The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
I don't know, Russo, but the two standing next to her could take a few lessons on how to dress, hair..... She Is one gorgeous lady!!
Isn't she though? That skin is FLAWLESS! I'd LOVE to have skin like that!

Old 11-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

She certainly is beautifully dressed and groomed, no doubt someone will know and tell us soon.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Too bad, Russo and Menarue. We tried.....
I thought it was Sinitta but goodness what would I know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy's mom View Post
As regards my last post--I don't think Sarah is, or really ever was, an asset to the monarchy. I do, however, think that in the early years of her marriage if someone she looked up to and respected--which is why I suggested the Queen--had attempted to mentor her, maybe she would have learned how to behave more appropriately and with all her goood qualities, she could have been a real asset to the RF
Sarah was always seen as a hoyden, more used to running around the stables than a demure young woman. If she didn't know how to behave when she married, there was, IMO, very little hope of her changing. HM takes a lot of criticism for not being more hands on, apart from the stock 'that is not how it's done in the aristocratic or royal classes', she has always been incredibly busy representing the country. If her own parents couldn't tutor her, it would have been a lot to ask a mother in law to do.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Forgive my ignorance, Sky, but who/what is Sinitta? I'm in the dark here.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Forgive my ignorance, Sky, but who/what is Sinitta? I'm in the dark here.
This is Sinitta, one my young guests mentioned her today and I looked her up. Sinitta, the official website
Old 11-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

She is a beauty. Thank you for enlightening me, Sky! :)
Old 11-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She is a beauty. Thank you for enlightening me, Sky! :)
I think she is a he. . .

Murphy's Mom, I suggest you read "My Story" By Sarah Ferguson. You can find it at any local library. The "Men in Grey" tried to teach her the proper protocol but if you don't listen. . . .
Old 11-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Sorry to interrupt this most excellent debate all of you are having over the orphanage trip and very good points made I must add!
But can anyone tell me who this gorgeous woman is with Sarah and her daughter?
According to the small print down the right-hand side of the photo, it's Kelly Rowland, whoever that might be.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
According to the small print down the right-hand side of the photo, it's Kelly Rowland, whoever that might be.
Here's her website:
Kelly Rowland - Ms. Kelly
thanks E! Who'da thunk your eyes would be better than mine given your age??
Old 11-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Kelly is a singer, she was in a girl band called Destiny's Child with Beyonce.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 6.11.2008

There was a short report in German televison (ZDF) as well, I
did not see it myself, but was told, that it's been really impressing
and touching to see.

Sarah, Duchess of York, attends a press conference for 'Shape
Up' a European project set up to investigate the causes of infant
obesity Barcelona, Spain, November 11, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 11-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Nobility

Well, say about Sarah whatever you want, but she certainly has been busy those last few weeks!! (maybe the old bankaccount needs an injection for Christmas??)
Old 11-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness

Infant obesity??! I agree one's never too young to develop healthy eating habits but I didn't know there was even such a thing. Yes, Sarah has been busy.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Nobility

Infant obesity has been a problem in the USA for at least the past 10 years. Primarily due to overfeeding, rewarding a crying infant with food (especially something they like) teaches them (even at an early age) that food is there for comfort. It can become a vicious cycle that can continue into adulthood.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
Well, say about Sarah whatever you want, but she certainly has been busy those last few weeks!! (maybe the old bankaccount needs an injection for Christmas??)
Perhaps you would be kind enough to share the information on how much she is making from these appearances. I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Perhaps you would be kind enough to share the information on how much she is making from these appearances. I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
I would like to know this too. One would hope nothing, or at least no profit to herself.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Nobility

Hey, I was just kidding!! But since she is no longer a Royal or a very famous celebrity, it's utterly possible that she doesn't do this things for free. It's not like her children's books are selling millions and millions of copies is it?!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
Hey, I was just kidding!! But since she is no longer a Royal or a very famous celebrity, it's utterly possible that she doesn't do this things for free. It's not like her children's books are selling millions and millions of copies is it?!
There is a difference between paid public speaking engagements and the appearances for charities and benefits that she supports. Yes, Sarah has to earn a living as a private citizen, but that need is not mutually exclusive from an interest in charitable work. The booking agent she uses for her public appearances also includes such clients as Maya Angelou and Buzz Aldrin, so it is not as if a public speaker cannot also have a social conscience in their offtime.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Nobility

Did I ever say that she hasn't got a social conscience?????
Old 11-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Serene Highness

Has anyone seen Sarah's velvet cloak in the new Avon catalogue? Someone said they saw her pic somewhere (I can't seem to find anything) and that she made reference to a relative being given a cloak for loyalty to the The Crown - years ago - and now she is selling or endorsing some sort of throw through Avon. I'm sure one of you can track this down - if it's indeed true. Thanks.

Tags
fergie, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson