Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 12: July-October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck is she wearing? That is one of the most unflattering looks I've ever seen on Sarah (and there are a lot choose from). Picture 4 especially--I at first thought she was holding something up in front of her. GHASTLY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes! :eek: There are two splits in that skirt! And as for that black and white satin top: :blink:. Add the long, limp hair, apparent lack of makeup, and slouch and the result is not a good look. She needs a stylist, a hairdresser, and a deportment class or two.

I'm the very last person who should be criticising how someone looks and dresses, but people don't want to photograph me and publish my picture in magazines. If they did I would make an effort. Sarah must either lack the ability to discern whether or not she looks good, or doesn't care.

Goodness!!!! It looks like a playboy bunny's suit in extra-extra large size. She has gained some weight and in photo number 4 she looks a bit sloshed.:eek:
She has never been a beauty but she can look elegant if she tries........:bang:

Oh My, my first thought was that she was pregnant (sorry Sarah). I think the camera angle has contributed to the unflattering look, but the outfit is yet another disaster. Still if she is happy with the look and her boyfriend is, who are we to comment? :whistling:

Oop's she did it again :whistling:
Poor Sarah...............I'm trying to think of something positive to say but it's just not happening.

Obvious self confidence anyway. At least she seems happy.

it does look like she's put some weight back on doesn't it. the flats don't do her any favours either.

it does look like she's put some weight back on doesn't it. the flats don't do her any favours either.

I thought so too. Now with a bit of imagination, if this dress/ensemble was all in black (sans slits) with a pair of high heel pumps and an updo, she'd look 100% better that these pictures.

That slit is also entirely too high up her thigh in that first picture and Duchess is correct--those flats are not helping her at all. I've not really seen where those ballet shoe flats work for anyone who isn't very young. It looks all wrong--a lady of her means with her high profile should play up her fashion sensibilities with a kitten heel at least!

Duchess of York - Fergie - arrives at memorial service for Mullany

There's good footage online of Fergy arriving at Llandaff Cathedral in Cardiff at...

Wales - News Extra - In-depth news and features for Wales

Fergy knew the couple so has attended the service at which she will read a poem.

More footage will follow later.

Pics from Getty
Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York arrives at the Memorial Service for murdered honeymooners Ben and Catherine Mullany at Llandaff Cathedral on September 10, 2008 in Cardiff, Wales.
Image Results

Thahks for the links Gav23 and giov. Murdered honeymooners? What happened to them? Do you know from where Sarah knew them?

Thahks for the links Gav23 and giov. Murdered honeymooners? What happened to them? Do you know from where Sarah knew them?
The picture captions explain:

"Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York...leaves the Memorial Service for murdered honeymooners Ben and Catherine Mullany...at Llandaff Cathedral on September 10 2008 in Cardiff, Wales. The couple, both aged 31, were shot dead while on their honeymoon in Antigua on July 27. Sarah Ferguson met the parents of the couple on a airplane and has pledged to help the family and their charity set up in their children's memory."

I've taken out a couple of posts that concentrated on Sarah's fashion choices beginning with her wedding and pregnancies. As well as being off-topic I found the context somewhat offputting following as they did straight after two posts about Sarah attending the funeral of a couple who were murdered on their honeymoon.

Warren
British Forums moderator

OK Warren, but she did look chic at the funeral and it was nice of her to help the parents but I think Sarah has always been a nice person. It was a terrible murder. I was wondering how she knew the parents. A young doctor and her husband killed for money, a really tragic loss for all and to think that the very next day they should have been back home.

The picture captions explain:

"Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York...leaves the Memorial Service for murdered honeymooners Ben and Catherine Mullany...at Llandaff Cathedral on September 10 2008 in Cardiff, Wales. The couple, both aged 31, were shot dead while on their honeymoon in Antigua on July 27. Sarah Ferguson met the parents of the couple on a airplane and has pledged to help the family and their charity set up in their children's memory."

How horrible!!! Thanks, Warren. I didn't notice the caption. What a sad story.

Thanks giov. This explains alot. I think Sarah is being sincere in her feelings about being a mum and not being able to imagine something like this. The part about the parents receiving the postcards after the murders was incredibly sad.

Bella, CNN carried a lot of the articles. I am trying to find their stories but I'm having a bit of trouble. You can look on cnn.com

Sarah might not be to everyone's taste (including mine, usually), but I do believe that she has a kind heart. Some of her impulsive nature comes out in impulsive kindness--and who could possibly fault her for that? :flowers:

Bella, CNN carried a lot of the articles. I am trying to find their stories but I'm having a bit of trouble. You can look on cnn.com
Thank you, Russophile! It's just so tragic! I can't imagine how their families must feel.

I agree w Mermaid that Sarah has a kind heart. I've always thought she was very genuine about alot of things.

Thanks, as alwys, giov, for another link!

I never thought Sarah had a mean bone in her body. She is too impulsive and strong willed at the same time to make a good royal wife. But as a human being I am sure she is quite kind.
That tragedy of the young couple coupled with the loss of the little girl in Portugal and the disappearance of the student from Alabama in Aruba, highlight how sometimes a vacation can turn into tragedy. What a pity.

Sarah and Eugenie attended the birthday party of Maya, sister
of Princess Gloria of Thurn und Taxis in Regensburg, Germany,
September 6, 2008. All guests had to wear something red :)

----> Sarah & Eugenie

Both Sarah and Princess Eugenie look really good in this photo. Red suits them both.

Sarah certainly have a very wide circle of friends. The red gowns set off the copper tones in both ladies' hair colour. I don't recall seeing Eugenie in such bright coloured outfits before. It's a good colour on her.

Great picture! I like the red lipstick on Eugenie as well.:)

I am afraid I am going to have to disagree. I think they both looked terrible, especially Sarah. Her hair was a mess 9didn't look like she had had it done), too much cleavage (who wants to see saggy boobs!) and the dress was just too loud for her. I know red is a very difficult to wear well, especially if you are not in the first flushes of youth, but this really did not work for Sarah. She really did end up looking pretty rough, just not classy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom