Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 10: November 2007-February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you are right. Those stockings are atrocious. She seems to go out of her way to look "funny". She is a pretty woman, lovely features and hair. She just is totally lost when it comes to dressing to maximize her looks. Too bad. I loved your anaolgy with the jeans.

Well, you are right. Those stockings are atrocious. She seems to go out of her way to look "funny". She is a pretty woman, lovely features and hair. She just is totally lost when it comes to dressing to maximize her looks. Too bad. I loved your anaolgy with the jeans.
Thank you! I only wish it were a made-up story--I said to my husband the other day that I just couldn't seem to lose the baby weight and he looked at me and said that the baby was 7 years old and maybe I shouldn't try to blame it on him anymore!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What I never totally understood was that Sarah had Diana as a sister-in-law and as a friend--and she just didn't rub off on her? That boggles my mind. You would think that Diana could have influenced Sarah a bit.

She just can't get it right--
and those stockings--enough already. Poor Russophile is going to go blind!
It's okay, really it is! I'm having some Merlot so everything's good! Eyesight is keen! :D

Have also often wondered, as sisters-in-laws and best friends, why Diana didn't take her under her wing, and offer all the resources and personnel that she had at her fingertips. Particularly when she could see the Duchess becoming a laughing stock and being ripped to shreds on a daily basis for her absolutely less than fabulous style decisions. Her dressers really did have, a lot to answer for.

Have also often wondered, as sisters-in-laws and best friends, why Diana didn't take her under her wing, and offer all the resources and personnel that she had at her fingertips. Particularly when she could see the Duchess becoming a laughing stock and being ripped to shreds on a daily basis for her absolutely less than fabulous style decisions.

Well she did lend her some shoes once...... :whistling:

I see that the Wikipedia link states that the house was built on land purchased for the Queen from the Crown Estate. That must be the connection I had in mind before about the Crown Estate owning it.

According to this article in regard to the property "The Queen retained ownership until 2000, four years after the Yorks divorced, when she signed it over to Andrew."
Link to Article
Unfortunately, the article is by The Mail. :lol: Many sources state it was a wedding gift to both of them. I don't see HM saying 'here is a wedding gift for you Andrew, but I retain ownership of the property'.
Who knows, stranger things have happened at sea!

What I never totally understood was that Sarah had Diana as a sister-in-law and as a friend--and she just didn't rub off on her? That boggles my mind. You would think that Diana could have influenced Sarah a bit.
She probably did advise her! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yikes! That was a mistake. :ROFLMAO:

One day she'll surprise us all. She'll appear at an evening event dressed really elegantly, with a nicely cut dress of an appropriate length, not too tight or low cut but still showing off her nice shape, with tasteful accessories and and wearing ordinary stockings and standing up straight, and with her hair worn up in a French roll or something else chic.

:prettyplease:

Yes. And the next thing she will do is starting to dance CanCan....:ROFLMAO:

Andrew did not look embarrassed. He was smiling goofily as usual. As for Sarah's gown, well, as a woman who matured during the '80s, I can state with undeniable horror that we had a rather large and unfortunate affinity for puffy satiny gowns that didn't look good on anyone. I can offer a glimpse of my bridesmaids in my wedding album to anyone that wants to see how poofy satin gowns make fashion disasters of any woman regardless of waist size. I'm amazed that they still talk to me today.:rolleyes:

Yes, but you could get through the 80ties without fashion destasters as well. I was the time when the V-line lived: broad shoulders (polstered, of course), jackets, pullovers going to the hips and end up hip-hugging and tight jeans or trousers or small skirts with high heels. A bit androgyn, I still like the pics that were taken back then.

I married at the registry office in a white dress by Lanvin consisting of a wrapped skirt and a fitting blouse made from silk with a cressboard pattern in white and silver and a jacket purely in white silk with a high collar. I still have the ensemble but of course there is no way I could fit into it...

Time to close this thread and open a new one.
The new thread for Sarah, Duchess of York can be found here.

Thanks to everyone, who contributed! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom