Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 12: July-October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Welcome to
Sarah, Duchess of York part 11

commencing July 2008

Part 10, covering the period February to July 2008 can be found here

¤

Talk of a wedding may be jumping the gun a bit. I am not sure she is ready to loose her DoY title - worth a lot to her for her US business. Also, has Sarah done her diligence on Geir? Is he really as wealthy as the press make him out to be? Rumour has it that the Findus business in the UK (the bit he owns) is not doing that well. So this could end up being a marriage for true love!!!!!!

Last edited:
Has Sarah done her due diligence on Geir? Is he really as wealthy as the press make him out to be? Rumour has it that the Findus business in the UK (the bit he owns) is not doing that well
People do fall in love and get married without letting the monetary value decide them either way. :wub:

People do fall in love and get married without letting the monetary value decide them either way. :wub:
You are absolutely right, people do (even Royals!) marry for love. Its just not a quality I would associate with Sarah!

Pics 23.7.2008

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, outside Claridges Hotel
London, England - 23.07.08 - she's been quite busy..;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Whatever you say about Sarah, you really cannot say she didn't marry Andrew for love. She loved him then and seems to still love him now. If she was only interested in marrying a prince, she would have endeavored to get a better handle on being a princess so that she could remain one. I hope she does not marry this one unless she is just as much in love with him.

Last edited:
A great look for Sarah--and I have to say that I do love the white coat; we seem to be seeing it a great deal.
I do think that Sarah and Andrew were completely in love with each other when they got married and I think that this why they are able to remain such good friends--but I think it is interesting that post- Sarah he is seen with a completely different type of girl.

I find Sarah unkept to say the least. A woman her age who has hair that long, should make an effort to at least keep them more tame. Besides, all these years she still does not know how to walk a bit gracefully. These long strides, the flowing dry red hair, no make up.........She should try a bit harder.

Whatever you say about Sarah, you really cannot say she didn't marry Andrew for love. She loved him then and seems to still love him now. If she was only interested in marrying a prince, she would have endeavored to get a better handle on being a princess so that she could remain one. I hope she does not marry this one unless she is just as much in love with him.
I dunno about this. I suppose no one will every really know but I wonder how in love she'd have been w him if he had been Andrew, Electrician. Or Andrew, Hotel Manager. Any woman marrying a prince (and I'll admit a very handsome and [we assume] charming one) would be bursting with joy. Esp. as Sarah and her family were always on the fringe of the royal circle. And at the time of her engagement she was very popular among The People. But I find it difficult to believe a woman So In Love would have gone and cheated the way she did just a few short years after the marriage. And don't go saying it was 'cuz Andrew was off serving his counrtry, etc. 'cuz that is No Excuse. Maybe she really did love him. Or maybe she loved the idea of being a Royal and all that entailed. You can love someone but not be In Love with them.

I agree Bella. Sarah always seemed like the carefree lady and I always wondered exactly what did Andrew see in her.
However when one of the boyfriends (either Wyatt or the Financial guru) gave an interview and said he was in bed with her while she was on the phone with P Andrew, that sealed the deal for me. It was not even as bad (IMHO) when the photos came out of her receiving "financial" advice poolside in France.

I did not know that she was in bed with another man talking on the phone with Andrew; that is pretty low class.
My feelings about Sarah vary--on the one hand, I like her "spunk" as a woman; on the other hand, I wish she were more careful about how she portrays herself. She's an interesting character, to say the least

I get the feeling that she's getting older and may realize that the young playboys with money might not be interested in her for too much longer. It's just a matter of financials not love. I think the only one she loves is herself.

At some point after Andrew when she was trying to reinvent herself there was an Italian noble she was hanging around with. There was even talk of marriage. What happenned?
I must admit, I admire her ability to dig herself out of the debts she had accumulated, keep a friendly relationship with her ex husband and seem like she got a handle on her life. However......she never stopped being common.
On American TV her British accent sounds "upper class" but overall her antics betray her. I agree she will not give up the title of "Duchess" unless a better prospect rolls along.

At some point after Andrew when she was trying to reinvent herself there was an Italian noble she was hanging around with.
Gaddo della Gherardesca!
Odette,
I am your assistant today!:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Oh dear...You make me proud.............Odette's mind is running out of space...........LOL Too much trivia accumulated up there..........I need to clean my hard drive, pronto..........lol
What happenned to Gaddo?? It looked serious.
BTW Is Alitalia still flying??????????LOL

I find Sarah unkept to say the least. A woman her age who has hair that long, should make an effort to at least keep them more tame. Besides, all these years she still does not know how to walk a bit gracefully. These long strides, the flowing dry red hair, no make up.........She should try a bit harder.

I agree. I think the long hair and no makeup ages her unnecessarily. She looked good when she had it shoulder length. It was 'perky' and suited her perfectly, yet it was also a classic look.

I dunno about this. I suppose no one will every really know but I wonder how in love she'd have been w him if he had been Andrew, Electrician. Or Andrew, Hotel Manager. Any woman marrying a prince (and I'll admit a very handsome and [we assume] charming one) would be bursting with joy. Esp. as Sarah and her family were always on the fringe of the royal circle. And at the time of her engagement she was very popular among The People. But I find it difficult to believe a woman So In Love would have gone and cheated the way she did just a few short years after the marriage. And don't go saying it was 'cuz Andrew was off serving his counrtry, etc. 'cuz that is No Excuse. Maybe she really did love him. Or maybe she loved the idea of being a Royal and all that entailed.

It's true that only Sarah knows how she felt about Andrew when they married, but I always thought that Sarah's problem had been with "the men in gray" and not necessarily Andrew. We also don't know what kind of life Andrew promised her for after the wedding. She could very well have thought that he would be around more and she would not be left alone dealing with protocol that she was not capable of carrying off. It's no slight to her to say that she made a very bad princess and the press had a field day with it. She was not really the demure reserved type. No, his continued absences were not an excuse for her infidelity, but they were a contributing factor so they can't be dismissed.

You can love someone but not be In Love with them.

Again this is true, which is why I hope that if Sarah gets remarried that she is genuinely in love with the man.

I think Sarah is a slightly difficult one to judge. I do admire how she has rebuilt her life, post divorce. However, she really does demonstrate a complete lack of judgement in some of the things she sometimes says. When I started this debate, I was not questioning whether she was in lvbe with Andrew when she married him - it was really directed towards Geir. None of us really know the true state of their relatio nship and this is all mere conjecture. That said, I would think if like Sarah you have a public position (if one can call it that), you have worked hard to rebuild your life and being the DoY is very much part of brand Sarah, you are not really going to give it all up easily to be Mrs F - and to then find you have to financially suppor him and by marrying him,you have in any way sullied brand "Sarah". I think if you are at the age and stage of like Sarah is at, you could probably do with the companionship, but often women don't really want to complicate their lives with another marriage.... unless you are getting something you would not otherwise. I also think money is very important to Sarah - and IMO it would be a consideration if she were to remarry.

Is Sarah having any TV projects at the moment? Looks like she no longer advertises Weight Watchers and I do not know what else she does to earn money. However, I agree with you the brand of Sarah Duchess of York is currency she cannot and perhaps should not give up easily......unless she trades up.

I saw just the headline of the Daily Mail article before I opened it and it was, "Sarah Duchess of York to marry Findus boss" or something like that, and I thought, "What, is this true?" I thought if it were this would be one of the first pieces of royal news to really surprise me.

Of course I've heard enough from around this forum to be skeptical of the Daily Mail ;) and of course the headline was misleading, the article just quoted some unnamed "friend" who believed this Mr. Frantzen wanted to marry Sarah...:lol:

But actually when I saw that headline I realized how totally surprised I'd be if Sarah actually remarried someone other than Andrew. I don't actually think Sarah is "in love" with Andrew now exactly, but I don't think we'll ever see her married to anyone other than him.

I also think that while Sarah would do a lot of crazy things to maintain her lifestyle, she wouldn't marry for financial reasons. She's much too emotional for that. Also, I can see her having serious romantic relationships, but I can't see her marrying even a serious boyfriend. In fact, I believe she said in an interview several years ago that she isn't interested in remarriage.

Is Sarah having any TV projects at the moment? Looks like she no longer advertises Weight Watchers and I do not know what else she does to earn money. However, I agree with you the brand of Sarah Duchess of York is currency she cannot and perhaps should not give up easily......unless she trades up.

I read that there will be a sequel to Sarah's "Duchess in Hull" reality show to be aired around Christmas--she'll check up on the family she visited. I don't live in Britain, though, so I could be wrong about this.

Sarah's going to find it more difficult to earn money as time passes, I think. Especially since a whole new generation of royals, including her own daughters, is taking over media attention...even in the U.S. I think once William marries people are going to be a lot more interested in him and Harry than in someone who was a member of the BRF fairly briefly back in the 80s.

Plus, it's true that women are perceived more negatively as they age than men, especially if you frequent the kind of Hollywood circles Sarah seems to like.

I did not know that she was in bed with another man talking on the phone with Andrew; that is pretty low class.
My feelings about Sarah vary--on the one hand, I like her "spunk" as a woman; on the other hand, I wish she were more careful about how she portrays herself. She's an interesting character, to say the least
Janet, there was another book that had that in it besides "Blood Feud" Is that correct? I've forgotten the title, it's over on the "Socialties" thread.
I think it was called, "Fergie and Me" or "The Duchess and me" written by the buddy of Johnny Bryant.
I think Sarah fell in love with Andrew AFTER all the crud happened. I think she loved him, certainly, but fell IN LOVE when the proverbial stuff hit the fan when he showed that he would stand by her.
Doesn't she hit 50 this year?

i don't know if she's started yet but she is scheduled to do a speaking tour. she'll be speaking in my hometown in september. the tour is called "my road to an authentic life". i'm not sure that she's representing weight watchers anymore is she?

I'm searching their site. I see they are calling her a "LifeTime Member" but I don't know if that means she's on their payroll.
Here's some, actually quite good, tips from her.
The Duchess Doles Out Wisdom

Pics 7.8.2008

Two events for Sarah today:

Sarah Ferguson launches Selfridges Green Christmas Shop on
Top of a Topiary Elephant, London, Britain - 07 Aug 2008

- really crazy to see those christmas decorations now..

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Sarah, Duchess of York Sarah launches Children In Crisis campaign
at Ryman's stationers, Earls Court , London, Britain - 07 Aug 2008
Ryman's will be selling yellow pencils.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

- abaca gallery 1 - abaca gallery 2 -

Last edited:
i don't know if she's started yet but she is scheduled to do a speaking tour. she'll be speaking in my hometown in september. the tour is called "my road to an authentic life". i'm not sure that she's representing weight watchers anymore is she?

I suppose she has high speaking fees when asked to participate in any event.
I do not know about Weight Watchers, she looks like she is getting a bit round again. I have not seen her in any of their ads in a long time.

I'm searching their site. I see they are calling her a "LifeTime Member" but I don't know if that means she's on their payroll.
Here's some, actually quite good, tips from her.
The Duchess Doles Out Wisdom

After being a member for over a stretch of time, one becomes a life long member. This is how they can get help and support to get back on the wagon if they fall off.

Back to the black hose, but the red shoes are pretty kicky!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom