Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 10: November 2007-February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Welcome to Sarah, Duchess of York part 9

commencing November 2007

Part 8, covering May to October 2007, can be found here.

°

Sarah (ref. photos from last thread)

Thanks for the photos, Ice. I agree, she looks very nice in these most recent photos. I think the way she has her hair is very flattering.

This is the guy your talking about, right? I don't know, but does anyone else have any idea?
(photo from GettyImages)

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/776...4AD9FDB9CF193E1B8CBC9EE11803D76255312BA816C4E

Caption:
NEW YORK - NOVEMBER 1: The Crown Prince Abdullah of Dubai attends the La Dolce Vita Event in Aid of The Sarah Ferguson Foundation on November 1, 2007 in New York City. (Photo by Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images for The Sarah Ferguson Foundation)

Last edited by a moderator:
This velvet number is certainly better than what she's been wearing--but the top looks a little weird, but she still looks nice!

Pics 6.11.2007

Annie Lennox and Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York attend 2007
Cipriani Wall Street Concert Series Presents Annie Lennox at
Cipriani Wall Street on November 6th, 2007 in New York City.

I'm very sorry that I have to say that, but I think the dress is
the worst dress Sarah has worn for a long long time, it's terrible
especially when she puts her arms around her body like on the
second pic. :ohmy:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I have always loved Annie Lennox! Interesting white hair. Maybe she didn't want to wear the red to clash with the Duchess? :D

I'm very sorry that I have to say that, but I think the dress is the worst dress Sarah has worn for a long long time, it's terrible

:shock: Oh, Sarah! :argh:

It is the dress? Sorry but it looks like the slip you put on before the dress or a nightgown. I agree,iceflower. Not very flattering.

Not a good choice--the sleeves are too full, and frankly, she looks wrinkley (which is not what women want to look like!). Had the neckline been higher on the actual dress not the illusion and maybe been straight across instead of dipping, and the sleeves more fitted--it could have worked. Basically, she needs another gown. THis is the worst we've seen in a while, I completely agree.

Annie Lennox and Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York attend 2007
Cipriani Wall Street Concert Series Presents Annie Lennox at
Cipriani Wall Street on November 6th, 2007 in New York City.

Thanks, Ice. I agree about the dress and the 2nd picture. Hopefully, it's just a temp. slipup - she was doing much better in her choice of attire lately. Sort of ironic how Annie Lennox, who was once such a fashion pioneer known for her controversial costumes, is dressed more conservatively than the mother of two royal princesses.

i wish sarah didn't always feel the need to show so much of herself. her plunging necklines are not doing her any favours and her dresses always appear to be a size too tight. if she raised the neckline a bit and loosened the clothes a tad she'd look much more attractive.

and a lot more appropriate!

Pics 12.11.2007

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York attends the Weight Watchers
2007 Member Award at Bangaloo on November 12, 2007 in Madrid, Spain:
She looks much better than last time, doesn't she? :)

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7

Thanks for the pictures, Iceflower. Yes, Sarah looks much better in these.

I think she looks beautiful in these photos--skin's good, hair's good, outfit good--she looks sophisticated (well, except for the one photo)

BTW, I heard somewhere about an airplane incident that Sarah had with Princes Michael---anyone know anything about that?

Well, I was asking because I wasn't sure how true it was, and I wanted to compare but I read that Sarah and Princess Michael were both on a plane in first class, and Sarah was sitting in a more comfortable section near the front whereas due to a scheduling error or something, Princess Michael was sitting near the back. Apparently, from what I read, Princess Michael saw that Sarah was in a more preferred area of seating, and demanded that Sarah be forced to give up her seat because she was no longer an HRH and she, Princess Michael was.
Don't know if its true, but it makes for an interesting read!

Then she would, indeed, be living up to the "Princess Pushy" nickname! :D

Princess Pushy strikes again! But, I must admit, I do feel a bit sorry for her sometimes--she still doesn't have the RFO and I'm sure Camilla receiving it recently really didn't sit well with Princess Michael.

I dug up something on another forum which said exactly what you did. I'm going to see what else there is.
IMHO, Camilla is more in the spot light than Princess Michael and will deserve it as she is seen more. But, there always is that little incident with the earrings that did sit well with HM!

And did the airline bow to Marie-Christine's demand? I sincerely hope not!

What earring incident? Now, it's your turn to dish!
I read that they did not bow to Marie-Christine's demand--I hope Sarah stood her ground--being treated that way is very unroyal-like!

What earring incident? Now, it's your turn to dish!
That's an old incident. When Prince Michael and Marie-Christine were first married they visited Wallis. Who gave Marie-Christine a pair of her earrings as a gift. And MC displayed them to HM who wasn't amused and MC called her "Aunty Wallis". I don't think HM has forgotten or forgiven. . . but I may be wrong.

I knew about those stunning earrings but I didn't know about "Auntie Wallis"---not the smoothest thing to say to the Queen, I would imagine!

That's an old incident. When Prince Michael and Marie-Christine were first married they visited Wallis. Who gave Marie-Christine a pair of her earrings as a gift. And MC displayed them to HM who wasn't amused and MC called her "Aunty Wallis". I don't think HM has forgotten or forgiven. . . but I may be wrong.

Not a way to endear herself to HM! :ROFLMAO: You'd think Prince Michael would have cautioned his bride about how sensitive the rest of the family was about Aunty Wallis. (ETA) Though if the airplane story about Sarah is true, MC seems rather self-centered.

Last edited:
Before we cast too many aspersions, is there a source for this Princess Michael-Sarah Ferguson tale or is it internet gossip accepted as fact?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom