The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 05:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

More pics from Zimbio
Sarah Ferguson Pictures - Robert Cavalli Party During Milan Fashion Week 2009 - Zimbio

Old 03-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think she looks great at this event. The daughters would benefit from standing up straight and opening their eyes during the photo call. Both their clothes and figures would be flattered by not being slumped.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
I doubt Caroline of Monace has ever invited the media that way, non?
My sentiments exactly. Queen Silvia was being photographed in a bikini up until 3 summers ago in the ripe old age of almost 64 but she did not send out warnings about the time and place.
It is actually laughable for someone to blame the media on one hand and exploit them on the other for personal gain.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 3.3.2009

Sarah Ferguson, centre, seen with her daughters, Princess Beatrice, left
and Princess Eugenie, right, arriving at the World Premiere of 'The Young
Victoria', in London, Tuesday, March 3, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Here's the getty link: GBR: UK Film Premiere: The Young Victoria - Inside Arrivals

The zimbio links:
UK Film Premiere: The Young Victoria - Arrivals
UK Film Premiere: The Young Victoria - Inside Arrivals
UK Film Premiere: The Young Victoria - Afterparty

The gallery from abaca

And an article with more pics:

Eugenie and Beatrice have a Marilyn moment at The Young Victoria premiere as windy weather ruffles their dresses
Old 03-04-2009, 05:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Two princesses and a duchess attended the premiere of a film about one of Britain's greatest monarchs, giving the night a suitably regal atmosphere

The Young Victoria Premiere In London: Princess Eugenie, Sarah Ferguson And Princess Beatrice Attend | Showbiz News | Sky News

After a succession of Telegraph readers wrote in to point out the historical errors in Gosford Park, its screenwriter, Julian Fellowes, faces further brickbats for his latest film, The Young Victoria.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...be-amused.html
Old 03-04-2009, 07:47 AM
Nobility

What glamour! How can they walk on those heels!? They look so lovely...
Old 03-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Royal Highness

I have to say that I do believe Sarah has been reading this thread! She looks fantastic at both events (Robert Cavalli and movie premiere)--truly. The dresses are perfect on her. However (and there is always a 'but') I wish she would quit wearing those black stockings!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 03-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 4.3.2009

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, and her daughters show their
support for the new movie "The Young Victoria" by posing with
a poster in London's Soho, March 4, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 03-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont mind the sheer black stockings with the dress in that particular color.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I dont mind the sheer black stockings with the dress in that particular color.
Have to say I love the sheer black stockings! I always think they make a lovely contrast with that beautiful hair!
(And the Duchess does have wonderul legs!)
Old 03-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Royal Highness

while i don't agree with everything sarah does, i do love that she has such a wonderful relationship with her daughters and i hope that when my daughter reaches her teens, we have as wonderful a relationship as they do.

as for sarah "selling" herself and her royal connection....the media keeps it all alive. they ask those questions during interviews and she answers. i think that a lot of blame has to go to them and not all of it to sarah.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Holy Schnikies!
Russo takes a short leave of absense to celebrate her birthday and take care of Mr. Russo who has the crud (and you all know what big babies men can be! Sorry Warren! ) and all heck breaks loose!
I hope that some posters who have threatened to leave will please come back! I do so enjoy your input.
And yes, Miss Sarah will always be in the media as they HAVE to sell papers!
And yes, she does polarize us all. . ..
Old 03-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

And double Holy Schnikies!!! Thank goodness Russo is back to get us all back on track!!!
I have a terrible feeling that we have seen the last of our fun and interesting posters. (sob. :( )
Of Course we haven't seen the last of Miss Sarah and I can't see the last of her in the unforseeable future. :(
I clicked the wrong button so I am unable to use the cute emoticons (or whatever they are called) Darn.
I hope this goes through so you get to see this, dear Russo. We shall see...:)
Old 03-06-2009, 03:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
as for sarah "selling" herself and her royal connection....the media keeps it all alive. they ask those questions during interviews and she answers. i think that a lot of blame has to go to them and not all of it to sarah.
You bring it to a point: "she answers" - you don't have to talk about old, old stories when you have something newer to actually say. And, being a journalist myself, I was wondering how a journalist could bring such old things up during an interview without being corrected by Sarah. I mean, she does not have that much of time for interviews, I think, as she is so busy according to her own words. Thus, she should want to talk about the current topic.

Instead she talks about her ex-marriage. Just imagine an interviewer having the possibility to talk to Madonna about her latest album asks her instead about her marriage to Sean Penn - that would be more realistic because Penn just won an Oscar. But I seriously doubt this interviewer would get another chance to talk to Madonna.

If you read the latest interview of Sarah in the "Telegraph", at Sarah, Duchess of York exclusive: 'The only thing I ever succeeded at was failure' - Telegraph you'll find this by the author: "We have met to discuss her latest project as co-producer on the film The Young Victoria. She tells me she always loved the story of Victoria, ever since she was given access to private documents by the Royal family." And then Sarah goes on and on about her life as a Royal, the fault she made, how she would act differently nowadays.... a long story of several paragraphs.

Then this: 'I don’t want to [talk so much], really,’ she says. 'I’d rather shut up and fade away but…’ She’s actually here to talk about The Young Victoria, which is something she does like talking about", writes the author. so after we learned all about her binge eating because of Diana-comparisons (these infos made it into the tabloids) and other stuff related to her time as a Royal, we finally hear a bit about the film she co-produces. Not much, though, as very soon she changes from the romantic relationship between Victoria and Albert to that of her mother and stepfather - ending at:

"She talks a lot about how you must show people you love them – telling them and hugging them and never leaving people without letting them know they are special. 'Before I came here to this interview I had to turn the car around to hug my daughters goodbye. They heard me come back into the house and they ran down the stairs and Beatrice said, “Hugs?”’
She looks really tearful when she says this. She obviously adores her daughters."

And then we learn more about Sarah Ferguson but nothing about the film really - only this: "She’s always maintained a close relationship with Prince Andrew, but now 'the Firm’ seems to have allowed her back in the fold, last summer inviting her to holiday with her daughters, Princesses Beatrice, 20, and Eugenie, 18, on the Balmoral estate for the first time since that notorious toe-sucking incident 16 years ago." What that has to do with the film? Well.... Sarah says she had the idea of the film at a time when she was still a Royal and her relationship with her in-laws was not yet strained. and then: "But even that's got better". And then the Balmoral-paragraph.

Why do I look that closely at this interview: Because I cannot imagine a journalist being sent to an interview with a producer of a film about to open this week with orders to write a piece about said film wishing to come back with a collection of old, old stories and reminiscences of an ex-Royal. So I guess it was not the author who asked these questions but Sarah talking about this. I don't want to guess what the editor would have said if the thing about the binge eating had been missing!

But I can only invite anyone to read the interview and form their own opinion.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:24 AM
Courtier

Quite a few years ago Sarah appeared on a TV chat show in the UK, the Richard and Judy show. She was there promoting Weight Watchers but they asked her repeated questions about her life as a royal. She refused to answer them saying, that's all in the past, let's move on etc. She was slated ( heavily criticised) by the press, how dare she not answer those questions? Who does she think she is? etc.
The press has a vested interest in Sarah talking about her past royal life, she's the only readily accessible connection to royalty that even minor chat shows, newspapers, can get. Opportunities to speak to royals are few and far between, she fills that gap and the media want that gap to stay open. So yes she can refuse to answer, but then more criticism comes in. Sarah plays the game with the media, she gets press coverage for whatever she's publicising and at the same time gives them the same old, same old royal stories. She's a seasoned media player, and the media happily report what she says as it gives them a royal headline, regardless of whether it's new news or not. If what she says is repetitive and old, why then do the media publish it?
Old 03-06-2009, 05:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
But I can only invite anyone to read the interview and form their own opinion.
I am hoping a link will be provided for the BBC interview she did this morning. When questioned about her un-royal behaviour and tell all stories, she said even though people in the UK expected her to keep her own counsel, that simply isn't her and she has no problem with it. She also said she is a very good mother. As I said I hope to find a link as I realise that what I have seen or heard will not be acceptable!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/programmes/b...st/default.stm
Old 03-06-2009, 05:54 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, and her daughters show their
support for the new movie "The Young Victoria" by posing with
a poster in London's Soho, March 4, 2009
I wonder why the girls always have to wear short skirt.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

They dont have to. But they are young, so if they are going to, now is an appropriate age. I do think though, if they are going to wear them that short, some weighting at the bottom of the skirt is in order, a la Chanel.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Pic 5.3.2009

The Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson appears on 'The Alan Titchmarsh
Show' shown on ITV1 England - 05.03.09 . She's been a guest of the
show before, some weeks ago.

-----> Pic
Old 03-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is just me or do her lips appear plumper?? They don't usually look this full... I'm curious as to what she will have to say this time around.