Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 12: July-October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah looks reasonably well, altough I don't like her fascination with low-cuts. But Eugenie... With that red lipstick, she looks way older then she is. And it doesn't suit her. She's such a pretty girl - why spoil it all painting your face like a clown?

I'm not fond of Sarah's low-cuts either, but I thought that it was a picture of a mother and daughter looking close and happy together. And Eugenie was covered up, which I also appreciated.:)

Sarah looks reasonably well, altough I don't like her fascination with low-cuts. But Eugenie... With that red lipstick, she looks way older then she is. And it doesn't suit her. She's such a pretty girl - why spoil it all painting your face like a clown?

I'm not fond of Sarah's low-cuts either, but I thought that it was a picture of a mother and daughter looking close and happy together. And Eugenie was covered up, which I also appreciated.:)

I did appreciate Eugenie's covered up outfit as well - kind of rare for Sarah's daughter to wear such "modest" outfits. :D
And it was a nice picture of a mother and daughter as well. Nevertheless, I found Eugenie's make up just way too much - that red lipstick just ruins every other impression from the picture.

I have to agree with you, amandamrgt! It made for a nice picture but it did nothing for me as far as the way they looked. Sarah will just never get it, will she? She is getting Old and she continues to overlook that fact. I am totally fed up with her bosoms and stringy hair, and her silly outfits! Eugenie is the beauty in the family, without a doubt. Hopefully she will not take after her mother or her older sister with their fashion sense. (Or lack thereof!)

Fully agree with you. Sarah and Beatrice have both a difficult relationship with their sense of dress, lets hope E escapes it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually thought they looked good, it's just that Sarah needs to take more care with her make up and hair. She seems to be very hit or miss and since she's in the public eye all the time, she needs, IMO, to be hit all the time!!

The girls have nice faces--but ungainly shapes. I guess like their mother they will fight weight but apparently are doing so. The DoY really doesn't seem to care about herself much--hair, makeup, grooming--but she goes out looking like that and apparently doesn't think a thing about it. I'm more self-conscious---and vain. :wub:

Everyone has good and bad days, not to mention how one sees in the mirror are different from how others perceive them. Given that Sarah appears neat and tidy in all the photos I've seem, I'd say she cares about personal grooming as much as most ordinary people. She may not be a high maintenance type, but she is a working woman who travels a lot and seems to try to be there for her girls. IMO, it's a bit harsh to demand Sarah to look smashing all the time.

Going back for a moment to the red outfits on Sarah and Beatrice: I liked the color on both of them however their dresses should have been reversed. Beatrice should have worn the lower cut one with arms bare and Sarah, if she had class and taste would have covered up more. I don't mind her hair long--but can't she have it appear groomed? Can you imagine having Sarah as your mother and trying to decide how to dress? Eugenie does better I think, and Beatrice often looks frumpy--like her mom.

It's safe for me to say this as they will never meet me or hear of me or know me. :)

This may be a little ugly of me but I was a single, working mother and it took a lot of effort to keep myself looking neat but I think I did.

If I had a team of people looking after the kids, cooking for me, dressing me and available to do my hair, etc. I think I could handle it. An array of servants would have made my life in a virtual palatial home bearable. Not to mention first class travel and plenty of advisors for everything. I don't think she's had to sweat anything except how to get out of having a photo of her toes being sucked in newspapers.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had a team of people looking after the kids, cooking for me, dressing me and available to do my hair, etc. I think I could handle it. An array of servants would have made my life in a virtual palatial home bearable. Not to mention first class travel and plenty of advisors for everything.

That's a lot of assumption on how many and what type of staff she actually has. :ermm:

I don't think she's had to sweat anything except how to get out of having a photo of her toes being sucked in newspapers.

Technically, it was the arch of her foot being kissed, not the toe getting sucked. It was easier to make a headline out of toe than arch.:ROFLMAO: And isn't that ancient history? God knows what each of us has in our past what wouldn't, shouldn't, be dragged out at every turn.

That's a lot of assumption on how many and what type of staff she actually has. :ermm:
I got a book that was called "Dining with the Duchess", it was a weight watchers cook book featuring Fergie. I thought she maybe came up with these recipes herself but nope, they were pretty much all done for her and when you read into the book more, you realized that she really didn't know how to cook at all. Of course this was about 10 years ago and she may have had lessons since then. . . :rolleyes:

Love her or hate her Sarah would not qualify in my book as a well groomed person. She may be a lot of things but careful about appearances she is not.
Incas this is the first time I heard it was the arch and not the toes........LOL......I guess it makes a world of difference
Russo she was at a show a long time ago and she was showing off about that cookbook and it was painfully obvious that she could not distinguish a pan from a spatula.........but she tried.......ROTFL

That is a beautiful picture of Sarah. Back to the hair topic. I have read that Princess Margaret saw her hair styist every morning.

Has this article about Sarah and Georgiana been posted already? If it has, I apologise.

Has this article about Sarah and Georgiana been posted already?
Thanks for this link Hedvig. :flowers:
The story is worth a read as it explains the descent of Sarah (and thus two Princesses) from the illegitimate daughter of Georgina, Duchess of Devonshire (the subject of the new Keira Knightley film) and the future Prime Minister Earl Grey.

The lengthy discussion (almost 30 posts) about Sarah's hair and related - and unrelated - topics have been moved to the Sarah, Duchess of York Fashion and Style thread in the Royal House of Fashion forum.

Thx Warren. On this forum, we can now get back to discussing the most serious business of the latest news from Fergie and Mr Fish Fingers (Geir Frantzen!) :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fascinating article--thank you for the link.
The photo of Sarah taken by Andrew is truly beautiful--one of her best.

It's pretty amazing how interconnected the British aristocracy is. Go far enough back and they're all related.
errr, isn't everyone, at least we can trace our bloodlines back unlike Mr or Mrs ?????? in the street:whistling:

Pic 26.9.2008

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, attends the opening celebration
of The Joule, A Luxury Collection Hotel on September 26, 2008 in
Dallas, Texas.
I remember that dress, I'm quite sure she wore it back in May at
the Roberto Cavalli dinner & wine launch :)

---> Pic

errr, isn't everyone, at least we can trace our bloodlines back unlike Mr or Mrs ?????? in the street:whistling:
Of course, but if I trace my lineage back 100 yrs I'm not going to find myself connected to my neighbor or best friend or anything like that, I don't think. True, living in the US it's a differnent scenario than in Europe where families have been in the same area for generations.

Nice new pics of Sarah :flowers:

Sarah Ferguson attends a signing for her new children's book
"Tea For Ruby" at Borders, Columbus Circle on September 30,
2008 in New York City.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

And here's a gallery with more pics from abaca!
Thanks, Ice. These are very flattering pics of Sarah. I like her hair pulled back like that (I know this isn't a discussion on her hair but had to say that:D) Is this a new book release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom