The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Courtier

I saw just the headline of the Daily Mail article before I opened it and it was, "Sarah Duchess of York to marry Findus boss" or something like that, and I thought, "What, is this true?" I thought if it were this would be one of the first pieces of royal news to really surprise me.

Of course I've heard enough from around this forum to be skeptical of the Daily Mail and of course the headline was misleading, the article just quoted some unnamed "friend" who believed this Mr. Frantzen wanted to marry Sarah...

But actually when I saw that headline I realized how totally surprised I'd be if Sarah actually remarried someone other than Andrew. I don't actually think Sarah is "in love" with Andrew now exactly, but I don't think we'll ever see her married to anyone other than him.

I also think that while Sarah would do a lot of crazy things to maintain her lifestyle, she wouldn't marry for financial reasons. She's much too emotional for that. Also, I can see her having serious romantic relationships, but I can't see her marrying even a serious boyfriend. In fact, I believe she said in an interview several years ago that she isn't interested in remarriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Is Sarah having any TV projects at the moment? Looks like she no longer advertises Weight Watchers and I do not know what else she does to earn money. However, I agree with you the brand of Sarah Duchess of York is currency she cannot and perhaps should not give up easily......unless she trades up.
I read that there will be a sequel to Sarah's "Duchess in Hull" reality show to be aired around Christmas--she'll check up on the family she visited. I don't live in Britain, though, so I could be wrong about this.

Sarah's going to find it more difficult to earn money as time passes, I think. Especially since a whole new generation of royals, including her own daughters, is taking over media attention...even in the U.S. I think once William marries people are going to be a lot more interested in him and Harry than in someone who was a member of the BRF fairly briefly back in the 80s.

Plus, it's true that women are perceived more negatively as they age than men, especially if you frequent the kind of Hollywood circles Sarah seems to like.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
I did not know that she was in bed with another man talking on the phone with Andrew; that is pretty low class.
My feelings about Sarah vary--on the one hand, I like her "spunk" as a woman; on the other hand, I wish she were more careful about how she portrays herself. She's an interesting character, to say the least
Janet, there was another book that had that in it besides "Blood Feud" Is that correct? I've forgotten the title, it's over on the "Socialties" thread.
I think it was called, "Fergie and Me" or "The Duchess and me" written by the buddy of Johnny Bryant.
I think Sarah fell in love with Andrew AFTER all the crud happened. I think she loved him, certainly, but fell IN LOVE when the proverbial stuff hit the fan when he showed that he would stand by her.
Doesn't she hit 50 this year?

Old 08-02-2008, 06:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Doesn't she hit 50 this year?
A touch premature! She was born 15 October 1959, so currently she's 48.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Is Sarah having any TV projects at the moment? Looks like she no longer advertises Weight Watchers and I do not know what else she does to earn money. However, I agree with you the brand of Sarah Duchess of York is currency she cannot and perhaps should not give up easily......unless she trades up.
i don't know if she's started yet but she is scheduled to do a speaking tour. she'll be speaking in my hometown in september. the tour is called "my road to an authentic life". i'm not sure that she's representing weight watchers anymore is she?
Old 08-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm searching their site. I see they are calling her a "LifeTime Member" but I don't know if that means she's on their payroll.
Here's some, actually quite good, tips from her.
The Duchess Doles Out Wisdom
Old 08-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 7.8.2008

Two events for Sarah today:

Sarah Ferguson launches Selfridges Green Christmas Shop on
Top of a Topiary Elephant, London, Britain - 07 Aug 2008

- really crazy to see those christmas decorations now..

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Sarah, Duchess of York Sarah launches Children In Crisis campaign
at Ryman's stationers, Earls Court , London, Britain - 07 Aug 2008
Ryman's will be selling yellow pencils.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

- abaca gallery 1 - abaca gallery 2 -
Old 08-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Those were very good tips from the Duchess. And she didn't mention the Royal Family once.

Quote:
I'm searching their site. I see they are calling her a "LifeTime Member" but I don't know if that means she's on their payroll.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
i don't know if she's started yet but she is scheduled to do a speaking tour. she'll be speaking in my hometown in september. the tour is called "my road to an authentic life". i'm not sure that she's representing weight watchers anymore is she?
I suppose she has high speaking fees when asked to participate in any event.
I do not know about Weight Watchers, she looks like she is getting a bit round again. I have not seen her in any of their ads in a long time.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
After being a member for over a stretch of time, one becomes a life long member. This is how they can get help and support to get back on the wagon if they fall off.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Back to the black hose, but the red shoes are pretty kicky!!
Old 08-24-2008, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Here's a new article about Sarah and her girls, the pic
seems to be new too, showing them on their way to
Balmoral:

Rehabilitated Fergie in talks over future roles of Beatrice and Eugenie
Old 08-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

I've found out that the picture in the link I've posted yesterday
has been taken on August 7. At the moment Sarah and her girls
are in Sotogrande, Spain, they've visited a polo match on August 24:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10
Old 08-25-2008, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Very nice Ice!
They look happy and relaxed.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Aristocracy

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah tsk tsk, with all the money you have why on earth don't you do something with that straggly hair??? IMO, I think she woul look good with a blunt cut just touching her shoulders and bangs. She always seems to look so scruffy like she just go out of bed.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Pic 25.08.2008

You are most welcome

Here's another pic from their holidays: Sarah and Beatrice
doing some jogging in Sotogrande on August 25, 2008

-----> Pic
Old 08-26-2008, 06:30 AM
Commoner

oh my goodness - a spitting image of her mother. lack of taste but no lack of self confidence must be in the genes
Old 08-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekla View Post
oh my goodness - a spitting image of her mother. lack of taste but no lack of self confidence must be in the genes
Oh give them a break! They are out there trying to stay healthy. It really annoys me when people are judged on such a superficial level.
I think Sarah and the girls are in a total no-win situation. Even if they were both poster girls for "heroin chic" and snorting rows, the only thing people would moan about would be their fashion sense and the size of their thighs!
Old 08-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Serene Highness

Too true. If Sarah and Beatrice were not jogging, people would say "Why don't they exercise?". Since when does one need to look glamorous while working out?
Old 08-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
At the moment Sarah and her girls are in Sotogrande, Spain, they've visited a polo match on August 24:
Great pics, Ice!! Eugenie is a very pretty girl. Sarah needs to stay out of the sun (I hope she uses sun screen!). I wish B would wear something more flattering to her figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Oh give them a break! They are out there trying to stay healthy. It really annoys me when people are judged on such a superficial level.
I think Sarah and the girls are in a total no-win situation. Even if they were both poster girls for "heroin chic" and snorting rows, the only thing people would moan about would be their fashion sense and the size of their thighs!
This is very true!
Old 08-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Aristocracy

I think that Beatrice looks exactly like Andrew only with gorgeous red hair.

Tags
sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson