Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 13: October 2008-February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Sarah did gain weight. But contrary to public opinion, women don't always gain weight after childbirth but rather they Lose weight! As for her style, I don't think she ever got that right....impo. :(

I never thought all of the criticism about Sarah's weight (and now Beatrice's weight) was warranted, especially in comparison to an "ideal" Diana figure. I mean, we all learned later that Diana was dealing with eating disorders. Add in the fact that Sarah and Bea's body types are far different from Diana's -- and the fact that women come in all shapes and sizes -- and it's really all a shame.

I never thought all of the criticism about Sarah's weight (and now Beatrice's weight) was warranted, especially in comparison to an "ideal" Diana figure. I mean, we all learned later that Diana was dealing with eating disorders. Add in the fact that Sarah and Bea's body types are far different from Diana's -- and the fact that women come in all shapes and sizes -- and it's really all a shame.

In my opinion Diana never had an ideal figure. She looked good in all her clothes but she was very square with hardly any waist, but her figure seemed to show off her clothes very well and she had a great fashion sense, at least after her marriage, before she hadn´t quite found herself fashionwise.
Poor Sarah when compared to her looked quite dumpy and she never had any fashion sense at all but I agree that the photographers took advantage of this and she was always, or almost always shown to a disadvantage.

In my opinion Diana never had an ideal figure.

That's not my opinion, either; that's why I put the quotations around it. I don't actually think there is an ideal figure for women. But the press were essentially presenting Diana's figure as such.

I know this isn't the Sarah thread but comments on Sarah's physical appearance seem to be repeating themselves w Pss B. Let me just say tha Sarah may not have been considered stylish (I agree, that is totally a matter of personal taste) but while she did have her periods of being overweight, she also lost alot of that weight and did look healthy and trim. Maybe not Model thin, but remember ladies, models are Not Realistic body types. While a tiny fraction of the population is lucky enough to be naturally thin and doesn't have to worry about gaining weight, the Majority of us aren't so fortunate. Holding oursleves, our friends, co-workers, children, and women-in-general up to the "ideals" shoved down our throats by fashion designers who work mainly with Mannequins, only sets every women up for failure.

Sarah was quite slim during the early part of the courtship and marriage. She, like many women, gained weight after childbirth. The stylish part is a matter of personal opinion.
Oh no, she was always very full figured, which endeared her to everybody because not everybody is a perfect size 6 or 4 or 5 or what have you.

:previous:
Well endowed are the words I associate with Sarah. As you say nothing wrong with that.

Does anybody know if Sarah is still seeing Geir Frantzen, the Norweigen who owns the UK operation of Findus frozen foods? Saw in the press recently that the business was now in administration.

Don't we have an article a couple pages back saying Sarah was "looking" and what she wanted in a man now that she was single??

And what about her daughters telling Mummy that they didn't want her to marry again? They wanted her to stay just as she is??

Does anybody know if Sarah is still seeing Geir Frantzen, the Norweigen who owns the UK operation of Findus frozen foods? Saw in the press recently that the business was now in administration.
I thought that was over a while ago.

I wonder how the state of the world economy has affected Sarah's business ventures; she seems to be keeping a rather low profile as of late.

I wonder how the state of the world economy has affected Sarah's business ventures; she seems to be keeping a rather low profile as of late.

She can always find another book to write.

Pics 11.2.2009

At least they still go out with each other ;)

Sarah Ferguson and Geir Frantzen, pictured leaving the China Tang
restaurant in London at around midnight. London, February 11, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I have removed the latest round of defamatory posts.
Stating on a publicly-accessable internet forum that someone is "bankrupt", without any evidence whatsoever, leaves the Forums open to legal action.

Members who persist in this type of posting will face consequences in order to protect the Forums from their irresponsible behaviour.

Warren
Administrator

As a rider to the above, and as I have explained to a correspondent, the placing of one company into administration does not make the owner bankrupt.
Again, I would ask that members be very careful what they post and the wording they use.

Thanks for the photos, Ice. Does anyone know how old he is? He looks considerably younger than Sarah. Or maybe he just has good Norweigan genes!

Sarah certainly looks like she's on a "date": she put her makeup on.;)

At least they still go out with each other ;)

Sarah Ferguson and Geir Frantzen, pictured leaving the China Tang
restaurant in London at around midnight. London, February 11, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Didn't Sarah say some months back that their relationship was over? I thought he had a long-term live-in girlfriend in Norway.

Didn't Sarah say some months back that their relationship was over? I thought he had a long-term live-in girlfriend in Norway.

According to this article from last October, you're right: she says they're not dating because he already has a girlfriend.

He is quite handsome in those new pictures, though, so I wouldn't blame Sarah for wanting to gaze at him across a dinner table. :lol:

Yep, Geir Franzen is a few years younger than Sarah. I believe he's in his early forties, but my memory could be wrong. I've also read that he has a partner/girlfriend of quite a few years, so presumably, he and Sarah are "just friends."

According to this article from last October, you're right: she says they're not dating because he already has a girlfriend.

He is quite handsome in those new pictures, though, so I wouldn't blame Sarah for wanting to gaze at him across a dinner table. :lol:

I am guessing Sarah must really like Geir, for going out with him now may well entail her paying for the evening - only a guess, but the Findus UK business is in administration now. :nonono:

I am guessing Sarah must really like Geir, for going out with him now may well entail her paying for the evening - only a guess, but the Findus UK business is in administration now. :nonono:

Normally the owners of companies don't put their whole private fortune into their business - even if the company goes into administration, there should be enough left to start anew or enjoy life as a rich "pensioner". That's what Ltd. after a company's name means: that the risk is limited for the owner...

Well they did have to do something considering how badly they were exposed for the deplorable conditions. Better to make it about Sarah than to respond to the complaints of their own neglect.

There are better ways to improve conditions for the children than to alienate a government in pursuit of personal publicity! IMO.

Yes, and if my mother had wheels, she would be a wagon. We'll have to agree to disagree.

There are better ways to improve conditions for the children than to alienate a government in pursuit of personal publicity! IMO.

I believe that Sarah makes her living by being a public figure, she has to be noticed or she will sink into oblivion. Perhaps she could find another book that she can write.
Diplomacy should be left to diplomats in my opinion, they know their governments policies. Sarah is no diplomat as she has proved on inumerous occasions.

And she hasn't been noticed a lot lately; I think the state of the world economy will seriously impact her ability to make a living, if it hasn't already.

What else would she be able to do to make a living and be noticed? Any suggestions?

I think Sarah's days in the spotlight are numbered. Sure, she'll always be mentioned here and there and there will be the random photo at a restaurant or something (esp. if she's w P. Andrew) from time to time, but w P Charles and his boys becoming more of the focal point of the BRF, even the York girls will be taking a back seat and thus will Sarah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom