Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 12: July-October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 18.10.2008

Sarah Ferguson having a night out at Cipriani Restaurant, 18./19.10.2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

While I think Sarah looks a bit peaked and washed out (probably due to her lack of make-up), I am thrilled to see she is wearing a more age-appropriate skirt; nice style, flair and Below the Knee! It's so much more flattering to her than the too-tight numbers yanked up to mid-thigh. Thanks, Ice.

Full agree with you!

'The' handbag - again - now I'm really convinced she's got a few Avon samples in there - ding dong Sarah calling

Last edited by a moderator:
She does not look amused. There are the knees again! But it's not a bad outfit, overall.

I wonder if Sarah calls him before an interview and asks for permission to say these things: "Hey, Drew, honey, I'm having a chat with a media-type tomorrow and am wondering whether it's okay with you if I say that you were penniliess/boring/distant/my bestest friend.":lol::ROFLMAO:

Thanks Mermaid.......Sometimes I wonder if too much information is just that or something we really need to know. I am sure Andrew liked to read in the papers that his ex thinks he is broke:bang:

Did Beatrice borrow her mother's jacket, or did Sarah borrow her daughters?;)

'The' handbag - again - now I'm really convinced she's got a few Avon samples in there - ding dong Sarah calling

She does not look amused. There are the knees again! But it's not a bad outfit, overall.

She is colour coordinated, wears high heels and her hair is o.k groomed give the lady a B+ but what is it with that handbag again??
Sarah, dah'lin lose the bag or at least let it rest for a while. We saw too much of it in the last couple of weeks.......Do you have anything smaller, perhaps black in that closet??:flowers:

Darn Mermaid. You beat me to the question as I was wondering the same thing...

As for The Handbag.,Sarah is on the go Constantly these days so perhaps she doesn't have time to change bags?? What with all of her make-up, combs, Avon goodies, mirror, steam iron, a small bag just wouldn't do it! :(

OMG.........then perhaps she should buy another one in black.......
She looked good in those last photos but those dressy shoes and the brown bag do not match.:bang:

One does not have to have matching shoes and handbags these days according to the 'experts', whoever they are!! But I have to agree that she could, at the very least, invest in a basic, nice black bag.
Now if she would just stick to covering her knees...

I wonder who these experts are...:ermm: The Duchess wearing a greenish dress, a leather jacket, a pair of dressy black pumps and a hugh sports brown handbag does not look stylish. BTW mini skirts are back in style so her knees will be visible for at least another season.:whistling:

Oh good grief, and I suppose cleavage is also in style. Gag.. Trouble is, Sarah is not a 20-something and should be dressing according to her age. Add to that, Acting her age would be nice.

Oh good grief, and I suppose cleavage is also in style. Gag.. Trouble is, Sarah is not a 20-something and should be dressing according to her age. Add to that, Acting her age would be nice.

Don't get me started with the cleavage.:whistling::whistling: I am so happy Charlene is showing up in one sleeve dresses. If a designer runs out of fabric I much rather they show up with one sleeve missing rather than cleavage hanging all over the place. The Duchess has never been a slave to fashion. Do you remember the dress she showed up in when they announced the engagement? :eek::eek:

Thanks for the link, Muriel. I think it's a bit selfish of the grown children of anyone to say they don't want a parent to remarry because it will change their relationship with that parent. In most cases children will always come first with the parent, regardless of a new spouse. And while a new spouse will effect the existing situation, you'd think the kids would want to see their parent happy and with someone they want to spend their life with. What's going to happen to poor Sarah and Pss B & E go off and marry themselves and start having families? Maybe by then they'll be able to cut the chord.

..... but then again, this was the DM! And even if it were true, wonder what prompted Sarah to speak to the press about something as personal as that. There are somethings about Sarah that I can't ever get my head around, try as I may!

The Hello! story may have more detail but the actual quote in the Mail link above is:

Speaking to this week's Hello! magazine, the Duchess admitted when the subject of remarriage had cropped up in conversation with her daughters, they had recoiled in horror.
She said: 'They say, "Mum, no way! You’re cool like you are!"

Which is not quite the same as saying "we don't want you to marry because it will change our relationship."

Speaking to this week's Hello! magazine, the Duchess admitted when the subject of remarriage had cropped up in conversation with her daughters, they had recoiled in horror. She said: 'They say, "Mum, no way! You’re cool like you are!"
Does this mean as the wife of someone other than their father, she will no longer be cool? I know parents put their children first, but as you all seem to be saying, when they marry they won't worry about her, she will be a very lonely old woman, probably still trying to be cool. :whistling:

Does this mean as the wife of someone other than their father, she will no longer be cool? I know parents put their children first, but as you all seem to be saying, when they marry they won't worry about her, she will be a very lonely old woman, probably still trying to be cool. :whistling:
Oh my. . . . .:ROFLMAO:

Or maybe she's rationalising her own preference. Otherwise she's pretty much saying that her daughters are being selfish and putting their feelings ahead of hers, and I do hope she isn't saying that.

My question would be why bother talking to the press about such personal issues? Didn't she learn anything from all these years in the limelight?
What Prince Andrew told her what the girls said......
Can't she learn to keep some thoughts and happenings to herself?:bang:

Now there's a thought to keep me up worrying at night: Sarah single old lady, going out to clubs and dressing "cool.":eek::lol:

Don't worry by that time the mini skirts will be back in fashion so there is something to look forward to. :bang:

Time for a new thread before this one degenerates any further.

The new thread is here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom