Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 1: January 2003-September 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Mandy@Aug 30th, 2003 - 12:22 am
Nice pictures Martine. Sarah looks really great! Thanks for posting! :flower:
no problem :) I just love this messageboard. it's the best !

http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/story/s....asp?stid=12103

the cover of Vogue is Fergie at her best!!!! :flower:

The Article from the Vogue link above:

"SO do you think it's funny that the Duchess of Pork is a style icon?" Appearing on the cover of the Sunday Times' Style supplement, the Duchess of York wears a Sixties-style Dolce & Gabbana mini dress and attempts to dispel her overweight, frizzy haired image of ten years ago once and for all. "I'm lucky that people have a negative conception of me," she says. "I can only look nice after that." Having worked non-stop to pay off her £4 million debts and lost four 4 stone, the Duchess is now credited with turning around the fortune of the previously ailing Weight Watchers company, regarded as a style ambassador for Dolce & Gabbana and even being considered as the new "face" of a big French fashion house. And next month she will host a charity auction of bandannas designed by the likes of John Galliano and Alexander McQueen. So having conquered her financial problems, won the weight debate and even completed the full circle to be back in the good books of the great British press, what does she want to do next? Having shared a house with her ex-husband, Prince Andrew, until recently, Fergie now lives in a rented, four-bedroomed house down the road in Surrey. And now she'd like to love again. "If this doesn't get me a man," she says of the black and white number, "nothing will." (September 1 2003, AM)

4 SEPTEMBER 2003
With Weight Watchers spokesperson, chat show host and, of course, British royal, among her endeavours, Sarah, Duchess of York is set to add another item to her CV.

Prince Andrew's former spouse is going to be a radio DJ, taking an on-air spot on Radio 2's Steve Wright show next week.

"She was a guest of Steve's last year, and she enjoyed it so much she's come back to co-host the show," confirmed a BBC spokesperson. "And that will include helping with the interviews." During her stint, which will last from Tuesday to Thursday, the flame-haired royal's celebrity guests will include entertainer Cilla Black and Irish boy band Westlife.

Meanwhile, the Duchess' US chat show, which had been set to start this autumn, has apparently been postponed. Though in a recent interview, Sarah implied the project might be shelved for good – "It might have been too much for me, and I don't think I could bear to spend more than five days apart from my children," she said in June – a spokesperson for the programme said the series may still air in 2004.

www.hellomagazine.com

Duchess of York Pays $1 Million (Pounds) for New Home

9 SEPTEMBER 2003
The Duchess of York has splashed out an estimated £1 million on a new home in Surrey. The purchase means that she will be moving out of the rented house in Windlesham where she has been living for the past 18 months.

Her new home has its own outdoor swimming pool and commands magnificent views over the South Downs. The four-bedroom property is in need of extensive refurbishment, however, so the Duchess may have to wait a few months more before taking up residence.

After her divorce from Andrew, Sarah continued to live at his Sunninghill Park mansion for some years. She has since revelled in living on her own, however, and says her daughters also enjoy the normality of living in a smaller property. "They feel comfortable in my house," she said. "They like to put the plates in the dishwasher. All those things that we would do in a normal way – they haven't had that."

Last year she also bought a £1 million estate in Tuscany, which includes several holiday cottages which she rents out. Prince Andrew has meanwhile put the Sunninghill estate up for sale for an estimated £10 million. Apparently he wants the money to pay for a £3 million refurbishment of Royal Lodge in Windsor, which he inherited when the Queen Mother died.

Attachments

• fergie_dop1a.jpg
    fergie_dop1a.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 775
IBL - Mandatory Credit: Photo By GLENN HARVEY/REX FEATURES Wareham House WAREHAM HOUSE,THE NEW HOME OF SARAH DUCHESS OF YORK, BROOK, SURREY, BRITAIN - 2003 --FERGIE BUYS £1 MILLION COUNTRY HOME, BUT IT'S NOT FIT TO LIVE IN-- 427238/XXG

Attachments

• home_1.jpg
    home_1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 621
  • home_2.jpg
    home_2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 608
  • home_3.jpg
    home_3.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 539
  • home_4.jpg
    home_4.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 577
  • home_5.jpg
    home_5.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 544
  • home_6.jpg
    home_6.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 548
  • home_7.jpg
    home_7.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 627
  • home_9.jpg
    home_9.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 540
  • home_9b.jpg
    home_9b.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 620
  • home_9f.jpg
    home_9f.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 550
Last edited by a moderator:
IBL - Mandatory Credit: Photo By GLENN HARVEY/REX FEATURES Wareham House WAREHAM HOUSE,THE NEW HOME OF SARAH DUCHESS OF YORK, BROOK, SURREY, BRITAIN - 2003 --FERGIE BUYS £1 MILLION COUNTRY HOME, BUT IT'S NOT FIT TO LIVE IN-- 427238/XXG

Attachments

• home_8.jpg
    home_8.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 516
  • home_9a.jpg
    home_9a.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 540
  • home_9d.jpg
    home_9d.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 550
  • home_9c.jpg
    home_9c.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 787
  • home_9e.jpg
    home_9e.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 525
'Weathergirl' radio debut for Duchess

The Duchess of York lent a royal air to Radio 2 when she joined DJ Steve Wright's show as a member of his afternoon posse.

Wright had invited her to come in and try her hand at interviewing and presenting after a recent guest spot on the programme.

But her first job was rather more mundane - reading out the afternoon's weather. The 43-year-old duchess managed the task without fluffing her lines.

During the three-hour show she also read out a string of jokey "factoids" and chipped in during an interview with Cilla Black.

When Wright asked her to dedicate a record to someone, she chose Dean Martin's Gentle On My Mind for two male friends she calls The Bears.

Fergie will be with the show for the next two days, when guests include Lord Attenborough and Westlife. Her radio debut is the duchess's latest attempt to forge a career in the public eye.

She fought back from the brink of bankruptcy following her split from the Duke of York and her jobs since have included advertising cranberry juice and Wedgwood China in America, interviewing celebrities for Hello! magazine and becoming a "special correspondent" for a US current affairs show.

Her British chat show, Sky One's Sarah - Surviving Life, was panned by the critics and dropped after one series. For the past few years she has earned a reported £1 million a year as a US ambassador for WeightWatchers.

Story filed: 19:40 Tuesday 9th September 2003

Thank you for posting those photos. I love that house! It reminds me of Jane Austen homes.

Polfoto 09-09-2003 Sarah, Duchess of York, departs a charity auction of designer bandanna's in aid of The Teenage Cancer Trust, of which the Duchess is Patron, today Tuesday September 9th 2003, in Knightsbridge London. The Duchess's outfit is designed by Dolce and Gabbana PA Photo: Fiona Hanson

IBL - Mandatory Credit: Photo By REX FEATURES SARAH, DUCHESS OF YORK TEENAGE CANCER TRUST BANDANNA AUCTION AT THE COLLECTION, BROMPTON ROAD, LONDON, BRITAIN - 09 SEP 2003 427539/ACP

IBL - Mandatory Credit: Photo By REX FEATURES SARAH, DUCHESS OF YORK TEENAGE CANCER TRUST BANDANNA AUCTION AT THE COLLECTION, BROMPTON ROAD, LONDON, BRITAIN - 09 SEP 2003 427539/ACP

Sarah certainly is wearing a lot of make up here, isn't she? I know it was an evening event and all, but still ...

Attachments

• fergie.jpg
    fergie.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 319
  • fergie_1.jpg
    fergie_1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 792
  • fergie_2.jpg
    fergie_2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 693
Duchess of York Teenage Cancer Trust Auction
Sarah, Duchess of York as Patron attending an auction of designer bandanna at The Collection restaurant in aid of The Teenage Cancer Trust.

http://pro.corbis.com

Sarah, Duchess of York as Patron attending an auction of designer bandanna at The Collection restaurant in aid of The Teenage Cancer Trust.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 305
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 348
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 286
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 256
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 329
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 314
1,2.Polfoto 23-09-2003 NYP2003092359 - NEW YORK, NEW YORK, USA - SEPT. 23 (UPI) -- Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, signs copies of her book "Little Red" at Barnes & Noble, Rockefeller Center in New York on September 23, 2003. LC/LAURA CAVANAUGH UPI

3-5.Polfoto 24-09-2003 Sep 24, 2003; New York, NY, USA; SARAH 'Fergie' FERGUSON the Duchess of York arrives at he 'AOL concert for Schools' in Central Park which featured a performance in the park by Dave Matthews. Mandatory Credit: Photo by Rahav Segev/ZUMA Press. (©) Copyright 2003 by Rahav Segev

Attachments

• book.jpg
    book.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 227
  • little_red.jpg
    little_red.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 230
  • EN_fergie_503.jpg
    EN_fergie_503.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 234
  • EN_fergie_503a.jpg
    EN_fergie_503a.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 253
  • EN_fergie_503b.jpg
    EN_fergie_503b.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 243
Former dresser loses appeal

The Duchess of York's former dresser Jane Andrews has lost her appeal against her murder conviction for killing her lover.

Andrews, 36, is serving life for killing lover Tommy Cressman in 2000.

Lawyers for Andrews had urged the Court of Appeal to order a retrial so that a new jury could hear the fresh psychiatric evidence and decide whether she was in a state of diminished responsibility when she killed Mr Cressman and was therefore guilty of manslaughter, not murder.

The Court of Appeal in London refused to take account of fresh psychiatric evidence which, the defence claimed, showed that Andrews was suffering from a borderline personality disorder as a result of being sexually abused as a child.

There was no reaction from Andrews as three judges dismissed her appeal after one-and-half days of legal argument.

She simply stood, turned and walked through the door at the rear of the dock with a prison officer.

You can really tell which pictures are from the eighties.. But thank you for sharing the pictures of the Duchess!

London, England - Sarah Ferguson at the Designer Bandanna Auction 2003. Photo: Famous

Attachments

• sarah1.jpg
    sarah1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 436
  • sarah2.jpg
    sarah2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 497
  • Sarah3.jpg
    Sarah3.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 522
  • sarah4.jpg
    sarah4.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 486
  • sarah5.jpg
    sarah5.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 432
  • sarah6.jpg
    sarah6.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 601
1-3. 09/23/2003. Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, signs copies of her book "Little Red" at Barnes and Noble, Rockefeller Center in New York © Laura Cavanaugh/ UPI/ Gamma 744432
www.ibl.se

4-9. September photo shoot.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 341
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 283
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 251
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 386
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 393
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 360
  • sarah1.jpg
    sarah1.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 687
  • sarah2.jpg
    sarah2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 622
  • sarah3.jpg
    sarah3.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 703
SARAH FERGUSON, DUCHESS OF YORK LAUNCHING NEW DRUGS AWARENESS WEBSITE FOR PRIMARY SCHOOLCHILDREN FOR HER CHARITY 'CHILDREN IN CRISIS', MYATT GARDEN PRIMARY SCHOOL, LONDON, BRITAIN - 02 OCT 2003

www.ibl.se

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 523
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 543
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 527
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 515
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 602
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 534
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 518
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 513
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 441
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 551
SARAH FERGUSON, Duchess of York attends "Children in Crisis" event, Teatro Smeraldo, Milan_29/09/03

www.ibl.se

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 626
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 698
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 553
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 472
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 474
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 516
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 420
Polfoto 02-10-2003 The Duchess of York visits Myatt Garden Primary School in New Cross, south-east London, Thursday October 2, 2003, where she was launching a new drugs awareness website for primary schoolchildren. The website, www.udside.co.uk, aims help children develop the skills and confidence needed to resist the pressure to experiment with drugs, alcohol, tobacco and solvents. Watch for PA story. PA Photo: Johnny Green.

Attachments

• fergie.jpg
    fergie.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 251
Originally posted by Alexandria@Oct 2nd, 2003 - 6:21 pm
Polfoto 02-10-2003 NATIONAL PICTURES. THE DUCHESS OF YORK OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED WWW.UDSIDE.CO.UK. A NEW WEB-BASED RESOURCE FOR SCHOOLS THAT HELPS CHILDREN DEVELOP THE SKILLS AND CONFIDENCE TO COMBAT EXPERIMENTING WITH DRUGS, ALCOHOL, TOBACCO AND SOLVENTS. THE LAUNCH WAS AT MYATT GARDEN PRIMARY SCHOOL IN LONDON SE4.02.09.03. PH GRETEL ENSIGNIA.
ok this probably just me but this second pic freaked me out ! :p I looks very weird at first :wacko:

Polfoto 02-10-2003 NATIONAL PICTURES. THE DUCHESS OF YORK OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED WWW.UDSIDE.CO.UK. A NEW WEB-BASED RESOURCE FOR SCHOOLS THAT HELPS CHILDREN DEVELOP THE SKILLS AND CONFIDENCE TO COMBAT EXPERIMENTING WITH DRUGS, ALCOHOL, TOBACCO AND SOLVENTS. THE LAUNCH WAS AT MYATT GARDEN PRIMARY SCHOOL IN LONDON SE4.02.09.03. PH GRETEL ENSIGNIA.

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 234
Sarah was featured in "written in the stars" on the hello! site

SARAH FERGUSON
Sarah Ferguson was inspired to write her Budgie The Little Helicopter series after training to be a pilot. The books follow the adventures of Budgie, the smallest helicopter in the hangar, who has a knack for getting into scrapes. The Duchess has also branched out into writing for older children. In Bright Lights a British princess called Amanda takes a trip to New York and finds herself hunting down the villains behind a series of robberies, while The Royal Switch sees our heroine caught up in a case of mistaken identity.

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 488
Why does she style herself HRH The Duchess of York? Why wouldn't she put Sarah Ferguson? People wouldn't want to read a book with an author with a title. Geez, why did she keep her title? I mean she divorced Andrew, what if Andrew remarries? Would she still have a title? Or would both of them have the Duchess of York title?

AAAAAAAAH, she seems to value her title a lot. A lot, a lot.

Originally posted by moosey60@Oct 3rd, 2003 - 8:47 pm
Why does she style herself HRH The Duchess of York? Why wouldn't she put Sarah Ferguson? People wouldn't want to read a book with an author with a title. Geez, why did she keep her title? I mean she divorced Andrew, what if Andrew remarries? Would she still have a title? Or would both of them have the Duchess of York title?

yes she kept stripped title!

she still Sarah, Duchess of York after divorces! same Diana, Princess of Wales got stripped title also! that why I knew her names is still is Diana, Princess of Wales because Her Majesty the Queen 2 order divorces from Princess Diana for interview what their done! and also Sarah,Duchess of York also!

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by moosey60@Oct 3rd, 2003 - 8:47 pm

She wrote the "Budgie" books before she dicorced , she lost the HRH title when she divorced Andrew in 1996.

On her new book ( Moments and Little red) is written : Sarah Ferguson , Duchess of York.

She is still Duchess of York so she can use that title , she not a HRH anymore.

If Andrew would marry someone else , that person would become THE Duchess of York

Oh...thanks for clearing that up.

But why does she still have the 'Duchess' title? It seems to be that she should've lost both of them with her divorce. I don't know...It seems like she's the royal that's been abusing her title, you know..using it with the Weight Watcher's stuff...public things, what's wrong with being plain Ms. Sarah Ferguson? :huh:

Originally posted by moosey60@Oct 4th, 2003 - 6:48 pm
Oh...thanks for clearing that up.

But why does she still have the 'Duchess' title? It seems to be that she should've lost both of them with her divorce. I don't know...It seems like she's the royal that's been abusing her title, you know..using it with the Weight Watcher's stuff...public things, what's wrong with being plain Ms. Sarah Ferguson? :huh:
I think the "Duchess of York" title was kinda like a little "present" for her with her divorce.
but you're right , she is using it a lot , i think as "ms Sarah Ferguson" she won't have as much success , i think in the us the "duchess" title allows people to believe she's royalty in an easier way , americans love royalty

SARAH FERGUSON - 20031002

colourpress.com

London,.Great Britain -Her Royal Highness The Duchess Of York launch of New Drugs Awareness Website Myatt Garden Primary school in Rokeby Road Fergusson, Fergie, headshot, portrait. Photo: Capital Pictures

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 465
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 459
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 375
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg