The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Administrator

It appears Sarah is in the process of closing a film deal. I don't think I have heard of these books.

Fergie hits jackpot with film deal | Mail Online

Old 09-29-2009, 12:00 AM
Nobility

I never much liked Budgie, mind you I was about 20 when I read one out of curiosity. Anyway once again Fergie strikes back. I do love her, she's like a cat with nine lives. Wish I had half her luck

Old 09-29-2009, 05:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
It appears Sarah is in the process of closing a film deal. I don't think I have heard of these books.

The link is not working for me.

It was taken down for some reason but is now back along with this story -

Duchess sell Little Red film rights

Sarah, Duchess of York, has sold the film rights to her Little Red children's books to a major US movie company.
The deal, which is reported to be potentially worth millions, will boost the Duchess's finances just weeks after she was threatened with court action over unpaid bills

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090929...s-6323e80.html
Old 09-30-2009, 01:23 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Sarah sold the film rights of her books, however, sometimes it's a long time before an actual film is made, or perhaps the actual film never even materializes. This happens a lot.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

Little Red has been around for a while. Maybe not so much in the states. But I remember when she first came out with it.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Sarah Ferguson: 'I need a new man. Know any good dating agencies?' | Mail Online (2/10/2009).
Old 10-03-2009, 04:41 AM
Courtier

Thanks for the link, queenofthelight!
Another tell-all from Sarah. Why, why can't she just keep a dignified silence? Why re-telling the same old stories for like 199999th time?
Old 10-03-2009, 04:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
This rag mag just doesn't gave up. It publishes a rehash of Sarah's old incidents once a weekend under a fresh title just to keep it fresh in people's mind. There is no excuse for this type of journalism. They should be tarred and feathered.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:06 AM
Courtier

I agree with you in general terms: re-telling those old stories was unnecessary and I just skipped through that bit. But Sarah did give an interview, at least, it appears to be so. I mean all those ‘difficult person’ hints (anyone wants to make a guess who that might be?) or the Diana stories…

I love Sarah, she has done a great job with her life since her divorce, she’s a wonderful mother and I respect the way she and Andrew handled their divorce. But why can’t she just stop telling the details of her life as a member of the Royal Family?
Old 10-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post

I agree with you in general terms: re-telling those old stories was unnecessary and I just skipped through that bit. But Sarah did give an interview, at least, it appears to be so. I mean all those ‘difficult person’ hints (anyone wants to make a guess who that might be?) or the Diana stories…
I agree that Sarah does retell the same stories of her life in the royal family again and again and I agree that she did give an interview...

...but not to the Daily Mail! Check out this link and see if anything in the interview looks familiar. A chat with Duchess Fergie - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos (It's interesting that this interview is credited, while the other interview is just attributed to "Daily Mail Reporter"!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
This rag mag just doesn't gave up. It publishes a rehash of Sarah's old incidents once a weekend under a fresh title just to keep it fresh in people's mind. There is no excuse for this type of journalism. They should be tarred and feathered.
I think that is exactly what they are doing. It looks like they took the transcript of an interview someone else had done with Sarah, and added a lot of commentary of their own to make it look like an exclusive tell-all about Sarah's life!
Old 10-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Courtier

Revealed: Duchess of York's US firm collapses with $1m debts - Telegraph
Old 10-04-2009, 05:47 AM
Courtier

What is really revealled is that Sarah is hopeless with money. Just as well she has Prince Andrew to fall back on when she is in debt, no wonder she still lives under his roof.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
What is really revealled is that Sarah is hopeless with money. Just as well she has Prince Andrew to fall back on when she is in debt, no wonder she still lives under his roof.
Well, even Andrew has a limit to his patience, I think.
Maybe she can take some classes. I have 1 son who is like what I see happening to Sarah, they don't save they constantly say, "I need to make MORE money" instead of working efficiently with what they have. And the other one is a saver and can live on quite less. Even though the elder one--I am confident-- will make scads of money in his life time, I will be a nice bottle of Merlot the younger will retire in a much better and wealthier position. . .
Old 10-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Courtier

It is against the law to continue to run a company when that company has gone into debt. There has been a few high profile examples lately, I wonder if Sarah will end up in jail.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
It is against the law to continue to run a company when that company has gone into debt. There has been a few high profile examples lately, I wonder if Sarah will end up in jail.

Since when has it been against the law, in Australia?

Almost every business I know has gone into debt at some stage or other - including the school where I work which is incorporated - every month we are in debt until certain payments are made but we certainly don't breach any law by continuing to do business. It certainly happens with a lot of small businesses due to waiting for bills to be paid before being able to pay out their own expenses and thus they are in debt.

Also just because something is illegal in Australia doesn't mean that it is illegal in other countries and each country will need to have its own laws on this issue.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:07 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
It is against the law to continue to run a company when that company has gone into debt.
I think you mean 'insolvent' rather than 'in debt'. Every company has debts, as does anyone who uses a credit card or has a mortgage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria
Just as well she has Prince Andrew to fall back on when she is in debt
Do you have any evidence to show that Prince Andrew has paid off debts incurred by Sarah Ferguson in the past?
Old 10-05-2009, 06:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

She denied she was in financial strife after being taken to court over unpaid bills.
But more questions have been raised about the Duchess of York's finances after her U.S. business closed with debts of more than $1million (Ģ630,000).
Hartmoor LLC, set up by Sarah Ferguson in 2006, was closed after two years' trading.
'Sarah is facing the same problems as many other people are the current economic climate,' a source close to the duchess told the Daily Mail

Read more: Fergie's Manhattan firm goes bust with million-dollar debts | Mail Online
Old 10-05-2009, 07:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
I think you mean 'insolvent' rather than 'in debt'. Every company has debts, as does anyone who uses a credit card or has a mortgage.

Do you have any evidence to show that Prince Andrew has paid off debts incurred by Sarah Ferguson in the past?

I didnīt say that Warren, donīt put words into my mouth. I said she is lucky to have Prince Andrew to fall back on, that is when she needs a roof over head or moral support, there are not many ex husbands who are so good to their ex wives, especially cheating ones.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Let's stay away from the cheating comments. We all know what happened in the early 1990's....its now 2009. Time to move on.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of York will 'bounce back' from collapse of US business - hellomagazine.com (5/10/2009).