Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 10: November 2007-February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before we cast too many aspersions, is there a source for this Princess Michael-Sarah Ferguson tale or is it internet gossip accepted as fact?

Here's an interesting article about airline gossip going around the media world:
Aircrew Buzz: Airline crew gossip about celebrities goes viral!

Airline crew gossip about celebrities goes viral!

And now for something completely different...

This is a story of viral journalism -- the news media analogue of viral marketing -- whereby stories are spread via a self-replicating process around the Internet. Only in this instance, it is viral journalism run amok."

Should make one think...

I don't know how true it is, but my take on the Sarah/Pss Michael incident was that Sarah and her daughters (HM granddaughters) were flying 1st class - or in a better section of 1st class - and Pss Michael and an assistant were flying in the rear of 1st class (I highly doubt Pss Michael would have flown business class regardless of how overbooked a flight was). Pss Michael made a comment to a steward (I guess overheard by other passengers and perhaps Sarah and/or her daughters themselves) that they (including the princesses) should take the rear seats and allow her (Ps. Michael) to go up ahead. I'm not sure what the justification was, if there was any, but I guess she was her typical rude self. I'm not sure if she made a comment about "out-ranking" Sarah, but I remember reading that the York princesses out rank Ps Michael which is probably why she stayed put.

The York Princesses definately outrank Princess Michael--goodness, I hadn't heard the girls were on the flight.
Warren, I have no idea how true it is, or how false it is--but it was interesting.

I have only found reference on another Thread and as not true so I am thinking it is rumor at this point.

Princess Michael was asked about the incident in the August 6th 2000 edition of the Sunday Telagraph magazine which I still have in the house (part of my vast collection of publications with Royals in. My husband says I have no life and he might be right!) Anyway Princess Michael's response to this, and I quote, was, "It was said that I said, "She's (the duchess) not an HRH". I mean, can you believe the tackiness of saying something like that?" Urgh! I don't know where these stories come from".So there you have it, like 99% of the negative stories written about her it was totally made up by the press. I really feel sorry for her as she must be sick of firefighting reports which often seem to be pure lies. The British media have it in for her so she can never win. For the same reason I would take the earring story and indeed most "incidents" which are supposed to have taken place with a massive pinch of salt.

Last edited:
The earring story I read in Princess Michael's bio. and in Sarah Bradford's The Queen. Also in another book titled "Queen Elizabeth II: A woman who is not amused." by Nicholas Davies.

The same clutch of stories appear all the time but it dosn't necessarily make them true. One of the most famous ones is that Princess M said "I'll go anywhere for a free meal". She said the real story behind that one was that a fast food chain had agreed to provide free meals to any Variety Club (a charity which provides for disabled children) coach which stopped at any of it's outlets. The Princess does a lot of work for the charity and was doing work to promote the offer. When someone remarked that she had done well as she had been up and down the country working for the charity she said she would go anywhere to ensure that the children got their free meals but the remark was twisted to make her look like she was grasping. She said herself that when certain stories are repeated often enough about anyone people accept them as fact and it's happened to her loads of times.

Last edited:
Yes, doesn't it sound an awful lot like what Jo said about the viral journalism?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 15.11.2007

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York launches her latest collection
of books for children, Lloyds Pharmacy, Vauxhall, London, Britain
- 15 Nov 2007:

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4

I like the suit--it's a touch low, but overall she looks good and like she's really enjoying herself. That's nice--she is a pretty lady

The suite looks good on her I mean a colour. But isn't her neckline a little bit low?

The suite looks good on her I mean a colour. But isn't her neckline a little bit low?

Yes, her neckline is a bit low. Sarah seems to like low necklines, I think we just have to accept that. :)

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York launches her latest collection
of books for children, Lloyds Pharmacy, Vauxhall, London, Britain
- 15 Nov 2007:

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4
Thanks for the pics, Iceflower. This is going to sound to catty but . . . I think she looks really old in these photos. And tired. Maybe she's just tired. I dunno . . . maybe it's the lighting. She just looks old. And worn out. Her teeth look very unattractive, something I've never noticed about her before. Sorry, but I had to say it.

How does she live besides the Weight Watchers spokesperson and the china spokesperson?
Does she get anything for those books or do they go to charity?

Pics 27.11.2007

Here are the newest pics:
Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, pictured leaving the
Dorchester hotel at around 1am. London. UK. 27/11/2007

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarah was a guest on NBC's TODAY show this morning.
Through tragedy they became friends
Dec. 5: TODAY’s Hoda Kotb reports on the touching story of how the Duchess of York and PJ Allen, a victim of the Oklahoma City bombing, formed a special friendship.

The video of this can be seen on the front page. She was also on during the 10am hour when Tom Parker Bowles cooked a Tripe dish. Video of this can be seen on the front page too.

MSNBC - The Today Show - Matt Lauer, Meredith Vieira, Ann Curry, Al Roker, Natalie Morales - News, Celebrities, Recipes, Video, Tips and Advice, Entertainment and Live Concerts -- MSNBC.com Front Page

You know, I hate to have to say this, but I'm hearing about Sarah telling PJ she thinks about him everyday, they're both talking about how they have a great relationship, they think of her as family, etc....and yet she hasn't seen this boy in FOUR years--and she is always in the States coming out of nightclubs at 1am. I have to say that I think this is just another one of her publicity getting attempts. The story is nice, at first I thought it was just so sweet, but it all seems a little contrived after watching the video-
AND, what is she wearing?? The blouse is too low (shocker) and she has a weird pattern on her hose. You'll see it in the video.

Janet--I have to agree with you about the piece. I had a similar feeling about it not feeling real genuine. Sarah is on periodically and each time the story seems the "same". She was quite animated in the cooking segment.

Pics 6.12.2007

Sarah Ferguson on stage during CNN Heroes: An All-Star Tribute,
a live global broadcast honoring everyday heroes, at the American
Museum of Natural History on December 6, 2007 in New York City

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thank you iceflower, it is really nice of her to support this event, I just wish she had some support for her ample busom. She can look really nice and it is not her worst outfit, but I still think it is an outfit for a younger woman. It looks nice from the front, it is just a little off putting when you see her bits and pieces 'bursting' out of the side. :D

Gee, I wish I had some bits and pieces to burst out! :cool:

Pics 11.12.2007

You're welcome, Skydragon :flowers:

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York , Princess Beatrice and Riley Keough
daughter of Lisa-Marie Presley having dinner at China Tang Restaurant
at The Dorchester Hotel London, England - 12.12.07

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I know that the flashes 'wash' you out, but she looks old and ill! The coat and dress are not her best look for a while.

I was also going to use the term "washed out" to describe Sarah in these photos. Thanks, Ice, btw. Riley K. looks rough for such a young woman (but then, her mom is pretty rough-looking). Who's that heavyset dark-haired guy they're with? Riley's bf? Does anyone know the reason for this dinner? Is Sarah, or Bea, really tight w Riley? Interesting.

The quality of the Daily Mail:
Fergie and the man from Findus ... is it finally success on a plate for the Duchess of York?

The Duchess of York has formed a close friendship with a Norwegian tycoon who owns the frozen food company famed for crispy pancakes.
Sarah Ferguson, 48, has known 40-year-old Findus boss Geir Frantzen for more than a year, although friends say their relationship has deepened in recent months.
- Fergie and the man from Findus ... is it finally success on a plate for the Duchess of York? | the Daily Mail

The problem, Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet reports, is that the picture in question, is of another man by the same name, who have never met Fergie. – Litt sjokkert, men tar det med humor - kjendis.no

norwegianne you have spoiled my day, pointing out that the Mail probably got it wrong..... again! :ROFLMAO:

These latest pics of Fergus really don't do her any favours. They really make her look like a tired old woman desperately trying to cling onto youth, sponging off of her daughters. Oh wait....

Your right that picture of Fergie isn't flattering at all.

Norwegianne who is that child supposed to be in your avatar?

Norwegianne who is that child supposed to be in your avatar?

I know the question wasn't meant for me but I know the answer: Macauley Culkin, in the role of the Home Alone kid (from the movies). :lol:

From Richard Kay's column in The Daily Mail
23 December 2007
READ IT HERE

Fergie's lucky escape from the fake sheikh.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom