Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 14: February-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder where did the Daily Mail get the idea Sarah was planning 'elaborate bash': did they talk to any of the 300 hundred people who were supposed to have been invited? Or did they have a very slow news day and decided to spice things up by having another go at their favourite victim - Sarah? :ermm:

Thanks for posting the link, lumutqueen! :flowers:

Ohh, the Daily Mail. :whistling: Today I was just rereading Sarah's autobiography My Story and came across a part where she described how the different newspapers portrayed her back in the early 1990s. She singled out the Daily Mail as "far and away the most insidious," and itt looks like things haven't changed...

At least a month or two ago, I saw an interview with Sarah in which she said that she hadn't made any plans for a 50th birthday party. I also wonder where the Mail got that 300-guest figure.

What the Mail does just bothers me because I've done some writing for a newspaper, and I want to make a career out of it eventually, but I can't stand bad journalism like this. The more I fact-check elsewhere about Sarah, Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie, the more I realize how much the Daily Mail distorts and outright fabricates information about them. Just last month there was that article about how Beatrice and Eugenie were at Balmoral but Sarah was excluded...when actually all three of them were in Toronto! (and I'd even just seen them there!) Last year, the paper had an article about how Beatrice and Eugenie didn't want Sarah to remarry anyone (I think that was the headline) and just recently I saw a YouTube video of Sarah giving that very interview. What she said in the interview was similar to what the Mail quoted, but they had left out a few key words. According to Sarah in the video, the girls had said Sarah and Andrew "were cool the way they are" and didn't need to remarry each other. The Daily Mail changed it to "Beatrice and Eugenie don't want me to remarry" and of course there were all kinds of outraged quotes about "how selfish" Beatrice and Eugenie were for preventing their mom from remarrying!

The Daily Mail almost stoops to the level of a tabloid...but not quite...But the fact that they still make an attempt at actual journalism almost makes it worse in my mind.

The front cover of the Point de Vue this week has Sarah with the girls and a big caption that she is financially ruined. Her Company that was established in NYC 2 years ago closed and left about One million dollars in debt. These are facts crossed with other sources of information, so I suppose they know more about it.
It is a sad state of affaires, some can be blamed on the economy and the market and some in bad judgement and management. All the papers cannot be wrong about this.

Pics 14.10.2009

Sarah Ferguson and daughter Princess Eugenie leaving the
Dorchester Hotel, London, Britain - 14 Oct 2009. Maybe a
pre-birthday dinner.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Goodness!! Forget the contents of the article look at the first picture...Sarah looks as if she's guzzled a bottle full of...take your pick...she's stoned to the eyes but I'm sure she's not...she's merely having a good laugh. I can read the intention of choosing this horrible one for this particular article out of myriads of Sarah's pics.

Poor Sarah....why must she so often provide causes to pick on her....

Sarah Ferguson and daughter Princess Eugenie leaving the
Dorchester Hotel, London, Britain - 14 Oct 2009. Maybe a
pre-birthday dinner.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Thankyou Iceflower.
I imagine it was a pre-birthday dinner, a nice time allowing Mum and daughter to spend some one on one time together. I guess with Eugenie being further up north with her University studies seeing each other won't be as frequent during semester time. How annoying it must be for them to have the press waiting outside and having cameras shoved in their faces when I bet all they want is for the occasion to be private!

Well if 50 is the new 40, Sarah has more than another lifetime to get it right.
Happy Birthday Duchess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom