Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 1: January 2003-September 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by tiaraprin+Jun 21st, 2004 - 9:12 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tiaraprin @ Jun 21st, 2004 - 9:12 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-corazon@Jun 21st, 2004 - 8:35 pm
QUEEN LETS FERGIE LIVE AT WINDSOR

FERGIE is moving on to the Royal estate at Windsor Castle in an astonishing
gesture of reconciliation by The Queen.

Sarah Duchess of York will have a suite of rooms in ex-hubby Prince Andrew's new
home - leaving no doubt that she has been accepted back into his family.

Our revelation comes a week after Fergie was pictured getting on famously with a
smiling Queen and Andrew at a polo match and proves that her bitter rift with
the Royals is finally over.

The new home, seven- bedroom Royal Lodge on the Windsor Castle estate, was the
Queen Mother's. Andrew inherited it when she died in 2002.

A royal insider said: "Sarah would not be welcome in the Queen Mum's old house
unless the Queen allowed it.

"She has always been fond of her and has kept in close contact with her. She
admires the way Sarah has worked hard and paid off her debts. The Queen also
thinks the Duchess is a very good mother to her children.

"Prince Philip won't be happy, but Sarah is finally back in the royal fold."

I really think Phillip is the last to judge Sarah--he has brought shame to the royal family with his rudeness and he isn't the only one that has had "affairs". Rumors abound to this day about his activities and it makes me mad that he believes himself better.

It is like Sarah said "How come I am the only one who gets caught?" [/b][/quote]
I dont think the Duke has damaged the Royal Family by having rumoured relationships outside his marriage. Yes, he has been rumoured to have affairs, but The Queen has not seemed to care. I think one commentor said it best by saing that The Queen is just too mature of a person to deal with rumours of Her husbands infidelity and at least their marriage has lasted which is something you cant say about Sarah and Andrew (as well as 2 of their other children). And I must say I commend the Duke because he has stuck by his wife's side since the beggining and will be there until he dies and that is what love is, being able to sacrifice yourself for someone else (he gave up an amazing military career he loved to walk 2 steps behind his wife and being forever known as "The Queen's husband"). That is not saying that he isnt rude at times.

And yes, I do beleive Sarah is the only one that got caught, with pictures. Remember Charles and Diana ratted themselves out.

And good for The Queen that She is letting Sarah stay at Windsor.

Let us also remember why Phillip married Elizabeth--he was a penniless prince with no real prospects and Earl Mountbatten wanting his name on the English royal house.

Originally posted by tiaraprin@Jun 21st, 2004 - 9:42 pm
Let us also remember why Phillip married Elizabeth--he was a penniless prince with no real prospects and Earl Mountbatten wanting his name on the English royal house.
This thread is about Sarah, Duchess of York, but it must be said that Philip did have prospects because he was due to become a commander in the navy if I can recall, so what do you mean he had no prospects? Yes he was penniless when he came to Great Britain, but he loved being in the military and his career was taking him places. If He didn't love her, I dont think he would have married her knowing what he was getting himself into. And like it was stated before, at least THEIR marriage has lasted.

Now back to Sarah, does she currently live with Andrew? I know she has been in the U.S. a lot, but where does she stay when in England?

Originally posted by tiaraprin+Jun 21st, 2004 - 3:32 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tiaraprin @ Jun 21st, 2004 - 3:32 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lalla Meriem@Jun 20th, 2004 - 8:00 am
Still HM is my favorite royal because she is a ball buster who takes no crap.
According to what I have read from various authors, they say Her Majesty is quite lenient with her children and does not want or wish to interfere in their private lives--I wouldn't exactly call that a ball buster. Philip does that. [/b][/quote]
I wasn't referring to her children I was referring to her as Queen. She is a powerful women and she does a lot of busting. She knocks Toni Blair of his pedastal quite often it is reported during their meetings.

Originally posted by A.C.C.+Jun 21st, 2004 - 10:03 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (A.C.C. @ Jun 21st, 2004 - 10:03 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tiaraprin@Jun 21st, 2004 - 9:42 pm
This thread is about Sarah, Duchess of York, but it must be said that Philip did have prospects because he was due to become a commander in the navy if I can recall, so what do you mean he had no prospects? Yes he was penniless when he came to Great Britain, but he loved being in the military and his career was taking him places. If He didn't love her, I dont think he would have married her knowing what he was getting himself into. And like it was stated before, at least THEIR marriage has lasted.

Now back to Sarah, does she currently live with Andrew? I know she has been in the U.S. a lot, but where does she stay when in England? [/b][/quote]
Sarah rents a house in the Windsor area.

While the Queen does own the digs or hold them in trust it is old news that Philip calls all the shots considering them. They were actually still using tubs and scrub boards in laundry when he arrived. All the household decisions that aren't delegated to staff are delt with by Philip and that includes who is welcome and who isn't.

I don't think it is so much Andrew refusing to let go as it is Sarah refusing to leave the scene. After all, the ex-wife a Prince is only worth as much money for endorsements as she is connected. I don't think anyone can deny that Sarah has made (and continues to do so) her living by selling herself based entirely on her status as Andrew's ex-wife. Neither weight watchers nor Wedgewood would be interested in her if she weren't the royal ex-wife. Andrew should get 10%. Perhaps Andrew does allow her too much power over his life but she enjoys it.

Sarah just announced a few weeks ago that she would be living in the US because she spends most of her time there. I assume her RL digs are her Euro base and she just bought that other posh pad not to long ago. She lived in Italy when she was with the Count (though I can't remember where his wife lived).

I think every person we know has an incalculable affect on our lives. We may pretend they don't but they do. Being the child of divorced parents I know too well the affect each parent (and their new partner) have on the family(ies) even when they aren't trying. It's even more apparent to me now as an adult dealing with ex-wives.

I don't think either of them has moved on not even Sarah. She clings to him because of her career and he clings because she allows it and benefits from it. Andrew needed a mother figure and Sarah seems more of that than an ex-wife.

I take Ingrid Seward with a grain of salt. But, I'd rather not get into Seward here.

Marina certainly made numerous mistakes. No doubt. Anyone else remember the nude pictures - wearing a tiara sitting on a throne. However, I won't fault her for marring the man she loved or for trying to follow her dreams. If half of what she said about her upbringing are true then I think her parents should be partly to blame.

Princess Alexandra and Sir Angus shouldn't support their children even if they were from a generation that did. They may have the funds but still..... a little help every now and then is one thing.

Even though Marina is on public assistance I think she is doing better now than when she was married to Mowatt or before.

I think everyone we come in contact has an affect on our lives, but we can choose to not let something bother us. Someone does something to you; you can rehash it over and over again, or you can say that it's not worth the bother and move on.

Philip doesn't call all the shots. He couldn't get rid of Bobo. And he never went up against the great triumvirate of EIIR, ER and Margaret. SOmeone once said he was intimidated by how close the three were. He may have a lot of control, but at the end of the day, they both know it's her house and she has final say. Otherwise, Sarah wouldn't have been at the joint birthday bash in 2000 or at Sandringham every Christmas, or at Windsor this past weekend.

Andrew can force Sarah out of the house. He chooses not to do that. She has more money than him and can certainly buy her own place, but he lets her stay there anyways. If she isn't leaving, he has to accept some blame for that.

I'm sure a lot of Marina's childhood affected her behavior later in life. But her brother had the same childhood and turned out fine. Either way, she should have moved on, for her children's sakes, if not her own.

One of Marina's friends said that everything in Marina's life was fine until she met Mowatt, and I agree with that. She had jobs, was making money and supporting herself. She got involved with him, and began to go downhill. Her problems date back to when she got involved with him. She may have had a troubled childhood, but she was a functioning member of society and was living her own life.

I don't think Alexandra and Angus really can afford to help. They certainly can't afford to pay her bills, because they've got bills of their own. I suppose she could have moved back home for a while, to save some money til she got back on her feet. That's what one of my sister's did, but not every family can handle having an adult child and grandchildren in the house again.

It is hard to move past the physical and emotional abuse Marina is said to have suffered to Mowatt's hands and the treatment she recieved from her parents hasn't helped much. I doubt she was ever given the chance to return home.

I don't think Andrew is rehashing his relationship. Those close to him say he is still very hurt by Sarah's humiliation and betrayal of him. He isn't the kind of man to force her out. I honestly don't think he expected her to say a decade when he offered her a place to stay. With that said I think Sarah should have gotten out on her own.

Philip does call all the shots in the house. Philip was also close to the QM. He never tried to keep Sarah off the estate he only didn't want her in the house with the family. She was at Sandringham every Christmas since the year before her marriage, but she hasn't been to the main house since her separation. He didn't want her to be included in the "royal" gathering because of her actions toward his son. I can't blame him for that. The party was also Andrew's birthday party he invited his own guests.

Philip was also close to the QM.

Not what I've ever heard, quite the contrary. Some people even say they never spoke to each other out of the public eye for years. The reasons seem obvious.

It is like Sarah said "How come I am the only one who gets caught?"

This is quite true. It's known as "double standards". Also, one standard for a woman married into the royal family versus a man born of the royal family. Someone has stated in this thread that the "British monarchy wasn't damaged by Andrew's affairs with women". Meaning what? That only Sarah's toe-sucking rocked everyone's world? I don't think so, and most ordinary people just would laugh at that. She probably knew about Koo Stark, Vicki Hodge and the rest of them before during and since.

Originally posted by tiaraprin@Jun 21st, 2004 - 9:42 pm
I would not use the term penniless to describe Philip. He certainly was not a millionaire but he did have a modest in come. Contrary to what most believe, Lord Mountbatten had little to do with Philip in the 1930s. It was Louis' older brother, Lord MIlford Haven, who paid for Philip's schooling, and was his guardian. It was George, who had a successful naval career before heading into business, who gave Philip the push toward the Royal Navy.

George's wife, Nada (nee Countess Nada Torby) was the younger sister of Lady Zia Wernher, who was rather close to their cousin, the Duchess of Kent, who hosted (Philip -- her cousin - and Elizabeth.) Philip was also close to Zia, as her son, Alex, was his best friend, and her daughters, Georgina and Marilyn, remain among the Queen's best friends. The Queen attended Lady Zia's memorial service, a rarity for the queen.

The Queen Mother was not fond of the Wernhers, but Princess Elizabeth was - and their role in the Romance should not be discounted.

Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 1:39 pm
Sarah just announced a few weeks ago that she would be living in the US because she spends most of her time there. I assume her RL digs are her Euro base and she just bought that other posh pad not to long ago. She lived in Italy when she was with the Count (though I can't remember where his wife lived).

IMarina certainly made numerous mistakes. No doubt. Anyone else remember the nude pictures - wearing a tiara sitting on a throne. However, I won't fault her for marring the man she loved or for trying to follow her dreams. If half of what she said about her upbringing are true then I think her parents should be partly to blame.

Princess Alexandra and Sir Angus shouldn't support their children even if they were from a generation that did. They may have the funds but still..... a little help every now and then is one thing.

Even though Marina is on public assistance I think she is doing better now than when she was married to Mowatt or before.
I always skeptical of articles in The Sunday People and other tabloid newspapers. Sarah has been living in a rented house in the Windsor area for several years. She had bought some months ago a home in the area -- with the money from the divorce that was placed in trust to use to by a home for the princesses. However, she never moved into the house, and has since decided to put it up for sale. In an interview with an American magazine, she said she was considering buying a home in the US (in the country) as she expected to spend more time here. (The girls are gone for most of the year at boarding school.)

Marina was not nude - she was wearing leather ... I have the photo in front of me (from an interview with her.)

Her husband physically abused her, and threatened her. Marina was finally able to leave Paul. The Queen offered her sanctuary in a home on the Windsor estate -- where Paul could not get to her. Later she moved to rented home where she received public assistance (the home was on the estate - but the queen did not get the rental money.) Marina has reconciled with her parents, and has attended several royal events including Edward's wedding.

Originally posted by Julian@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 7:30 pm
Philip was also close to the QM.

Not what I've ever heard, quite the contrary. Some people even say they never spoke to each other out of the public eye for years. The reasons seem obvious.
It has been written that the Queen Mum never approved of Philip. She didn't want Earl Mountbatten getting so close to the throne through Philip. She also wanted Elizabeth to marry into the aristocracy to make her position as an aristocrat marrying into royalty more acceptable. The Queen Mum was often abused by Marina, the Duchess of Kent, who called her and Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester as those "Common, little Scots girls."

The rift supposedly widened when the Queen Mum heard of Philip's "affairs" and their "effects" on her dear Lilibet.

:flower I THINK SARAH AND ANDREW ARE GOING TO BE GETTING MARRIED AGAIN. AND I WILL BE SO GLAD, BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE PRINCE PHILLIP AND THE OTHER UPPER CREST GAVE SARAH A HARD TIME. BUT THIS TIME ANDREW WILL BE THERE TO PROTECT SARAH SINCE HE IS NO LONGER IN THE NAVY.

Sophie

Andrew and Sarah are not going to get married again. They live largely separate lives, and Sarah spends most of her time in the USA.

I think you mean the Upper Crust, rather than crest.

Sarah has no desire to rejoin the royal family. She has her own life, and career. Andrew has dated various ladies.

Originally posted by sophie@Jun 25th, 2004 - 3:07 pm
:flower I THINK SARAH AND ANDREW ARE GOING TO BE GETTING MARRIED AGAIN. AND I WILL BE SO GLAD, BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE PRINCE PHILLIP AND THE OTHER UPPER CREST GAVE SARAH A HARD TIME. BUT THIS TIME ANDREW WILL BE THERE TO PROTECT SARAH SINCE HE IS NO LONGER IN THE NAVY.
Sophie, I must concur with Marlene on this one. They will not remarry. Sarah is happy being independent from the Royals, and Andrew has moved on in his life as well. It is wonderful that they can remain good friends and raise their children. I believe that is all it will be.

I think that this whole debate is very interesting but rather irrelevent. Prince Andrew derives his status from being the child of the monarch but she is almost eighty and when she dies the media spotlight will completely fall on Charles and his sons. If Andrew was thought to be an amiable "nice guy" he would possibly still have some role to play but he is generally perceived as a pompous and rude man. It was reported in newspapers that the Public Accounts Committee found that he has spent £300.000 on golfing engagements in Britain in the last twelve months. Most of these have been "dressed up" as engagements but he has never hidden his love of the sport and is really irritating the majority of hard working tax payers like myself. If the Monarchy is to survive it will have to rid itself of liabilities like the Duke of York.

Fergie to appear on fourth 'I'm A Celeb'?

The Duchess of York is in talks to appear in the fourth series of I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!, according to the Sunday Mirror today.

"Fergie's upper-class ways would really spice things up," an ITV insider told the newspaper. "The other contestants would either love her or hate her. It would be great TV.

"And who knows - she might even let slip some Royal secrets."

The newspaper claims that Olympic Gold medallist Kelly Holmes is also being lined up to appear in the new series.

Other rumours suggest that some past contestants will be returning to the jungle, when the show returns in November.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds15611.html

I don't think Sarah should do the "I'm a Celebrity,get me out of here". I think it would her image as a serious humanitarian.:)

i don't think she's gonna do "i'm a celebrity...". someone in the Sarah Ferguson yahoo group said she had spoken with Sarah's spokesperson and that he/she had told her that Sarah will not do "i'm a celebrity..."

i think it's better that she doesn't do it too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom