Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 13: October 2008-February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is most definately not the wine, Russo! I see what you see and I drink Scotch!

Pics 29.10.2008

Sarah Ferguson at the National Television Awards at the
Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Gore, London, October 29:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Last edited:
Pics 5.11.2008

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York and her daughter Princess Beatrice
attend Virgin Unite's 'Through The Looking Glass' fundraising event at
The Old Brewery on November 5, 2008 in London, England

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

thanks for posting the pictures. Both Sarah and Beatrice look lovely in the black dresses. Very tasteful and the styles become them.

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York and her daughter Princess Beatrice
attend Virgin Unite's 'Through The Looking Glass' fundraising event at
The Old Brewery on November 5, 2008 in London, England

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Great pics of Sarah. I have met her a couple of times and she is very nice and very friendly. I am delighted to discover that Sarah will be in Dublin at the end of this month to attend a book signing so I plan to see her again! I will post any pics I take and I am SOOO looking forward to it !

You are most welcome, almab :flowers:

And irishdi, that's great to hear. Wish you a great day with Sarah :)
and to have our own special photographer around would be very nice :)

Here are some additional pics of the 'Through The Looking Glass' event
Sarah and Beatrice attended yesterday evening ( here's the post from
yesterday) - I like that pic of them enjoying a cup of tea :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Sorry to interrupt this most excellent debate all of you are having over the orphanage trip and very good points made I must add!
But can anyone tell me who this gorgeous woman is with Sarah and her daughter?

I don't know, Russo, but the two standing next to her could take a few lessons on how to dress, hair..... She Is one gorgeous lady!!

I don't know, Russo, but the two standing next to her could take a few lessons on how to dress, hair..... She Is one gorgeous lady!!
Isn't she though? That skin is FLAWLESS! I'd LOVE to have skin like that!

She certainly is beautifully dressed and groomed, no doubt someone will know and tell us soon.

Too bad, Russo and Menarue. We tried.....
:ROFLMAO: I thought it was Sinitta but goodness what would I know!:ROFLMAO:
As regards my last post--I don't think Sarah is, or really ever was, an asset to the monarchy. I do, however, think that in the early years of her marriage if someone she looked up to and respected--which is why I suggested the Queen--had attempted to mentor her, maybe she would have learned how to behave more appropriately and with all her goood qualities, she could have been a real asset to the RF
Sarah was always seen as a hoyden, more used to running around the stables than a demure young woman. If she didn't know how to behave when she married, there was, IMO, very little hope of her changing. HM takes a lot of criticism for not being more hands on, apart from the stock 'that is not how it's done in the aristocratic or royal classes', she has always been incredibly busy representing the country. If her own parents couldn't tutor her, it would have been a lot to ask a mother in law to do. :flowers:

Forgive my ignorance, Sky, but who/what is Sinitta? I'm in the dark here.

She is a beauty. Thank you for enlightening me, Sky! :)

She is a beauty. Thank you for enlightening me, Sky! :)
I think she is a he. . .:whistling:

Murphy's Mom, I suggest you read "My Story" By Sarah Ferguson. You can find it at any local library. The "Men in Grey" tried to teach her the proper protocol but if you don't listen. . . .:rolleyes:

Sorry to interrupt this most excellent debate all of you are having over the orphanage trip and very good points made I must add!
But can anyone tell me who this gorgeous woman is with Sarah and her daughter?

According to the small print down the right-hand side of the photo, it's Kelly Rowland, whoever that might be.

According to the small print down the right-hand side of the photo, it's Kelly Rowland, whoever that might be.

Kelly is a singer, she was in a girl band called Destiny's Child with Beyonce.

Pics 6.11.2008

There was a short report in German televison (ZDF) as well, I
did not see it myself, but was told, that it's been really impressing
and touching to see.

Sarah, Duchess of York, attends a press conference for 'Shape
Up' a European project set up to investigate the causes of infant
obesity Barcelona, Spain, November 11, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Well, say about Sarah whatever you want, but she certainly has been busy those last few weeks!! (maybe the old bankaccount needs an injection for Christmas??:ROFLMAO:)

Infant obesity??! I agree one's never too young to develop healthy eating habits but I didn't know there was even such a thing. Yes, Sarah has been busy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Infant obesity has been a problem in the USA for at least the past 10 years. Primarily due to overfeeding, rewarding a crying infant with food (especially something they like) teaches them (even at an early age) that food is there for comfort. It can become a vicious cycle that can continue into adulthood. :flowers:

Well, say about Sarah whatever you want, but she certainly has been busy those last few weeks!! (maybe the old bankaccount needs an injection for Christmas??:ROFLMAO:)

Perhaps you would be kind enough to share the information on how much she is making from these appearances. I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to share the information on how much she is making from these appearances. I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

I would like to know this too. One would hope nothing, or at least no profit to herself.

Hey, I was just kidding!! But since she is no longer a Royal or a very famous celebrity, it's utterly possible that she doesn't do this things for free. It's not like her children's books are selling millions and millions of copies is it?!

Hey, I was just kidding!! But since she is no longer a Royal or a very famous celebrity, it's utterly possible that she doesn't do this things for free. It's not like her children's books are selling millions and millions of copies is it?!

There is a difference between paid public speaking engagements and the appearances for charities and benefits that she supports. Yes, Sarah has to earn a living as a private citizen, but that need is not mutually exclusive from an interest in charitable work. The booking agent she uses for her public appearances also includes such clients as Maya Angelou and Buzz Aldrin, so it is not as if a public speaker cannot also have a social conscience in their offtime.

Did I ever say that she hasn't got a social conscience?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone seen Sarah's velvet cloak in the new Avon catalogue? Someone said they saw her pic somewhere (I can't seem to find anything) and that she made reference to a relative being given a cloak for loyalty to the The Crown - years ago - and now she is selling or endorsing some sort of throw through Avon. I'm sure one of you can track this down - if it's indeed true. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom