess of York for nearly £20,000 over her failed attempt to ban a book they worked on together.
Now Fergie is sued for £20k over bid to ban orphans book | Mail Online

Within minutes, Fergie has bought the chair to give to a friend as a present. The price: a mere £1,300. Yes, this is the same Fergie who is facing financial meltdown.
Put down the gold card! She's homeless and on the brink of financial meltdown. There's just one more problem...Fergie can't stop spending | Mail Online

Again, how many bio's have you read on both subjects?

I have read a lot of books about them both. Perhaps I have read all the books that I could find! But every book is different. And I do not believe much in books. Its important what you sea! I see those women in pictures and Sarah was always happy but Diana was so often unhappy!
Other topic. I was looking foward to see the Duchess of York at the Formula 1. My husband and I were there, it was amazing. but I got disappointed because they said that the Duchess of York was not there. True?

Greetings to you all.

I have read a lot of books about them both. Perhaps I have read all the books that I could find! But every book is different. And I do not believe much in books. Its important what you see.
I rather think it's important to give credibility to those who were there and reported it as such, i.e. Alan Starkie.

Don't forget this telling quote from Queen Mary:

"You are a member of the British royal family. We are never tired, and we all love hospitals."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom