The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 12:37 AM
Nobility

Pic 1
I love this picture of the Royal Ladies side by side.

How tall do we think Beatrice is? Is she the same height as the Duchess?

(By the way, I adore those heels!)

Old 05-10-2008, 04:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the pics, Iceflower.

I think Sarah looks good.

I don't mind Bea's dress at all. Though I would have preferred a different belt, the print is pretty and young and the dress seems a reasonable length and Bea's not displaying too much flesh. Her hair is fabulous, and her face looks fresh and attractive. I think she looks very nice.

Old 05-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah's shoes are very nice, I agree. But don't they look a bit large around the heel? I have a narrow heel and find it hard to get shoes that fit--so it's something I notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by servingsophie View Post
Pic 1
I love this picture of the Royal Ladies side by side.

How tall do we think Beatrice is? Is she the same height as the Duchess?

(By the way, I adore those heels!)
Old 05-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Courtier

I've read somewhere that Sarah is 5'8", and I think there was some interview with Beatrice and Eugenie where they said Beatrice is 5'6" and Eugenie was an inch taller. I remembered Beatrice's height because it's the same as mine.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Nobility

One aspect that is particularly noticeable in the second set of pictures, is that Beatrice is dressed for our hot weather whilst the Duchess insists on wearing formal black.
Is there a special reasons why the Duchess wears so much black?
On such a hot day, she is even wearing black stockings. I recall a set of photos from a summer polo tournament where all the guests are in summer dresses and the Duchess is in black suit, black heels and black stockings.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pic 15.5.2008

Servingsophie, I think it's because black makes you look more
slender, Sarah feels comfortable with this colour for years, I
think nearly every woman has made that experience

Something that I can't understand is her like for strange tights,
here's a new pair of them:

Sarah Ferguson pictured leaving the Dorchester hotel in London.
May 15th, 2008 ----> Pic
Old 05-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Servingsophie, I think it's because black makes you look more
slender, Sarah feels comfortable with this colour for years, I
think nearly every woman has made that experience

Something that I can't understand is her like for strange tights,
here's a new pair of them:

Sarah Ferguson pictured leaving the Dorchester hotel in London.
May 15th, 2008 ----> Pic
I agree about the black, Ice. Black can be alot of things from goth to classic. And most everyone looks appealing in black. As for this latest pic (thank you, btw) all I can say is this woman dresses far too young for someone her age. I'm not saying she should be wearing calico dresses to her ankles and loafers, but these types of stockings, the very short hemline and the boots - as a combined outfit - just don't mesh well. IMO
Old 05-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Royal Highness

Not a good look at all! Those tights look ridiculous on her, and boots like that with that dress are just all wrong. THe dress is nice, but she looks a little rough in the picture.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 05-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Someone must have told her to play up her legs, because they're her best feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Not a good look at all! Those tights look ridiculous on her, and boots like that with that dress are just all wrong. THe dress is nice, but she looks a little rough in the picture.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Someone must have told her to play up her legs, because they're her best feature.
That's exactly what I think. Someone's also told her that black is slimming, I'll bet.

What I always think is funny about Sarah is that I truly believe she makes these fashion choices as an attempt to please people. I can't believe a colourful person like Sarah wears black all the time because it's her personal favourite colour. In fact, she wrote that her awful fashion choices when she was first married were her attempt to meet 1980s fashion criteria perfectly. And I believe her!

Unfortunately, even Sarah's attempts to meet society's standards of fashion and beauty somehow backfire...
Old 05-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Oh My Freaking GAWD that's HIDEOUS!!
She definatly needs a make over by our BeatrixFan!!
Old 05-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
That's exactly what I think. Someone's also told her that black is slimming, I'll bet.

What I always think is funny about Sarah is that I truly believe she makes these fashion choices as an attempt to please people. I can't believe a colourful person like Sarah wears black all the time because it's her personal favourite colour. In fact, she wrote that her awful fashion choices when she was first married were her attempt to meet 1980s fashion criteria perfectly. And I believe her!

Unfortunately, even Sarah's attempts to meet society's standards of fashion and beauty somehow backfire...
You have made such a fantastic point I am kicking myself for not having made it! Sarah is entirely too colorful of a person to be wearing black all the time and it probably does stem from her need to please people. I do agree that there are times when black is appropriate, but she needs to throw a little color infusion in there--nothing crazy or too young, but maybe a deep turquoise blouse and a turquoise beaded necklace would be the ticket with a black suit. I know I've come down hard on her quite often, but I think that she is an attractive lady who just needs a little guidance on what not to wear. I think nice basics in black, navy, khaki, etc... can be punched with some color. I'd love to see her try!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 05-17-2008, 07:07 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
but I think that she is an attractive lady who just needs a little guidance on what not to wear. I think nice basics in black, navy, khaki, etc... can be punched with some color. I'd love to see her try!
shall we send her trinny and susanah from what not to wear ( british tv show)
Old 05-17-2008, 08:07 AM
Aristocracy

It's hardly flattering what Sarah is wearing in that picture is it?
Old 05-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Serene Highness

You know, the truth is that Sarah isn't even really fat. She's an average-size woman. I'm sure it takes great determination and willpower for her to remain the way she is - let's face it, not everyone is genetically predisposed to be slinky thin. I don't know why she seems to fret so much over her weight. Frankly, style choices aside, she looks pretty good for a woman her age.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

Sarah Ferguson is a guest on 'GMTV' talking about being in
the public eye. As seen on ITV1. England - 19.05.08

----> Pic
Old 05-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Would be interesting to hear what you all thought of the show "Duchess in Hull" currently being broadcast on ITV?
Old 05-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 20.5.2008

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, at the studios of BBC Radio 2
co-hosting the Steve Wright show , London, Britain - 20 May 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 05-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, at the studios of BBC Radio 2
co-hosting the Steve Wright show , London, Britain - 20 May 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Thanks for all the photos, Ice! In these she looks okay but I'd prefer to see her w less exposed cleavage and a bit longer a hemline. But I've been accused of being a prude so what do I know.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Royal Highness

HMMMMM. That first pic, from GMTV was nice--I'd like to see her with some interesting brooches in the future. She's got such a colorful personality she could really play with brooches, I think.
As for these other pics--UHMMMMM HMMMMM. That is too much cleavage and an overall bad fit. I like the scarf but what is up with the York ladies and these belts that just do not do anything for them???

Closed Thread

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york