The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Pic 21.1.2008

Here's a pic of Sarah at an event she had on Monday,
she visited the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza "to talk
candidly about her life as part of the British royal family
and her life since her highly publicized marriage ended"

---> Pic
---> Article

The most interesting part is the following one, as the
other comments aren't that new
" In the campaign for U.S. president, Ferguson said, she favors Sen.
Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York. "I really like Hillary a lot. She's been around like me.""

Old 01-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Royal Highness

Sarah doesn't use her former status at all, does she? It's really somewhat sad but also annoying.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 01-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Here's a pic of Sarah at an event she had on Monday,
she visited the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza "to talk
candidly about her life as part of the British royal family
and her life since her highly publicized marriage ended"

---> Pic
---> Article

The most interesting part is the following one, as the
other comments aren't that new
" In the campaign for U.S. president, Ferguson said, she favors Sen.
Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York. "I really like Hillary a lot. She's been around like me.""
Oh my gosh! I tell ya, that woman just doesn't think does she? Right now Mrs. Clinton is engaged in a smear campaign of Barak Obama headed up by her husband, Bill Clinton. Now, I'm a Republican, but I can live with Barak as President. He's a good, decent, honest man. And he doesn't deserve this from the Clintons' though it's par for their course. Does Sarah really know what she's saying???
Old 01-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think the notion that Obama is being smeared by the Clintons depends a lot on one's political outlook, and we don't permit non-royal-related political discussions because they tend to turn ugly very fast. However, I think, considering that Mrs Clinton seems to have remained faithful to her husband while he went off having affairs left and right, Sarah's comment about Hillary having "been around a lot like me" is rather bewildering. I could see her saying it about Bill Clinton, but Hillary?
Old 01-27-2008, 02:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Oh my gosh! I tell ya, that woman just doesn't think does she? Right now Mrs. Clinton is engaged in a smear campaign of Barak Obama headed up by her husband, Bill Clinton. Now, I'm a Republican, but I can live with Barak as President. He's a good, decent, honest man. And he doesn't deserve this from the Clintons' though it's par for their course. Does Sarah really know what she's saying???
Ditto, Russophile.

So, from Sarah's comment about Hillary having been around like her, can we deduce that Andrew cheated on Sarah? That is something I've not heard before--certainly something I did not expect.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 01-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

I can't say I follow politics in the US but these bits made me chuckle -

spoke before the nearly sold-out show - Diana and I had the most wonderful friendship, but the press was always comparing us two," she said - The world's children deserve to have the life my children had

Perhaps she didn't listen to the Squidgy tapes and had forgotten that Diana had fallen out with her.

I'm sure the worlds children would be happy to have 1000% of the life her children had! Talk about ditsy land!
Old 01-27-2008, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, at some point they had the most wonderful (?) friendship. So it's not that it's an inaccurate account, rather, one which forgets to make mention of the dissolution of ties which ensued some years later...

If someone could just lift the rug a little while I sweep Sarah's unpleasant memories underneath, that would be great..hehe.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 01-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks, Ice. The pic of Sarah is actually pretty decent - no crazy stockings that we can see. I found that comment about H. Clinton and her having been around rather odd, too. Maybe there was more to it.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Gentry

Does anyone remember a story that one of the major British fashion magazines did on Sarah called "Don't Shoot the Duchess?" It was during her time when she was being "advised" by John Bryan.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Fire at Sarah Ferguson's home

Here is a link to an article in the Daily Mail about a fire that occurred at the home of Sarah Ferguson:

Fire at Fergie's home after scented candle left alight in the loo | the Daily Mail
Old 02-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Pics 31.1.2008

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York attends 'The Importance of
Being Earnest', Vaudeville Theatre, London, Britain - 31 Jan 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Stars of To The Manor Born Penelope Keith and Peter Bowles pose
with Sarah Ferguson during the Important of Being Earnest after
party at the Cafe in the Crypt, St.Martin in the Fields, central London:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

With that new hair style she reminds me a lot of the Sarah in the mid 1990s.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Courtier

What's with her outfit? And where did her make-up go????
Old 02-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Nobility

That outit makes her look big again. And no make-up! She could look so much better!
Old 02-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Royal Highness

She must have found a sale on ugly patterned stockings!

As for the outfit--it could have worked but the neckline of the blouse was all wrong for the jacket. Poor Sarah, she needs someone to help dress her.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

With that new hair style she reminds me a lot of the Sarah in the mid 1990s.
I actually thought Sarah looked younger in that picture. Now I realize the hairstyle from ten years ago gave me that impression.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York attends 'The Importance of
Being Earnest', Vaudeville Theatre, London, Britain - 31 Jan 2008

** Pic 1 *

Oooh. Lots of lines in that one. Time for a trip to the Beverly Hills 90210 plastic surgeon!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 08:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Is all I have to say!
Old 02-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Gentry

OOooh. Lots of lines in that one. Time for a trip to the Beverly Hills 90210 plastic surgeon!!! ooh. Lots of lines in that one. Time for a trip to the Beverly Hills 90210 plastic surgeon!!!

Sarah needs her makeup at all times! It's not so much the lines - she always had that "craggy" look- she needs makeup!! At least her teeth are not so yellow looking.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

As someone who is passing 40 and having to deal with lines for the first time, can you all be a little kinder to us that are going through this for the first time? Its not an easy experience (and don't get me started on the wildness of grey hair)
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
As someone who is passing 40 and having to deal with lines for the first time, can you all be a little kinder to us that are going through this for the first time? Its not an easy experience (and don't get me started on the wildness of grey hair)
Amen..on both accounts. Grey/white hair and facial lines here too.

I think Sarah's had her hair colored a bit darker? It looks richer than it did the last time I saw her on TV. I like it. That being said--she needs some face color to "warm up" the face a bit.

Closed Thread