The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank God Menarue I was thinking of having my eyes checked........She looked a bit "under the weather" I agree.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Just thought I'd pop in to see if anything changed...and it hasn't.

I hope Sarah had a great birthday dinner with her daughters.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Picture 4 is the best one IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almab View Post
Muriel, you are right. Sarah looked really nice. Everything worked!
Old 10-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pic. #4?? All I see is Bea with her stupid purse(?)!! My eye-sight has been going downhill but I am Still able to see Sarah looking worse and worse the older she gets. Will she ever learn? Maybe not.... Do you supose she needs glasses? :)
Old 10-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Pic. #4?? All I see is Bea with her stupid purse(?)!! My eye-sight has been going downhill but I am Still able to see Sarah looking worse and worse the older she gets. Will she ever learn? Maybe not.... Do you supose she needs glasses? :)
Check the second site. Picture #4 is way better than #3 and #5.!!
Old 10-17-2008, 03:37 AM
Heir Apparent

I think we are all going to have to agree that Sarah is not the most elegant public figure, nor is she the best dressed. So my comments about her looking good should have had a "relative" condition attached. Compared to what she has looked like in a lot of recent pictures, I do maintain Sarah looked a lot better. Also, some of the pictures were taken at the end of the meal. The dress may have been crumpled, the hair may have been all over the place, but at least we didn't have masses of cleavage, and a particularly tight dress on display!
Old 10-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Muriel I agree. Still if one knows the photographers will be outside clicking away, one can at least choose a fabric that does not make one look like she slept in these clothes.

Poor Sarah needs a gay friend like Charlotte had in 'Sex and the City" series. He could choose clothes for her, snap at the salespeople and tell her what looks good and what should be burnt!
Unless she does not care how she looks.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Zuma is a lovely place to have a little birthday celebration, if a little pricey. Having been there on more than one occassion, I can vouch for the excellent food and cocktails. I hope they got to try some of the excellent wagyu beef, which is imported from Japan.

Also noticed there was no sign of Mr Fish Fingers anywhere!
I love Japanese and I'm way too cheap to order the Wagyu beef. Maybe one day, if someone is taking me out.

I really don't like redheads in black; I think it washes them out.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Courtier

well in order to find something positive about Sarah, I find that I like her hair when she has bangs (fringe). It really softens her face up and does not make her look so hard.
As for her dress, a size larger and maybe tailored to "her" would have been much better than getting the size of the rack that fits but not well.
And as for Mr. Fish Fingers, he was there, but I saw an article the other day that said the relationship was kaput and that's why Sarah was in the back of the car not looking so happy when the press took her picture. Oh well. Maybe he was just being nice and had nothing else to do that evening than have dinner with her and the girls.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think she looks all that bad. She looks a bit rough about the face but that could just be genetics. I'd heard she had a few nips and tucks over the years, whether that's true or not who knows, but she obviously hadn't had much work done lately. I think we as a society are just used to seeing these plastic phoney-looking "celebs" who pathetically try to recapture their "youth" so when we see a woman who is actually allowing herself to age it's almost shocking.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
well in order to find something positive about Sarah, I find that I like her hair when she has bangs (fringe). It really softens her face up and does not make her look so hard.
As for her dress, a size larger and maybe tailored to "her" would have been much better than getting the size of the rack that fits but not well.
And as for Mr. Fish Fingers, he was there, but I saw an article the other day that said the relationship was kaput and that's why Sarah was in the back of the car not looking so happy when the press took her picture. Oh well. Maybe he was just being nice and had nothing else to do that evening than have dinner with her and the girls.
I am glad you mentioned the Mr Fish Fingers. I thought I read he has a relationship with a steady girlfriend and the one with Sarah had ended. Then I thought I may have dreamt of it. Glad you also read it.
Hope Sarah had a lovely birthday and many happy returns.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Sarah said that in a recent interview. You didn't imagine it. It's the same interview in which she says that she had to separate from Andrew in order to make money because as the "second son" he didn't have enough of his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
I am glad you mentioned the Mr Fish Fingers. I thought I read he has a relationship with a steady girlfriend and the one with Sarah had ended. Then I thought I may have dreamt of it. Glad you also read it.
Hope Sarah had a lovely birthday and many happy returns.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:45 AM
Courtier

To detour from the discussion of Sarah's fashion sense (or lack thereof), last week Sarah opened a charitable foundation for children in the United Arab Emirates. It's called "Sarah Selects" and is in partnership with a UK company, "Select Property." Response Source | Press Releases - Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York Selects Aquitainia to Launch her Children's Charity in UAE with UK based Select Property | Journalist enquiries, press releases and more!

I read the article in which Sarah said she left Andrew to make money because he didn't make enough as the second son. It doesn't make much sense, but in a way I understand where she's coming from. While in the royal family, Sarah, as we all know, overspent hugely--but she couldn't make money of her own to cover her debts. To be fair to her, I think she's the type of person who is extravagant in both directions--has trouble restraining her spending, but also works incredibly hard. Being in the royal family encouraged her to spend money but stopped her from making it with the same fervour. At least being an independent working woman allows her to bring in as much money as she spends...I think that's something of what she meant when she made that rather dumb-sounding statement about her split from Andrew.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 17.10.2008

Sarah, Duchess of York, outside Claridges London, England - 17.10.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 10-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

While I think Sarah looks a bit peaked and washed out (probably due to her lack of make-up), I am thrilled to see she is wearing a more age-appropriate skirt; nice style, flair and Below the Knee! It's so much more flattering to her than the too-tight numbers yanked up to mid-thigh. Thanks, Ice.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have to agree with you on that statement, Bella. Can't say that I much care for the print, however, but I shouldn't be so picky...
Old 10-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I like this outfit as well. Although--I hesitate to say this because it's sooooo picky--higher heels would be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
While I think Sarah looks a bit peaked and washed out (probably due to her lack of make-up), I am thrilled to see she is wearing a more age-appropriate skirt; nice style, flair and Below the Knee! It's so much more flattering to her than the too-tight numbers yanked up to mid-thigh. Thanks, Ice.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Sarah said that in a recent interview. You didn't imagine it. It's the same interview in which she says that she had to separate from Andrew in order to make money because as the "second son" he didn't have enough of his own.
Thanks Mermaid.......Sometimes I wonder if too much information is just that or something we really need to know. I am sure Andrew liked to read in the papers that his ex thinks he is broke
Old 10-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

There come the ballerina slippers and that valise looking handbag again!
Old 10-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Royal Highness

One thing I do have to say, Sarah needs to get a little more picky as to who she poses with....(scroll down to second photo about a third way down). Social politeness is one thing, next to the Frosty the Jailbird is beyond the call of duty.

Paris finally finds her Prince after being snubbed by Wills and Harry... but alas, he's no spring chicken | Mail Online

Tags
sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson