The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 06:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
According to this article from last October, you're right: she says they're not dating because he already has a girlfriend.

He is quite handsome in those new pictures, though, so I wouldn't blame Sarah for wanting to gaze at him across a dinner table.
I am guessing Sarah must really like Geir, for going out with him now may well entail her paying for the evening - only a guess, but the Findus UK business is in administration now.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I am guessing Sarah must really like Geir, for going out with him now may well entail her paying for the evening - only a guess, but the Findus UK business is in administration now.
Normally the owners of companies don't put their whole private fortune into their business - even if the company goes into administration, there should be enough left to start anew or enjoy life as a rich "pensioner". That's what Ltd. after a company's name means: that the risk is limited for the owner...

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess has been accused by Turkish authorities of breaking privacy laws while making a television exposé of neglect

Criminal complaint made against Duchess of York - Telegraph
Old 02-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Serene Highness

Well they did have to do something considering how badly they were exposed for the deplorable conditions. Better to make it about Sarah than to respond to the complaints of their own neglect.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

There are better ways to improve conditions for the children than to alienate a government in pursuit of personal publicity! IMO.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, and if my mother had wheels, she would be a wagon. We'll have to agree to disagree.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
There are better ways to improve conditions for the children than to alienate a government in pursuit of personal publicity! IMO.
I believe that Sarah makes her living by being a public figure, she has to be noticed or she will sink into oblivion. Perhaps she could find another book that she can write.
Diplomacy should be left to diplomats in my opinion, they know their governments policies. Sarah is no diplomat as she has proved on inumerous occasions.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Gentry

And she hasn't been noticed a lot lately; I think the state of the world economy will seriously impact her ability to make a living, if it hasn't already.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

What else would she be able to do to make a living and be noticed? Any suggestions?
Old 02-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Serene Highness

I think Sarah's days in the spotlight are numbered. Sure, she'll always be mentioned here and there and there will be the random photo at a restaurant or something (esp. if she's w P. Andrew) from time to time, but w P Charles and his boys becoming more of the focal point of the BRF, even the York girls will be taking a back seat and thus will Sarah.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow. If that's the case, Sarah will be a very unhappy camper!
Old 02-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Wow. If that's the case, Sarah will be a very unhappy camper!
Indeed! and that's when they start doing the "New and Improved" crap, which is just a rehash of the same ole same ole except they have had their hair and makeup re-done and went to a spa to lose the weight. . . .
Old 02-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Yes, and if my mother had wheels, she would be a wagon. We'll have to agree to disagree.
?????????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
Diplomacy should be left to diplomats in my opinion, they know their governments policies. Sarah is no diplomat as she has proved on numerous occasions
Total agreement here!
Old 02-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I think Sarah's days in the spotlight are numbered. Sure, she'll always be mentioned here and there and there will be the random photo at a restaurant or something (esp. if she's w P. Andrew) from time to time, but w P Charles and his boys becoming more of the focal point of the BRF, even the York girls will be taking a back seat and thus will Sarah.
You are quite right. I hope that the media focus will completely be shifted toward the nucleus of British Royal family that includes Her Majesty, Prince Phillip, Prince Charles, and his sons sooner rather than later. While I commend Sarah, Duchess of York, for exposing an unfortunate situation in Turkish orphanages, she has gone too far fighting the evil and creating a diplomatically awkward situation for her former in-laws.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Unfortunately, Sarah has created way too many awkward situations for her former royal in-laws and for far too many years. Diplomacy has Never been one of her attributes. Why should she all of a sudden change now? She knows that she may have to depend on her daughters and Andrew to still be "someone" so that she will remain in the public eye, so to speak. Sad...
Old 02-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I think the focal point of the British Royal Family is Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and His Royal Highness Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh and should continue to be for the remainder of their lives. This focus can then fall on the Prince of Wales when he begins his reign. I am not of the opinion that the Prince of Wales' sons are mature enough as yet for the royal spotlight and unfortunately believe publicity Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie attract will continue to be of a non-royal nature.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
?????????
It is an expression that means that you have your interpretation of a thing and I have mine.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sarah is involved in a lot of charites, especially having to do with children. I really don't believe that all of this is being done for the sake of personal publicity and celebrity; there are easier ways to stay in the limelight than to be spearheading children's charities around the world. There seems to be a hard core of people for whom Sarah can do absolutely nothing right, and who talk about her with such open contempt. Sometimes this sort of ganging up on someone says a lot more about the people doing the ganging up than the person being ganged up on.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Majesty

My impression of Sarah is that she has a very big heart and has an adventurous spirit that goes for grand gestures. I think that she wants to leave the world a better place than she found it, and that leads her into international scrapes. Perhaps, like her erstwhile sister-in-law, she thinks herself more able to take on these causes than she actually is. I'm sure that there are like-minded people who get into similar trouble, but they don't create international incidents; their stories simply don't make the front page. If Sarah weren't an ex-Windsor, she would probably have the opportunity to do more genuine good because she wouldn't be so visible and so well-known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Sarah is involved in a lot of charites, especially having to do with children. I really don't believe that all of this is being done for the sake of personal publicity and celebrity; there are easier ways to stay in the limelight than to be spearheading children's charities around the world. There seems to be a hard core of people for whom Sarah can do absolutely nothing right, and who talk about her with such open contempt. Sometimes this sort of ganging up on someone says a lot more about the people doing the ganging up than the person being ganged up on.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
You are so right, Elspeth. Nothing much seems to change and that's why I hardly visit this thread anymore. Today is no different. A member posts a link to a story about Sarah which starts the chain reaction... the dissing session that will eventually bring out every scandal, sin, faux pas, etc that Sarah ever committed. I just don't understand how some people can be so self-righteous as to point an accusatory finger at her about the same issues over and over again.

Closed Thread

Tags
fergie, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson