Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 14: February-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 17.9.2009

Dutchess of York Sarah Ferguson attends the Fifth Avenue Global
Flagship Opening celebration at Tommy Hilfiger Fifth Avenue on
September 17, 2009 in New York City. The ladies on the second
pic are Ally and Elizabeth Hilfiger.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio **

Sarah looks amazing!:previous:
She is shining, the dress is wonderful, deep blue, shows her blue eyes!
Well done!
Thank you very much for the photos, Iceflower!:flowers:

The Duchess of York has a compassionate personality and a beaming smile.

The Duchess of York has a compassionate personality and a beaming smile.

I agree with your opinion of her beaming smile, but I can´t see how from her face you can see she is compassionate.

I agree with your opinion of her beaming smile, but I can´t see how from her face you can see she is compassionate.

I didn't mean to imply that I can see she's compassionate from her face but I do think she is.

:flowers: Sorry, I didn´t mean to nitpick. I believe she is well meaning it is just that nearly everytime she does something it seems to backfire on her and underneath I think the reason for this is that, as I have said before, she just doesn´t think things through, and somehow I don´t think she ever will.

I would almost feel sorry for her......

but since the day she was pictured having her toes sucked by some texan millionaire sitting next to a pool in the South of France , while being married to Andrew, yes she does not think and I suddenly realize, there was a lack of intergrity there too.

:flowers: Sorry, I didn´t mean to nitpick. I believe she is
well meaning it is just that nearly everytime she does something it seems to backfire on her
and underneath I think the reason for this is that, as I have said before,
she just doesn´t think things through,
and somehow I don´t think she ever will.

:previous:

That was definitely an occasion she didn´t think things through.....:D

Sarah looks amazing!:previous:
She is shining, the dress is wonderful, deep blue, shows her blue eyes!
Well done!
Thank you very much for the photos, Iceflower!:flowers:

I love the colour of Sarah's dress. It looks great on her. I don't mind Sarah in black, but she should wear black less often and blue more, IMO.

I would almost feel sorry for her......

but since the day she was pictured having her toes sucked by some texan millionaire sitting next to a pool in the South of France , while being married to Andrew, yes she does not think and I suddenly realize, there was a lack of intergrity there too.
How many years ago did this faux pas occur? How long do we expect her to somehow do penance?

OK, Perhaps it wasn't the most well-thought out trip to Turkey but I believe her motives were praiseworthy but the execution lacked something in diplomacy.

As to Princesses Beatice and Eugenie? Everyone seems to be talking about them as if they are inanimate objects! Sarah's property, Andrew's property, the Queen's property? But they are adults and throughout their many travels I think we can reasonablly surmise that they have their grandmother's permission to do so. That being the case, what is the problem?

It seems to me that Turkey has objected to the documentary because it is embarassed. They would have done better to keep their silence and spend more money on the orphans rather that cause a public stauche that only brings more bad publicity to the deficiencies in their childcare.

it was something I suddenly remembered. I think it wise to forgive (but not forget). After a while a pattern emerges.

Last edited by a moderator:
This incident unfortunately is not easy to forget and it still has its repercussions, she lost a lot of credibility and it cost her her marriage and title.
As far as Turkey is concerned if Sarah has had an effect on the conditions there, then bravo Sarah.
As far as HM approving of her granddaughter doing this trip I have doubts especially as it was said at the time to embarass HM´s government.

thanks for the pics Iceflower. Loving the dress and how beautiful the Duchess looks. X

This incident unfortunately is not easy to forget and it still has its repercussions, she lost a lot of credibility and it cost her her marriage and title.
As far as Turkey is concerned if Sarah has had an effect on the conditions there, then bravo Sarah.
As far as HM approving of her granddaughter doing this trip I have doubts especially as it was said at the time to embarass HM´s government.
And that's what I worry about. She keeps making these forays into charity work and they turn out wrong. Can she hire somebody to help guide her?

I think that Sarah looks really wonderful, but I don't care for the dress on her. It seems to me that Sarah has never done ruffles very well. But overall, she does look great.:)

thanks for the pics Iceflower. Loving the dress and how beautiful the Duchess looks. X

If she did hire someone to guide her, would she take their advice? I get the impression that Sarah's going to do what Sarah's going to do, that she "leads from the heart." :ermm:

And that's what I worry about. She keeps making these forays into charity work and they turn out wrong. Can she hire somebody to help guide her?

You are most welcome :flowers: Another event at the film
festival:

Sarah Ferguson poses for a photo as she promotes her new
film 'The Young Victoria' at the Toronto Film Festival on Friday,
Sept. 18, 2009. In the evening she launched a new foundation,
pics can be found here :
Sarah Duchess of York Charities and Patronages

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Whatever she's been doing with her hair lately, she looks great.:flowers:

I'm happy to see her in more colors and prints lately. Makes her look sunnier and brighter, I think!

Pics 19.9.2009

More colours from yesterday :) All three ladies looked
great again and their dresses were matching. More and
more I feel that they look more than three good friends
than like mother and daughters :)

Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York with Princesses Eugenie and
Beatrice of York attend the 'The Young Victoria' Premiere held at
Roy Thomson Hall during the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival
on September 19, 2009 in Toronto, Canada.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 **

** belga/wenn gallery **

Sarah Ferguson is out in the cold once again after a fresh snub from the Royal Family.

Although her daughters are currently holidaying with the Queen at Balmoral, the 49-year-old Duchess of York has been excluded.
Just 12 months ago it all seemed so different. After years of being persona non grata Fergie was seen as back in Royal favour when she and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie accepted a personal invitation from the Queen to stay for a week at the Scottish estate

Read more: Royals put loose cannon Fergie back in the freezer as they exclude her from Balmoral holiday | Mail Online

Sarah Ferguson is out in the cold once again after a fresh snub from the Royal Family.

Although her daughters are currently holidaying with the Queen at Balmoral, the 49-year-old Duchess of York has been excluded.
Just 12 months ago it all seemed so different. After years of being persona non grata Fergie was seen as back in Royal favour when she and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie accepted a personal invitation from the Queen to stay for a week at the Scottish estate

Read more: Royals put loose cannon Fergie back in the freezer as they exclude her from Balmoral holiday | Mail Online

Hmm 'currently holidaying with the Queen at Balmoral' perhaps Katie Nicholl needs to read the Royal Forums to see that Beatrice and Eugenie are currently in Canada with their mother!

:lol: I love the title best of all:
"Royals put loose cannon Fergie back in the freezer"

Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York with Princesses Eugenie and
Beatrice of York attend the 'The Young Victoria' Premiere held at
Roy Thomson Hall during the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival
on September 19, 2009 in Toronto, Canada.
I was there and saw them! What the pics don`t show is that Eugenie`s dress was partly backless.

Sarah is very tall when you see her in person. That was probably what surprised me most about seeing the three of them in "real life". The princesses looked like I thought they did, but when Sarah came on stage and stood next to the male producers I noticed that she was almost as tall as them. I was standing near Graham King (producer) afterwards and he is tall even for a man, so even if Sarah was wearing quite high heels she is clearly a tall woman.

The other thing I noticed about Sarah is how extremely composed she was. I think of her as being very energetic and helter-skelter, and I`m sure she can be, but I thought she actually had a rather regal "presence" both onstage and when I saw her afterwards. She is not only tall, but broad-shouldered and big-boned and she has an intense kind of focus about her (no exaggerated mannerisms or fidgeting that I saw), which I think would make her stand out in a crowd even without the ex-royal status. (Beatrice in contrast actually looks very slight and slim. I think she has lost weight.)

I thought it was funny when I saw the Daily Mail article about Beatrice and Eugenie being at Balmoral. They were clearly in Toronto, which is also why Sarah wasn`t at Balmoral.

Obviously I saw The Young Victoria, and if I can find a thread about the film I will post my thoughts there. Here I`ll just say that I thought the movie was beautifully crafted, but people who aren`t interested in the royal family might find it bland because it does not have much of a dramatic plot. It does show very clearly, though, how a young Victoria would have struggled to balance her personal life with her political role in an era when monarchs still had some degree of political power. The love story between Victoria and Albert is subtle and not at all Hollywood-ised (Sarah said she wanted to avoid that at all costs), but their relationship is certainly portrayed as a genuine romance. The film made me want to read about Victoria and Albert`s early years again--I really enjoyed the movie.

I allways had sympathy for Sarah, but I for my taste she's one of the most unregal appearances I've ever seen. Enfant terrible in fashion and allways a bit awkward in behaviour. I once read a biography about her majesty and there was this sentence: what would Queen Mary have thought about the woman her greatgrandsons married??? :nonono: :lol:

I allways had sympathy for Sarah, but I for my taste she's one of the most unregal appearances I've ever seen. Enfant terrible in fashion and allways a bit awkward in behaviour. I once read a biography about her majesty and there was this sentence: what would Queen Mary have thought about the woman her greatgrandsons married??? :nonono: :lol:

I'm not always a fan of Sarah's fashion and I do think she can be awkward, but I also think she can "get it right" at times. I was expecting her to come across as a bit ungainly and scattered, but I think Sarah must have learned over the years how to conduct herself on a public stage, because when I saw her last night she looked elegant and carried herself very well (IMO, of course).

I believe you. As I said I like Sarah and I think she can look and behave very nice but she never fitted in the british royal family in my opinion. She would have made a good socialite or something else.

Thank you for the review of the evening, rmay286. Beatrice seems to be more "girlie" than Eugenie. It's interesting how tall Sarah appears. I seem to remember that she's 5'6" or 5'7"; but with today's stilletos, she could appear to be 5'10" or so.

Sarah is very tall when you see her in person. That was probably what surprised me most about seeing the three of them in "real life". The princesses looked like I thought they did, but when Sarah came on stage and stood next to the male producers I noticed that she was almost as tall as them. I was standing near Graham King (producer) afterwards and he is tall even for a man, so even if Sarah was wearing quite high heels she is clearly a tall woman.

The other thing I noticed about Sarah is how extremely composed she was. I think of her as being very energetic and helter-skelter, and I`m sure she can be, but I thought she actually had a rather regal "presence" both onstage and when I saw her afterwards. She is not only tall, but broad-shouldered and big-boned and she has an intense kind of focus about her (no exaggerated mannerisms or fidgeting that I saw), which I think would make her stand out in a crowd even without the ex-royal status. (Beatrice in contrast actually looks very slight and slim. I think she has lost weight.)

Hmm 'currently holidaying with the Queen at Balmoral' perhaps Katie Nicholl needs to read the Royal Forums to see that Beatrice and Eugenie are currently in Canada with their mother!

Quite right!
It seems Sarah is being overly targeted by the Daily Mail of late. There are few occasions when anything positive is said about her. I'd disregard this latest story anyway- all full of "sources" and "insiders", as if they needed a story for a slow news day!
Besides this story arises every year, point is though she is under no obligation to have to holiday with her ex's family, or expect an invitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom