The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
As someone who is passing 40 and having to deal with lines for the first time, can you all be a little kinder to us that are going through this for the first time? Its not an easy experience (and don't get me started on the wildness of grey hair)
I've been plucking for a while. And Mr. Russo dyes it when I get frustrated. I have found that baby oil really works wonders for under the eyes. If I had the money, I'd get a face lift in a minute!

Old 02-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Some bad news and some good ones for Sarah

First: She nearly burnt her house - it's not funny at all, I'm sorry

Link : Fire at Fergie's home after scented candle left alight in the loo

And she plans to write a new book, number 27, a children's book on manners

Link : Sarah Ferguson Teams With Bestselling Illustrator Robin Preiss Glasser to Publish Children's Book on Manners

Old 02-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Gentry

Quote:
As someone who is passing 40 and having to deal with lines for the first time, can you all be a little kinder to us that are going through this for the first time? Its not an easy experience (and don't get me started on the wildness of grey hair)
As someone who is pushing 50 let me just say 1) sorry, and 2) get used to it!

Sarah looks good when she has make-up on but much older and washed out when she doesn't. She always had this look - even when younger so I am not sure it is so much an age issue with her. She simply looks better (IMO) when she is pulled together and has make-up on.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I think all women do, Judith, unless you're like 18 and have that doe-eyed freshness!
Well y'all know that I'm not a real big fan of Sarah, but I wouldn't wish a fire on anybody! I'm glad nobody was hurt!
Old 02-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Oh, come on, ysbel, be brave. There's a lot to be said for being an eccentric old bat, you know. Sarah doesn't know what she's missing, with this eternal and fruitless pursuit of lost youth.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Royal Highness

A fire left from a scented candle---tsk tsk tsk. But, still, I hate that for her.
I don't think we're criticizing that Sarah is getting older and has some lines and gray hair---that happens to us all. In my mind I still look 20 but when I look in the mirror, there is this other person with gray (well, -ish) hair looking back at me. Very hard to stomach--but the point I think we're making here is that Sarah is trying to capture her youth with her trendy behavior. It's time to wear some well-tailored suits, expensive pumps/slingbacks, carry a simple Hermes bag, and pull out some attractive brooches. That is one of my laments about the Duchess--no new jewelery! What a waste. Oh--wait a minute--she's hawking fake diamonds, right? But, that's not what I had in mind.
Anyway--she needs to streamline her look--that begins with a hairstyle, nice makeup, well tailored clothing, nice shoes, nice bag, good accessories. I do think that Sarah has the potential to be quite attractive--right now, she looks washed up

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
Passing 40, you are a mere babe in arms!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
There's a lot to be said for being an eccentric old bat, you know. Sarah doesn't know what she's missing, with this eternal and fruitless pursuit of lost youth
Indeed, but I wonder if she still suffers from the 'when I get to ??, everyone will take me seriously'!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by judith14011 View Post
As someone who is pushing 50 let me just say 1) sorry, and 2) get used to it!

Sarah looks good when she has make-up on but much older and washed out when she doesn't. She always had this look - even when younger so I am not sure it is so much an age issue with her. She simply looks better (IMO) when she is pulled together and has make-up on.
Everyone in the world looks better when they are pulled together.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:32 AM

Did Sarah get the tickets to the show for free? Or was it a paid appearance? Good to see her having a jolly good old time and kicking up her heels with the cast from 'To the manor born', no doubt she could probably relate to the characters and their trials and tribulations.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York attends 'The Importance of
Being Earnest', Vaudeville Theatre, London, Britain - 31 Jan 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

With that new hair style she reminds me a lot of the Sarah in the mid 1990s.
I think she looks great. Very pretty. She doesn't need plastic surgery or alot of make-up. She looks great the way she is. She is aging gracefully and is accepting the woman she is.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Courtier

WOW!!! I'm glad that she feels comfortable enough with herself that she can not only go out in public w/o makeup, but go to an evening event with no makeup!!!!
what was she thinking? that her new fringe would hide that fact?
I mean seriously, I feel pretty comfortable with myself to go out with out makeup if need be, but in order not to mentally scar innocent little children, I atleast put "a little" makeup on! And that is just to the grocery store!!!
But to an evening event......
p.s.: Did anyone read the article that she has moved back in with Andrew on a temporary basis because of the fire?
Old 02-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Gentry

"Everyone in the world looks better when they are pulled together."

I think she looks great. Very pretty. She doesn't need plastic surgery or alot of make-up. She looks great the way she is. She is aging gracefully and is accepting the woman she is.

You are young. Time has been kind. Wait, grasshopper. You will learn. (Sorry - old "Kung Fu" reference.)
Old 02-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Royal Highness

She looks washed out--I don't know if its the flash from the cameras or what--but a little foundation or powder wouldn't hurt

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-05-2008, 03:32 AM
Administrator

Pics 4.2.2008

New pics from yesterday evening, and this time with more make-up

Sarah Ferguson The Duchess of York arrives at the Chain of Hope Annual
Ball held at the Dorchester Hotel on February 4, 2008 in London, England.
by Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 02-05-2008, 05:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
I mean seriously, I feel pretty comfortable with myself to go out with out makeup if need be, but in order not to mentally scar innocent little children, I atleast put "a little" makeup on! And that is just to the grocery store!!!

Quote:
New pics from yesterday evening, and this time with more make-up
Thank you for the new pictures, quite a nice outfit but I do wish she wouldn't wear black tights. Her legs are fairly thin anyway and they end up looking as if they are sticks, IMO.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt View Post
I believe she's already had a few nips and tucks.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the photos, Ice. She looks very nice in these photos. She's dressed appropriately yet a bit trendy w the coat. Her hair looks fabulous. She appears slim and focused. Very nice.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Some bad news and some good ones for Sarah

First: She nearly burnt her house - it's not funny at all, I'm sorry
Really, does one have to set fire to one's house in order to remove in with one's ex?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Royal Highness

She's looking very nice in that ensemble--but I do agree with Skydragon about the stockings--why always the dark stockings? Not very flattering.

Anyway, I was just over on the DoY's thread and read in an article link where he is being criticized (again) that Sarah only received 300,000 pounds in their divorce settlement and now he's sold their home and gotten 15 million pounds, but isn't sharing. Is it just me, or is that just wrong? I'm very disappointed in Andrew's behavior and I feel quite badly for Sarah. No wonder whe wanted out of this family.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Really, does one have to set fire to one's house in order to remove in with one's ex?
That's the question of the day! Well, it's worth a try

Here are three more pics from yesterday I found, this time from
inside the hotel, she looks good on these as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **