The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mmmmmhhhh Money troubles run thruough all in these tough global economic times- hate to see that in any case. I do like however, how Sarah and Andrew seem to get along so well even after the divorce, which is rare rather than the norm these days!

Old 10-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

A lot of very hardworking people have lost their businesses and homes in the last year or two. There's nothing to be ashamed of there.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

True, she no longer employs a flunkie to collect, print and send out photographs to her friends: a glorified stamp licker, if you like.

Nor does the Duchess of York need to retain her own dresser and butler; there are more domestic staff at Royal Lodge than even Fergie could shake a stick at.

(She has been staying at the 30-room residence in Windsor Great Park as a permanent guest of Prince Andrew since February last year.)
Old 10-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I didnīt say that Warren, donīt put words into my mouth.
No, but the inference was clear enough.
Maybe it would be better if you state exactly what you mean in the first place rather than explaining it after you have been challenged to back it up.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
A lot of very hardworking people have lost their businesses and homes in the last year or two. There's nothing to be ashamed of there.
This is very true. The real question is: If one is down, will they get back up. We have seen Sarah get back up over more damaging things so I expect her to dust herself off and begin again. . .
Old 10-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
No, but the inference was clear enough.
Maybe it would be better if you state exactly what you mean in the first place rather than explaining it after you have been challenged to back it up.
It is a very bad habit to always think the worse of people Warren, you should try and see the good in people.
Actually I think my English is quite clear, and if someone infers wrongly well that is not my fault. Sarah is indeed very very lucky to have someone who supports her so strongly as her ex husband does.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:01 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
... you should try and see the good in people...
Ah, but as long-term moderator of this and other forums one gets a very good insight into the attitudes of various members towards the subjects under discussion.

To make a general observation: those members who enjoy posting negative or snarky comments in any of the Diana, Camilla, POW, Beatrice, Sarah, Kate Middleton, Letizia, Mary, Marie Chantal, Lalla Salma, Queen Rania, Princess Haya, Charlene Wittstock, etc threads can usually be counted on to be quite consistent and determined in their negativism.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:19 AM
Courtier

Perhaps someone being a moderator of so many forums, making almost a career of it, makes for being cynical. Generally speaking, of course.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Anything anyone says can be misinterpreted by other posters and moderators alike. Whilst someone might be playing devils advocate or speaking with a wry tone to their post, some will see it as biased or just plain bitchy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
There is everything to be ashamed of if it is through spending more than you knew you would have coming in and there is no comparison between Sarah and genuine hard working people.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Majesty

As does someone who visits any of the forums regularly. It doesn't take long to pick up on who is/isn't various posters' favourites and least favourites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Ah, but as long-term moderator of this and other forums one gets a very good insight into the attitudes of various members towards the subjects under discussion.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
As does someone who visits any of the forums regularly. It doesn't take long to pick up on who is/isn't various posters' favourites and least favourites.
Does that mean you think everyone should be neutral Mermaid?
In my case it has nothing to do with favourites, liking or disliking anyone, it is more a case of approving or disapproving, which I suppose/hope is permitted.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic...the current events thread of Sarah, Duchess of York.

As previously stated, The Royal Forums is a discussion forum and we encourage all discussion as long as it follows the rules.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the British mods and/or TRF administrators via PM.

Thanks!

Zonk

British Forums Moderator

Old 10-09-2009, 02:03 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I think Sarah means well in setting up her charities, but she strikes me as the type of person, who, when she gets an idea, proceeds headlong into a project before working out the fine details that go into it. I also get the feeling that she prefers to let other people take care of the running of the business either because she doesn't want to be bothered by the details and doesn't care to know because she trusts everything will be handled properly. I feel that she's bit off much more than she can chew and now she's in too deep. I think she's hoping the movie will save her also and that's not wise.
I admired Sarah for rising up out of her financial troubles the first time, but a second time, no.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Isn't her birthday coming up??
Old 10-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Majesty

No, of course not. I was just making an observation. I certainly have my own likes and dislikes.

Quote:
Does that mean you think everyone should be neutral Mermaid?
In my case it has nothing to do with favourites, liking or disliking anyone, it is more a case of approving or disapproving, which I suppose/hope is permitted.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:36 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I believe her birthday is Oct. 15th so it's close.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:03 AM
Nobility

Interesting article about Mrs. Sarah Ferguson and her problems with debts and money:

http://www.elmundo.es/papel/2009/10/10/laotracronica/19688680.html
Old 10-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Frank.
It was a little difficult to read the translation, though, one could get the gist of it.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:44 AM
Heir Apparent

The article is quite interesting.

Fergie loses battle to block book that landed her in diplomatic row | Mail Online (10/10/2009).
Old 10-11-2009, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Pics 10.10.2009

Back in green:

Sarah, Duchess of York, attends the ACLT Gift of Life Ball at
Altitude 360, Millbank Tower, London, England, October 10, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **