The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Royal Highness

I'm just relieved to see Bea in the daytime instead of coming out of some club at 2 am! I thought Sarah looked lovely, however, I am growing weary of seeing her in black tights and ballerina flats constantly. Please, Sarah, purchase some flesh toned hose and a shoe with a little bit of heel!!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I will have to agree with you on that statement, jcbcode!! I must say, however. that it was great to see the two of them having so much fun at the Park. :-)

Old 12-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Serene Highness

I've also noticed that Sarah is spending a lot of her time in the U.K. now. It's kind of funny because she used to talk about wanting to move to the U.S. permanently. I think there was even talk of Beatrice and Eugenie getting their educations there, at one point, but of course as HRHs they couldn't. But I think Sarah liked the U.S. because it gave her an opportunity to "prove" and reinvent herself. Now that she has done so, I think she is coming back to the U.K. in a new role...as speaker or humanitarian ambassador or whatever she considers herself...in hopes of being accepted there again. Actually, I think Sarah's main life goal ever since her divorce has been to gain acceptance again, both by the British media and the royal family. It's pretty obvious. So it's no real surprise that she's spending more time in Britain.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Gentry

It seems to me that she has never been able to figure out where she fits--has never been able to find her niche. Not in the RF, not as a divorced former royal working mostly in the US. Now she's back in the UK, again trying to find a place to fit.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy's mom View Post
It seems to me that she has never been able to figure out where she fits--has never been able to find her niche. Not in the RF, not as a divorced former royal working mostly in the US. Now she's back in the UK, again trying to find a place to fit.
Well said, and very true I think. I have always enjoyed Sarah's zest for life; unfortunantly, many people with that same zest often make some tumbles and bad decisions. Sarah didn't quite fit in with the royal family because she had such a gregarious personality. I think she would probably be great fun to be around unfortunantly, because of her position she wasn't really allowed to "be herself" and was probably quite often stiffled. Of course, that doesn't excuse the toe-sucking and bad spending habits, but those are other issues entirely. I think that she now looks very happy, relaxed, and is enjoying her children. I am also pleased to see them at an amusement park rather than some posh club--it looks better to the public to see them some good, old-fashioned fun.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

With the economy as it is in the US at this point there is very little chance for financial backing on any projects. Perhaps Sarah's projects have been put on hold in the US this is why she stays in the UK now.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Article from Hello
Saying her heart is open to love Fergie outlines requirements for role
Old 12-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Well that's a switch. Do you think it is quits for sure with her and Andew?
Old 12-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Who knows?? But her description of what her requirerments are certainly seem to be a carbon copy of Andrew...
Old 12-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

IMO she always comes across as needy, and that's why she makes such bad choices with men. Maybe it's time to concentrate on making a decent life for herself without needing the boyfriend.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Who knows?? But her description of what her requirerments are certainly seem to be a carbon copy of Andrew...
Doesn't it though? Hmmm. We shall see!
Old 12-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
And potentially millions of other men.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, she claims her heart is open and welcomes all comers but No matrimony. It will be interesting , to say the least.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Majesty

Yes, "needy", my thought exactly. It's like she's taken out a personal ad in front of the whole world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
IMO she always comes across as needy, and that's why she makes such bad choices with men. Maybe it's time to concentrate on making a decent life for herself without needing the boyfriend.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Courtier

How many eligible men will come forward?
Old 12-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Royal Highness

Oh dear. Just when I had begun to feel comfortable with Sarah becoming The Great Humanitarian, she goes and tells an interviewer that she would love to have a boyfriend. What a role model for her children, coming across needy and so desperate that she resorts to discussing her love life with a journalist. What does she think is going to happen? That good looking, humorous men are going to start coming out of the woodwork with knock-knock jokes and whoopie cushions? I went from being rather proud of her to now being embarassed for her. Not a good continuum, I have to admit.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Especially when her girls do Not want her to change the way things are! 'We Love the way things are, Mummy.' Sarah never fails to surprise/confuse us!
Old 12-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Oh dear. Just when I had begun to feel comfortable with Sarah becoming The Great Humanitarian, she goes and tells an interviewer that she would love to have a boyfriend. What a role model for her children, coming across needy and so desperate that she resorts to discussing her love life with a journalist. What does she think is going to happen? That good looking, humorous men are going to start coming out of the woodwork with knock-knock jokes and whoopie cushions? I went from being rather proud of her to now being embarassed for her. Not a good continuum, I have to admit.
I wouldn't say mentioning to a journalist that she wants a bf has Sarah coming across as needy and desperate. She's voicing what millions of single women say/feel every day. I think it makes her seem more human. She's always been an open book with the media and while it hasn't always worked well for her it's who she is. She's not a reserved person - tho maybe it would be better for her if she were - so this sort of comment is not surprising at all. Would I have said something personal like this if I were in her shoes, probably not. But I'm very reserved by nature. I don't think she's advertising for a bf to "come out of the woodwork." I would hope not. I think she's in an odd position and I think she's probably lonely and I think she just says what she's really thinking/feeling - but that's her.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don´t believe she meant it for a second, it was another way to get attention. I can´t imagine her giving up the title of Duchess easily, it is always something to turn back to when money seems to run through one´s fingers....
Old 12-16-2008, 09:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I don´t believe she meant it for a second, it was another way to get attention. I can´t imagine her giving up the title of Duchess easily, it is always something to turn back to when money seems to run through one´s fingers....
But she's only looking for a boyfriend not marriage. It's a very convoluted statement "IF my heart was open" begs the question "Is it or isn't it open". IMHO I don't think she really knows what she wants.

Closed Thread

Tags
fergie, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson