The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 12:25 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Yes, Sarah did gain weight. But contrary to public opinion, women don't always gain weight after childbirth but rather they Lose weight! As for her style, I don't think she ever got that right....impo. :(
I never thought all of the criticism about Sarah's weight (and now Beatrice's weight) was warranted, especially in comparison to an "ideal" Diana figure. I mean, we all learned later that Diana was dealing with eating disorders. Add in the fact that Sarah and Bea's body types are far different from Diana's -- and the fact that women come in all shapes and sizes -- and it's really all a shame.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 01-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
I never thought all of the criticism about Sarah's weight (and now Beatrice's weight) was warranted, especially in comparison to an "ideal" Diana figure. I mean, we all learned later that Diana was dealing with eating disorders. Add in the fact that Sarah and Bea's body types are far different from Diana's -- and the fact that women come in all shapes and sizes -- and it's really all a shame.
In my opinion Diana never had an ideal figure. She looked good in all her clothes but she was very square with hardly any waist, but her figure seemed to show off her clothes very well and she had a great fashion sense, at least after her marriage, before she hadn´t quite found herself fashionwise.
Poor Sarah when compared to her looked quite dumpy and she never had any fashion sense at all but I agree that the photographers took advantage of this and she was always, or almost always shown to a disadvantage.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
In my opinion Diana never had an ideal figure.
That's not my opinion, either; that's why I put the quotations around it. I don't actually think there is an ideal figure for women. But the press were essentially presenting Diana's figure as such.

HM The Queen
Old 01-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Serene Highness

I know this isn't the Sarah thread but comments on Sarah's physical appearance seem to be repeating themselves w Pss B. Let me just say tha Sarah may not have been considered stylish (I agree, that is totally a matter of personal taste) but while she did have her periods of being overweight, she also lost alot of that weight and did look healthy and trim. Maybe not Model thin, but remember ladies, models are Not Realistic body types. While a tiny fraction of the population is lucky enough to be naturally thin and doesn't have to worry about gaining weight, the Majority of us aren't so fortunate. Holding oursleves, our friends, co-workers, children, and women-in-general up to the "ideals" shoved down our throats by fashion designers who work mainly with Mannequins, only sets every women up for failure.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Sarah was quite slim during the early part of the courtship and marriage. She, like many women, gained weight after childbirth. The stylish part is a matter of personal opinion.
Oh no, she was always very full figured, which endeared her to everybody because not everybody is a perfect size 6 or 4 or 5 or what have you.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well endowed are the words I associate with Sarah. As you say nothing wrong with that.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Majesty

Does anybody know if Sarah is still seeing Geir Frantzen, the Norweigen who owns the UK operation of Findus frozen foods? Saw in the press recently that the business was now in administration.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Don't we have an article a couple pages back saying Sarah was "looking" and what she wanted in a man now that she was single??
Old 02-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Heir Apparent

And what about her daughters telling Mummy that they didn't want her to marry again? They wanted her to stay just as she is??
Old 02-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Does anybody know if Sarah is still seeing Geir Frantzen, the Norweigen who owns the UK operation of Findus frozen foods? Saw in the press recently that the business was now in administration.
I thought that was over a while ago.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Gentry

I wonder how the state of the world economy has affected Sarah's business ventures; she seems to be keeping a rather low profile as of late.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy's mom View Post
I wonder how the state of the world economy has affected Sarah's business ventures; she seems to be keeping a rather low profile as of late.
She can always find another book to write.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:27 AM
Administrator

Pics 11.2.2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
At least they still go out with each other

Sarah Ferguson and Geir Frantzen, pictured leaving the China Tang
restaurant in London at around midnight. London, February 11, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 02-12-2009, 06:51 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

I have removed the latest round of defamatory posts.
Stating on a publicly-accessable internet forum that someone is "bankrupt", without any evidence whatsoever, leaves the Forums open to legal action.

Members who persist in this type of posting will face consequences in order to protect the Forums from their irresponsible behaviour.

Warren
Administrator
Old 02-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

As a rider to the above, and as I have explained to a correspondent, the placing of one company into administration does not make the owner bankrupt.
Again, I would ask that members be very careful what they post and the wording they use.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the photos, Ice. Does anyone know how old he is? He looks considerably younger than Sarah. Or maybe he just has good Norweigan genes!
Old 02-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Majesty

Sarah certainly looks like she's on a "date": she put her makeup on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
At least they still go out with each other

Sarah Ferguson and Geir Frantzen, pictured leaving the China Tang
restaurant in London at around midnight. London, February 11, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 02-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Gentry

Didn't Sarah say some months back that their relationship was over? I thought he had a long-term live-in girlfriend in Norway.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy's mom View Post
Didn't Sarah say some months back that their relationship was over? I thought he had a long-term live-in girlfriend in Norway.
According to this article from last October, you're right: she says they're not dating because he already has a girlfriend.

He is quite handsome in those new pictures, though, so I wouldn't blame Sarah for wanting to gaze at him across a dinner table.

HM The Queen
Old 02-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Serene Highness

Yep, Geir Franzen is a few years younger than Sarah. I believe he's in his early forties, but my memory could be wrong. I've also read that he has a partner/girlfriend of quite a few years, so presumably, he and Sarah are "just friends."

Closed Thread

Tags
fergie, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson