Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 10: November 2007-February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 31.1.2008

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York attends 'The Importance of
Being Earnest', Vaudeville Theatre, London, Britain - 31 Jan 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Stars of To The Manor Born Penelope Keith and Peter Bowles pose
with Sarah Ferguson during the Important of Being Earnest after
party at the Cafe in the Crypt, St.Martin in the Fields, central London:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

With that new hair style she reminds me a lot of the Sarah in the mid 1990s.

What's with her outfit? And where did her make-up go????

That outit makes her look big again. And no make-up!:eek: She could look so much better!

She must have found a sale on ugly patterned stockings!

As for the outfit--it could have worked but the neckline of the blouse was all wrong for the jacket. Poor Sarah, she needs someone to help dress her.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I actually thought Sarah looked younger in that picture. Now I realize the hairstyle from ten years ago gave me that impression.

** Pic 1 *

Oooh. Lots of lines in that one. Time for a trip to the Beverly Hills 90210 plastic surgeon!!! :eek:

Is all I have to say! :D

OOooh. Lots of lines in that one. Time for a trip to the Beverly Hills 90210 plastic surgeon!!! ooh. Lots of lines in that one. Time for a trip to the Beverly Hills 90210 plastic surgeon!!!

Sarah needs her makeup at all times! It's not so much the lines - she always had that "craggy" look- she needs makeup!! At least her teeth are not so yellow looking.

As someone who is passing 40 and having to deal with lines for the first time, can you all be a little kinder to us that are going through this for the first time? Its not an easy experience (and don't get me started on the wildness of grey hair)

As someone who is passing 40 and having to deal with lines for the first time, can you all be a little kinder to us that are going through this for the first time? Its not an easy experience (and don't get me started on the wildness of grey hair)
Amen..on both accounts. :ermm: Grey/white hair and facial lines here too.

I think Sarah's had her hair colored a bit darker? It looks richer than it did the last time I saw her on TV. I like it. That being said--she needs some face color to "warm up" the face a bit.

I've been plucking for a while. And Mr. Russo dyes it when I get frustrated. I have found that baby oil really works wonders for under the eyes. If I had the money, I'd get a face lift in a minute! :D

As someone who is pushing 50 let me just say 1) sorry, and 2) get used to it!

Sarah looks good when she has make-up on but much older and washed out when she doesn't. She always had this look - even when younger so I am not sure it is so much an age issue with her. She simply looks better (IMO) when she is pulled together and has make-up on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think all women do, Judith, unless you're like 18 and have that doe-eyed freshness!
Well y'all know that I'm not a real big fan of Sarah, but I wouldn't wish a fire on anybody! I'm glad nobody was hurt!

Oh, come on, ysbel, be brave. There's a lot to be said for being an eccentric old bat, you know. Sarah doesn't know what she's missing, with this eternal and fruitless pursuit of lost youth.

A fire left from a scented candle---tsk tsk tsk. But, still, I hate that for her.
I don't think we're criticizing that Sarah is getting older and has some lines and gray hair---that happens to us all. In my mind I still look 20 but when I look in the mirror, there is this other person with gray (well, -ish) hair looking back at me. Very hard to stomach--but the point I think we're making here is that Sarah is trying to capture her youth with her trendy behavior. It's time to wear some well-tailored suits, expensive pumps/slingbacks, carry a simple Hermes bag, and pull out some attractive brooches. That is one of my laments about the Duchess--no new jewelery! What a waste. Oh--wait a minute--she's hawking fake diamonds, right? But, that's not what I had in mind.
Anyway--she needs to streamline her look--that begins with a hairstyle, nice makeup, well tailored clothing, nice shoes, nice bag, good accessories. I do think that Sarah has the potential to be quite attractive--right now, she looks washed up

Passing 40, you are a mere babe in arms! :ROFLMAO:
There's a lot to be said for being an eccentric old bat, you know. Sarah doesn't know what she's missing, with this eternal and fruitless pursuit of lost youth
Indeed, but I wonder if she still suffers from the 'when I get to ??, everyone will take me seriously'! :ROFLMAO:

As someone who is pushing 50 let me just say 1) sorry, and 2) get used to it!

Sarah looks good when she has make-up on but much older and washed out when she doesn't. She always had this look - even when younger so I am not sure it is so much an age issue with her. She simply looks better (IMO) when she is pulled together and has make-up on.

Everyone in the world looks better when they are pulled together.

Did Sarah get the tickets to the show for free? Or was it a paid appearance? Good to see her having a jolly good old time and kicking up her heels with the cast from 'To the manor born', no doubt she could probably relate to the characters and their trials and tribulations.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I think she looks great. Very pretty. She doesn't need plastic surgery or alot of make-up. She looks great the way she is. She is aging gracefully and is accepting the woman she is.

WOW!!! I'm glad that she feels comfortable enough with herself that she can not only go out in public w/o makeup, but go to an evening event with no makeup!!!!
what was she thinking? that her new fringe would hide that fact?
I mean seriously, I feel pretty comfortable with myself to go out with out makeup if need be, but in order not to mentally scar innocent little children, I atleast put "a little" makeup on! And that is just to the grocery store!!!
But to an evening event......:eek:
p.s.: Did anyone read the article that she has moved back in with Andrew on a temporary basis because of the fire?

"Everyone in the world looks better when they are pulled together."

I think she looks great. Very pretty. She doesn't need plastic surgery or alot of make-up. She looks great the way she is. She is aging gracefully and is accepting the woman she is.

You are young. Time has been kind. Wait, grasshopper. You will learn. (Sorry - old "Kung Fu" reference.)
29_1_9.gif

Last edited:
She looks washed out--I don't know if its the flash from the cameras or what--but a little foundation or powder wouldn't hurt

Pics 4.2.2008

New pics from yesterday evening, and this time with more make-up ;)

Sarah Ferguson The Duchess of York arrives at the Chain of Hope Annual
Ball held at the Dorchester Hotel on February 4, 2008 in London, England.
by Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I mean seriously, I feel pretty comfortable with myself to go out with out makeup if need be, but in order not to mentally scar innocent little children, I atleast put "a little" makeup on! And that is just to the grocery store!!!
:ROFLMAO:
New pics from yesterday evening, and this time with more make-up
Thank you for the new pictures, quite a nice outfit but I do wish she wouldn't wear black tights. Her legs are fairly thin anyway and they end up looking as if they are sticks, IMO.

I believe she's already had a few nips and tucks.

Thanks for the photos, Ice. She looks very nice in these photos. She's dressed appropriately yet a bit trendy w the coat. Her hair looks fabulous. She appears slim and focused. Very nice.

Some bad news and some good ones for Sarah ;)

First: She nearly burnt her house - it's not funny at all, I'm sorry :D ;)

Really, does one have to set fire to one's house in order to remove in with one's ex?:D

She's looking very nice in that ensemble--but I do agree with Skydragon about the stockings--why always the dark stockings? Not very flattering.

Anyway, I was just over on the DoY's thread and read in an article link where he is being criticized (again) that Sarah only received 300,000 pounds in their divorce settlement and now he's sold their home and gotten 15 million pounds, but isn't sharing. Is it just me, or is that just wrong? I'm very disappointed in Andrew's behavior and I feel quite badly for Sarah. No wonder whe wanted out of this family.

Really, does one have to set fire to one's house in order to remove in with one's ex?:D
That's the question of the day! Well, it's worth a try :D;);)

Here are three more pics from yesterday I found, this time from
inside the hotel, she looks good on these as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom