Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 13: October 2008-February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Click on "larger image" on the page that's linked here, and you'll see Sarah in her throw. The story about the cloak is on the page.:flowers:

Sincerely Sarah by Sarah Ferguson Luxury Throw

Has anyone seen Sarah's velvet cloak in the new Avon catalogue? Someone said they saw her pic somewhere (I can't seem to find anything) and that she made reference to a relative being given a cloak for loyalty to the The Crown - years ago - and now she is selling or endorsing some sort of throw through Avon. I'm sure one of you can track this down - if it's indeed true. Thanks.

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, attends the landmark Grand Opening of Atlantis, The Palm Resort, and the Palm Jumeirah on November 20, 2008 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Zimbio Sarah with Sol Kerzner (the owner of the Atlantis) and Heather Kerzner
Zimbio
Zimbio
Sarah with Richard Branson and Richard Branson
Zimbio

Zimbio gallery

Too bad Sarah doesn't do something else with her hair as it is really getting very thin and straggly. Maybe a good cut and something with abit more style to give it some Pizazz!

I don't have a problem with her hair, but I think she should have worn a dress that covered her upper arms a bit. I dunno . . . I have a thing about exposing fleshy upper arms. I know, that sounds really shallow.

Click on "larger image" on the page that's linked here, and you'll see Sarah in her throw. The story about the cloak is on the page.:flowers:

Sincerely Sarah by Sarah Ferguson Luxury Throw

If the sale of these 'throws' isn't going to charity, then I am absolutely appalled that Sarah should use her royal connections in this way. Advertising language such as ' crown' and 'royal purple velvet' [by the way it's made of polyester]

There's a very, very fine line with a lot of the things that Sarah does; and I think that she's crossed it.:ermm:

If the sale of these 'throws' isn't going to charity, then I am absolutely appalled that Sarah should use her royal connections in this way. Advertising language such as ' crown' and 'royal purple velvet' [by the way it's made of polyester]

Thanks a lot for the link, giov :flowers:

Here's one more from the after party:

After Party - Grand Opening of Atlantis, The Palm

The dress looked much better with a scarf as you can also see on
the following pic :

Sarah Ferguson watches the unprecedented pyrotechnics and illumination
at the Grand Opening of Palm Jumeirah and its flagship Atlantis, the
Palm Resort at the Palm Jumeirah Island on November 20, 2008 in Dubai.

------> Pic

And I've found the following pic I really liked, it definitely does not
show Sarah from her best (back) side, but it shows her energy and joy
of living, that's really nice :)

----> Arrival pic

wonder how much she was paid to appear at the party. any ideas?

Thanks for the photos/links everyone. These pics are more flattering than some of the others in recent memory. I was also wondering if she was invited to Dubai on a personal note or on a paid one.

Honestly people. With guests such as Robert DeNiro and Richard Branson in attendance, do you really think that the organizers needed to pay Sarah to attend and "beef up" the glitz list? :bang:

I read an interview recently with Sarah in "Hello Canada" where she frequently referred to her "princess daughters". she also has developed a knack for talking about Andrew; "we are divorced to each other instead of from each other" it almost makes it sound as if they are still together. It's amazing after being divorced for 12 years that she is still able to get so much mileage out of once being a member of the RF.

Well maybe they still are 'together'. Certainly they have nothing but pleasant things to say about one another.

I wonder how much longer people are going to be willing to pay her for endorsements, speeches, appearances, etc? As more time goes on, William and Harry get married, and her own daughters continue to grow up, people won't be paying as much attention to her. As is it now in the USA, she doesn't get much publicity. Is she going to be able to make as much money?

If she's in less demand as a personality in years to come, I'd think that her fees for speaking engagements/personal appearances will decrease; and her products wouldn't sell as well either. Will the upcoming generation even know who she is, for example?:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that she will try and make sure that she is known for as long as she can, Mermaid1962. Trouble is, it may be on the heels of her princess daughters which is sad, imo. I truly hope that I am wrong in my assumption. :unsure:

Sadly enough, I think that you're probably right.:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am finding it difficult to know which of her various activities are for charity.

My take is, as of others posted above, that as long as there is a demand for her and there are checks being written for her appearances and products she will continue advertising herself. I have to admit that I admire her for at least working at it. I doubt the next generation will know how to navigate the stormy waters and earn a paycheck.
Her charitable projects are also impressive. So if she can go on why not?

The percentages may relate to licencing fees. These are standard when a company uses another person's image or whatever in a product. The trustees of the Princess Diana Memorial Fund came a cropper when they tried to get a licencing fee for the use of Diana's image from a US doll company. On the other hand the trustees of the estate of Elvis Presley jealously guard the unauthorised use of his image and any approved use would involve a licencing fee.

My only issue with Sarah is the way she keeps bringing up her ex-husband and his family in conversation. She does wonderful charitable work, and I certainly don't disapprove of the woman trying to make a living.:flowers:

My take is, as of others posted above, that as long as there is a demand for her and there are checks being written for her appearances and products she will continue advertising herself. I have to admit that I admire her for at least working at it. I doubt the next generation will know how to navigate the stormy waters and earn a paycheck.
Her charitable projects are also impressive. So if she can go on why not?

Once you have children with someone, Royal or not, they remain your family, divorce or not. QEII and the Duke of E remain the grandparents of her children, regardless of the divorce.

My only issue with Sarah is the way she keeps bringing up her ex-husband and his family in conversation. She does wonderful charitable work, and I certainly don't disapprove of the woman trying to make a living.:flowers:

That is her gravy train and she will not jump off of it any time soon. In case people forgot who she is, she needs to drop names to keep herself front and center.
These days, every magazine I open I see royals with Bono and others. The lines have been blurrier and blurrier. Socialites, royalty, actors, singers, politicans....... one big happy family...........:bang:

Yup, Royal Families are lumped in with celebrities now. In so many publications, it's all about their love lives and their clothes. Nothing about their responsibilities and the work they do for others. I find it really, really annoying.:argh:

These days, every magazine I open I see royals with Bono and others. The lines have been blurrier and blurrier. Socialites, royalty, actors, singers, politicans....... one big happy family...........:bang:

Yes, but most divorced people don't keep talking about their ex-inlaws. Then again, most people aren't ex-royals, I suppose.:rolleyes:

Once you have children with someone, Royal or not, they remain your family, divorce or not. QEII and the Duke of E remain the grandparents of her children, regardless of the divorce.

Just a note to state that the bitchy and repetitive comments have been and will continue to be deleted.
Those who come here to indulge their personal spite and/or have nothing whatsoever constructive to offer are advised to find another website.

Warren
British Forums moderator

Pics from Wenn
Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York outside RTE studios for 'The Late Late Show', Dublin, Ireland - 28 11 08.
Wenn
Wenn
Wenn
Gallery Wenn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom