Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 10: November 2007-February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah is in her annual skiing holidays at the moment,
here's a little article about it :

"Fergie and ex slope off
By Greig Box Turnbull 07/01/2008

Sarah Ferguson was getting close to old flame Paddy McNally yesterday on a ski holiday - back where their romance began.
Fergie, 48, and the Formula 1 advertising tycoon, 65, took to the slopes at Verbier, Switzerland, where McNally has a home.
The pair lived together in the luxury resort before Fergie married Prince Andrew in 1986.
Widower Paddy, whose wife died from cancer in 1980, and Fergie always stayed close pals." ------> Link

Beatrice and Eugenie strike me as almost old-fashioned wall flower types...they dress MUCH too old for girls so young and attractive, IMO.

I think that too. Probably because I'm only a couple years older than them, and compared to people I know their age, they don't seem really independent or confident (also not as rebellious, so I guess it could be a good thing.) It's not just their dress although at times it's that too, it's the things I read about them. Even though they are active in glamorous social circles, Beatrice and Eugenie for some reason strike me as being kind of naive and sheltered. In one way, "old" for their age; in another way, maybe "young."

Sarah was a guest on the TODAY show here in the US this morning as part Weight Watchers spokesperson. It is to promote a new book by WW that Sarah has written the forward for. There is a video clip of her appearance on their website MSNBC - The Today Show - Matt Lauer, Meredith Vieira, Ann Curry, Al Roker, Natalie Morales - News, Celebrities, Recipes, Video, Tips and Advice, Entertainment and Live Concerts -- MSNBC.com Front Page. I didn't see an article accompaying the piece otherwise I would have provided a more direct link. Can't say I was impressed by the hosiery.:ermm: Sadly, someone should have prepped her on the guests accompanying her--as she didn't know some things about the lady. Considering she is Weight Watchers spokesperson it would have looked alot better if she actually knew the woman's story beforehand.

Sarah also discussed the recent comments written in the media about her daughter's appearance and weight.

I think Sarah is a self-serving phoney! Whatever she needs to do to get Her name out there and to keep Herself in the spotlight, she'll do. I didn't see the show today but I heard about it and even die-hard Sarah-phobes said she was not prepared. Hello???? She's all about herself whether she realizes it or not. And no way is Andrew still in love w her. I think he's just a decent guy who did the decent thing by being kind to the mother of his children when the rest of the world was not. I def think if Sarah could weasle her way back into the RF and all that allows, she'd do it in a heartbeat. This woman annoys me to no end!

Pics 17.1.2008

The Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson seen arriving at
a midtown hotel in New York City, 17 Jan 2008:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

What is the deal with those hideous stockings? UGH. Sarah, why do you do this to yourself????? They're not flattering at all:bang::bang:
but, it is also :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks, Ice. I agree, those stockings have to go. What was she thinking?

Those stockings are actually the new fad.

Stockings like that are actually an old fad, too. You just have to be old enough to remember them.:lol: Those rotten lines never sat straight on my legs, so I went for the diamond patterned ones 'cos it didn't matter with them.

Come to think it, Sarah's probably old enough to have worn them last time they were "in". Maybe she saved them. :ROFLMAO:

Sarah's Stockings

I adore the Duchess's stockings! If only she'd worn heels with them.
I've seen her wearing them before to a fashion show with heels and they looked very, very glamorous!

But I am a big fan of the Duchess's legs - they're such an elegant feature! Long may she show them off!
SS

The Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson seen arriving at a midtown hotel in New York City, 17 Jan 2008:
** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Oh my, not those dreaded tights again! :sick: They are not even fashionable! :ohmy:
Stockings like that are actually an old fad, too. You just have to be old enough to remember them.:lol: Those rotten lines never sat straight on my legs, so I went for the diamond patterned ones 'cos it didn't matter with them.
Come to think it, Sarah's probably old enough to have worn them last time they were "in". Maybe she saved them. :ROFLMAO:
Roslyn, perhaps you could send your old Diamond Patterned tights/stockings to Sarah, even they would be an improvement!

Last edited:
The tights amuse me because Sarah is quite capable of dressing simply but stylishly...I've seen her in dark suits and blouses and things with a little bit of extra detail, but nothing outrageous.

But it's like she can never stuff that colourful side of her personality away completely. It has to show up somewhere, and I have no doubt she's figured out she has nice legs so she figures she's going to show them off. :ermm: :lol:

I think they made her legs look heavier and don't suit. The coat also weighed her down--she should've worn one or the other. Those may be cute but they don't really work for her. She's a fun person so of course its bound to come out, but a nice handbag or some bold jewelry would give a much better effect.

It is too bad that she chose those unfortunate-looking stockings. They do not flatter her at all. I like her coat, though. The lining gives it a fun touch.

I find myself wanting to point out to her that the tights/stockings are laddered and offer her some that are less likely to run. :D

Frighteningly, I can remember something similar from the 60's. :eek:

Those stockings are SOOO 80's!!!:lol:

I totally thought the same thing, Russophile! I've not seen these things anywhere--oh, that's right, except on the Duchess of York--a fashion icon :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Any news on Sarah's relationship with the man she was seeing over the Christmas holidays?

Pic 21.1.2008

Here's a pic of Sarah at an event she had on Monday,
she visited the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza "to talk
candidly about her life as part of the British royal family
and her life since her highly publicized marriage ended"

---> Pic
---> Article

The most interesting part is the following one, as the
other comments aren't that new ;)
" In the campaign for U.S. president, Ferguson said, she favors Sen.
Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York. "I really like Hillary a lot. She's been around like me.""

Sarah doesn't use her former status at all, does she? It's really somewhat sad but also annoying.

Here's a pic of Sarah at an event she had on Monday,
she visited the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza "to talk
candidly about her life as part of the British royal family
and her life since her highly publicized marriage ended"

---> Pic
---> Article

The most interesting part is the following one, as the
other comments aren't that new ;)
" In the campaign for U.S. president, Ferguson said, she favors Sen.
Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York. "I really like Hillary a lot. She's been around like me.""
Oh my gosh! I tell ya, that woman just doesn't think does she? Right now Mrs. Clinton is engaged in a smear campaign of Barak Obama headed up by her husband, Bill Clinton. Now, I'm a Republican, but I can live with Barak as President. He's a good, decent, honest man. And he doesn't deserve this from the Clintons' though it's par for their course. Does Sarah really know what she's saying??? :eek:

I think the notion that Obama is being smeared by the Clintons depends a lot on one's political outlook, and we don't permit non-royal-related political discussions because they tend to turn ugly very fast. However, I think, considering that Mrs Clinton seems to have remained faithful to her husband while he went off having affairs left and right, Sarah's comment about Hillary having "been around a lot like me" is rather bewildering. I could see her saying it about Bill Clinton, but Hillary?

Oh my gosh! I tell ya, that woman just doesn't think does she? Right now Mrs. Clinton is engaged in a smear campaign of Barak Obama headed up by her husband, Bill Clinton. Now, I'm a Republican, but I can live with Barak as President. He's a good, decent, honest man. And he doesn't deserve this from the Clintons' though it's par for their course. Does Sarah really know what she's saying??? :eek:

Ditto, Russophile.

So, from Sarah's comment about Hillary having been around like her, can we deduce that Andrew cheated on Sarah? That is something I've not heard before--certainly something I did not expect.

I can't say I follow politics in the US but these bits made me chuckle -

spoke before the nearly sold-out show - Diana and I had the most wonderful friendship, but the press was always comparing us two," she said - The world's children deserve to have the life my children had

Perhaps she didn't listen to the Squidgy tapes and had forgotten that Diana had fallen out with her.

I'm sure the worlds children would be happy to have 1000% of the life her children had! Talk about ditsy land!:bang:

Well, at some point they had the most wonderful (?) friendship. So it's not that it's an inaccurate account, rather, one which forgets to make mention of the dissolution of ties which ensued some years later...:D

If someone could just lift the rug a little while I sweep Sarah's unpleasant memories underneath, that would be great..hehe.

Last edited:
Thanks, Ice. The pic of Sarah is actually pretty decent - no crazy stockings that we can see. I found that comment about H. Clinton and her having been around rather odd, too. Maybe there was more to it.

Does anyone remember a story that one of the major British fashion magazines did on Sarah called "Don't Shoot the Duchess?" It was during her time when she was being "advised" by John Bryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom