Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 14: February-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's not one of those heavily air-brushed photo. While the Duchess looked great, she does seem very different from the Queen Victoria film premiere.

Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York appears on 'The Alan
Titchmarsh Show'. Shown on ITV1 England - 06.04.09

-----> Pic

It's the same shade of green as the "lettuce" dress!:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: I agree. That is a nasty article. But Fergie does look like she's been sleeping in it after a B&S Ball*.:ROFLMAO: I'm not surprised that the other woman wasn't pleased to see how her expensive new purchase is capable of looking after a bit of wear and tear.

*For explanation of this piece of Australian culture see: Bachelor and Spinster Ball - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York addresses the audience at the 2009 Montreal Millennium Summit Montreal, Canada - 16.04.09
WENN
WENN
WENN

One thing you can't say about Sarah is that she isn't passionate. :)

Someone here on the forum once posted a lovely picture of Sarah with a short haircut. I wish I could find it again so that I can send it to her and "recommend" to her that she should cut her hair this way again. It was much softer and "fitting" to her face.
I think that would keep her from looking so frumpy the majority of the time and give her a more polished and professional image. Right now it looks as if she just rolls out of bed and tosses on whatever is closest.
I know that if I was paying her to make an appearance or do a speech at my company, and she showed up lookimg the way she did in the above pictures, I would be extremely disappointed and hoped that whatever she had to say was really very good to make up for her professional appearance. But that is JMO.

Sesa, I Googled as much as I could and couldn't find it. Then I remembered at the bottom of Peter Kurth's article on Sarah is a picture of her with her tresses cropped.
Here is the article.
FERGIE: Right Royal Fuss

Someone here on the forum once posted a lovely picture of Sarah with a short haircut. I wish I could find it again so that I can send it to her and "recommend" to her that she should cut her hair this way again. It was much softer and "fitting" to her face.
I think that would keep her from looking so frumpy the majority of the time and give her a more polished and professional image. Right now it looks as if she just rolls out of bed and tosses on whatever is closest.
I know that if I was paying her to make an appearance or do a speech at my company, and she showed up lookimg the way she did in the above pictures, I would be extremely disappointed and hoped that whatever she had to say was really very good to make up for her professional appearance. But that is JMO.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=548941&postcount=21 Was it this one?

THANK YOU Avicenna! (and thank you russophile!) That is exactely the one! She looks so beautiful, which is hard for me to say about her, but in that picture, with that hair, and the color of her dress, she is beautiful. I know she was much younger there, but her hair just really makes her shine.
Her hair now, just makes her look unpolished and frumpy, even when she does make an attempt to have it styled.
Thank you both for taking the time to find the one that I was thinking of!!!:flowers:

No problem! Thanks for the untagged pics from Zimbio. I hadn't even thought to check there.

You're welcome :flowers:

Here are some nice pics from March, I haven't seen posted
before:
Sarah, Duchess of York, leaving the GMTV studios, London,
March 18, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I think these are three of the nicest pics I have seen lately of Sarah. She is dressed smartly, skirt length is perfect and I like the flowing scarf! I also like the pop of color with her clutch! :flowers:

I like Sarah with the scarf and I agree the skirt length is perfect, the other photos were far too revealing, and unfortunately they were revealing a not so perfect figure.
She looks so much better with a bit more covering her.

Sarah's dress in that photo errs on the revealing side, and true, she doesn't have a perfect figure, but I think her skin looks smooth and youthful in that second pic and I like the way her hair is loosely curled. :)

Obviously Sarah feels some empathy for the working class and probably the money she gets from doing this show will come in handy.
As always I read the comments from the Mail readers underneath the article.

Those comments are practically beyond the pale. The name-calling, the hyperbole...

People are free to have their opinions of Sarah, but some of those commenters seem to heap abuse on Sarah (and Beatrice/Eugenie/Andrew) just because they have nothing better to do.

I find that a lot of the comments about members of the Royal Family are almost the same. Just the names in the comments change.:rolleyes:

Those comments are practically beyond the pale. The name-calling, the hyperbole...

People are free to have their opinions of Sarah, but some of those commenters seem to heap abuse on Sarah (and Beatrice/Eugenie/Andrew) just because they have nothing better to do.

Obviously Sarah feels some empathy for the working class and probably the money she gets from doing this show will come in handy.

Totally agree with you about Sarah, Duchess of York.:rolleyes::);)

I find that a lot of the comments about members of the Royal Family are almost the same. Just the names in the comments change.:rolleyes:

That's true, and I've seen many really nasty comments about most members of the royal family (really everyone apart from the Queen), but these comments struck me as particularly mean-spirited, like: "near-imbecile" and blaming Sarah for her "freeloading over weight drunken daughters".

If people can't stand Sarah, they can't stand Sarah, but at least they could have kept the name-calling to Sarah and left their feelings about Beatrice and Eugenie for another comment! Then again, I'm starting to realize how true it is that some people (often those who are least informed: "Ms. York"? really?!) tar all the royals with the same brush.

I think the important part of these comments is that they are mainly made by people living in the UK, so it gives an insight to what people, from mainly the working class, are thinking and they are the majority of the population. They make these comments because the probably feel resentful and should be thought of and indicators and not just shrugged off as York bashing and being mean spirited.
These people pay taxes and perhaps they are not very articulate but they are expressing perhaps what they feel.

-----but these comments struck me as particularly mean-spirited, like: "near-imbecile" and blaming Sarah for her "freeloading over weight drunken daughters".

If people can't stand Sarah, they can't stand Sarah, but at least they could have kept the name-calling to Sarah and left their feelings about Beatrice and Eugenie for another comment! Then again, I'm starting to realize how true it is that some people (often those who are least informed: "Ms. York"? really?!) tar all the royals with the same brush.
The comment section is open to everyone and although I am sure the Mail has indulged in it's normal moderating style, most of the comments reflect the opinion of members of the UK.

Calling her Ms York is sarcasm not lack of information.

I think the important part of these comments is that they are mainly made by people living in the UK, so it gives an insight to what people, from mainly the working class, are thinking and they are the majority of the population. They make these comments because the probably feel resentful and should be thought of and indicators and not just shrugged off as York bashing and being mean spirited.
These people pay taxes and perhaps they are not very articulate but they are expressing perhaps what they feel.

Actually, the comment section only reflects the opinion of people who read The Daily Mail online and are invested enough to comment. Most of these people live in the UK, but quite a few seem to live elsewhere (judging from their own self-reporting of their location).

I don't doubt that the comment section accurately reflects the opinion of these readers, but frankly, if I took online comments as an accurate representation of "the majority of the population", from some online newspapers I'd think 90% of Canada's population loathed the prime minister (even right after his re-election)...which clearly can't be the case.

People who bash the royals have every right to express their opinion, but it doesn't mean they don't come across as really nasty and petty.

The comments reflect the opinion of the Daily Mail readers who are mainly working class and they do reflect what the working class think of the Duchess of York which probably doesn´t reach the other side of the world, there is not only the Daily Mail that caters for them there are other newspapers in the UK and on the whole the people that she is aiming to help - the working class - do not seem to be so appreciative of her as perhaps she would be if she limited herself to the American continent, in fact she is very popular there for some reason and it might be a good idea for her to concentrate her efforts there instead of trying to teach the working class of Britain to live with limited means, something that she doesn´t seem to be an expert at.
Perhaps the people who like her think that any criticism is nasty and petty, but in the UK she does not have the following she seems to have abroad, especially when she condescends to teach hard working people to live on very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom