Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 11: February-July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks quite understanded and professional. But what's that bubble of hair on the top of her head? Oh....Sarah.:ermm:

She does look very nice, but I'm with you--is that eighties hair I'm seeing??:ohmy:

She does look very nice, but I'm with you--is that eighties hair I'm seeing??:ohmy:
Stuck in the '80's? Again, as long as she's not singing "Tainted Love" I guess I'll be okay with it. :D

that hairstyle is horible fringes are so last century
Better not tell that to the millions who have a fringe, especially the models! :D

Fringe or not, I think she is nicely turned out.

Pics 8.5.2008

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York and Princess Beatrice attend
the RD Crusaders concert in aid of the Marie Curie Cancer Hospital
held at Old Billingsgate Fish Market on May 8, 2008 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thank you very much for all the pictures. :flowers:

My only comment -[-[-[-[-[-[-[-[-[-[-[- (Zipped)

Thanks for the photos, Ice. I like Pss B's dress is the last lot but I don't think the belt goes well. Her hair is beautiful, Sarah's too.

i was just about to say that for once they both looked nice...then i opened the full length shot. bea's outfit is awful. sarah, however, looks good.

The Duchess looks absolutely delicious, and... no patterned stockings!
(Do you think she reads the forum?)

The Duchess looks absolutely delicious, and... no patterned stockings!
(Do you think she reads the forum?)
I don't know. I asked that before. But I would imagine that would be rough to keep up with all the posts.

Pic 1
I love this picture of the Royal Ladies side by side.

How tall do we think Beatrice is? Is she the same height as the Duchess?

(By the way, I adore those heels!)

Thanks for the pics, Iceflower.

I think Sarah looks good.

I don't mind Bea's dress at all. Though I would have preferred a different belt, the print is pretty and young and the dress seems a reasonable length and Bea's not displaying too much flesh. Her hair is fabulous, and her face looks fresh and attractive. I think she looks very nice.

Sarah's shoes are very nice, I agree. But don't they look a bit large around the heel? I have a narrow heel and find it hard to get shoes that fit--so it's something I notice.:)

Pic 1
I love this picture of the Royal Ladies side by side.

How tall do we think Beatrice is? Is she the same height as the Duchess?

(By the way, I adore those heels!)

I've read somewhere that Sarah is 5'8", and I think there was some interview with Beatrice and Eugenie where they said Beatrice is 5'6" and Eugenie was an inch taller. I remembered Beatrice's height because it's the same as mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
One aspect that is particularly noticeable in the second set of pictures, is that Beatrice is dressed for our hot weather whilst the Duchess insists on wearing formal black.
Is there a special reasons why the Duchess wears so much black?
On such a hot day, she is even wearing black stockings. I recall a set of photos from a summer polo tournament where all the guests are in summer dresses and the Duchess is in black suit, black heels and black stockings.

Pic 15.5.2008

Servingsophie, I think it's because black makes you look more
slender, Sarah feels comfortable with this colour for years, I
think nearly every woman has made that experience ;):)

Something that I can't understand is her like for strange tights,
here's a new pair of them:

Sarah Ferguson pictured leaving the Dorchester hotel in London.
May 15th, 2008 ----> Pic

Servingsophie, I think it's because black makes you look more
slender, Sarah feels comfortable with this colour for years, I
think nearly every woman has made that experience ;):)

Something that I can't understand is her like for strange tights,
here's a new pair of them:

Sarah Ferguson pictured leaving the Dorchester hotel in London.
May 15th, 2008 ----> Pic

I agree about the black, Ice. Black can be alot of things from goth to classic. And most everyone looks appealing in black. As for this latest pic (thank you, btw) all I can say is this woman dresses far too young for someone her age. I'm not saying she should be wearing calico dresses to her ankles and loafers, but these types of stockings, the very short hemline and the boots - as a combined outfit - just don't mesh well. IMO

Not a good look at all! Those tights look ridiculous on her, and boots like that with that dress are just all wrong. THe dress is nice, but she looks a little rough in the picture.

Someone must have told her to play up her legs, because they're her best feature. :bang:

Not a good look at all! Those tights look ridiculous on her, and boots like that with that dress are just all wrong. THe dress is nice, but she looks a little rough in the picture.

Someone must have told her to play up her legs, because they're her best feature. :bang:

That's exactly what I think. Someone's also told her that black is slimming, I'll bet.

What I always think is funny about Sarah is that I truly believe she makes these fashion choices as an attempt to please people. I can't believe a colourful person like Sarah wears black all the time because it's her personal favourite colour. ;) In fact, she wrote that her awful fashion choices when she was first married were her attempt to meet 1980s fashion criteria perfectly. And I believe her!

Unfortunately, even Sarah's attempts to meet society's standards of fashion and beauty somehow backfire...

That's exactly what I think. Someone's also told her that black is slimming, I'll bet.

What I always think is funny about Sarah is that I truly believe she makes these fashion choices as an attempt to please people. I can't believe a colourful person like Sarah wears black all the time because it's her personal favourite colour. ;) In fact, she wrote that her awful fashion choices when she was first married were her attempt to meet 1980s fashion criteria perfectly. And I believe her!

Unfortunately, even Sarah's attempts to meet society's standards of fashion and beauty somehow backfire...

You have made such a fantastic point I am kicking myself for not having made it!:bang::bang: Sarah is entirely too colorful of a person to be wearing black all the time and it probably does stem from her need to please people. I do agree that there are times when black is appropriate, but she needs to throw a little color infusion in there--nothing crazy or too young, but maybe a deep turquoise blouse and a turquoise beaded necklace would be the ticket with a black suit. I know I've come down hard on her quite often, but I think that she is an attractive lady who just needs a little guidance on what not to wear. I think nice basics in black, navy, khaki, etc... can be punched with some color. I'd love to see her try!

but I think that she is an attractive lady who just needs a little guidance on what not to wear. I think nice basics in black, navy, khaki, etc... can be punched with some color. I'd love to see her try!

shall we send her trinny and susanah from what not to wear ( british tv show)

It's hardly flattering what Sarah is wearing in that picture is it?:ohmy::sick:

You know, the truth is that Sarah isn't even really fat. She's an average-size woman. I'm sure it takes great determination and willpower for her to remain the way she is - let's face it, not everyone is genetically predisposed to be slinky thin. I don't know why she seems to fret so much over her weight. Frankly, style choices aside, she looks pretty good for a woman her age.

Sarah Ferguson is a guest on 'GMTV' talking about being in
the public eye. As seen on ITV1. England - 19.05.08

----> Pic

Would be interesting to hear what you all thought of the show "Duchess in Hull" currently being broadcast on ITV?

Pics 20.5.2008

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, at the studios of BBC Radio 2
co-hosting the Steve Wright show , London, Britain - 20 May 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, at the studios of BBC Radio 2
co-hosting the Steve Wright show , London, Britain - 20 May 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thanks for all the photos, Ice! In these she looks okay but I'd prefer to see her w less exposed cleavage and a bit longer a hemline. But I've been accused of being a prude so what do I know.

HMMMMM. That first pic, from GMTV was nice--I'd like to see her with some interesting brooches in the future. She's got such a colorful personality she could really play with brooches, I think.
As for these other pics--UHMMMMM HMMMMM. That is too much cleavage and an overall bad fit. I like the scarf but what is up with the York ladies and these belts that just do not do anything for them???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom