Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 24: June 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Elizabeth II unveiled a plaque to commemorate the 25th Anniversary of Thames Hospicecare and her visit on November 28, 2012 in Windsor, Berkshire.
Her Majesty visited the Hospice of dedicated Hospice care to the communities of East Berkshire and South Buckinghamshire.

- The Queen
- The Queen unveiling a plaque
- The Queen with some of the staff
- The Queen with some of the volunteers
- The Queen with one of the patients, Nigel Millward
- The Queen two of the patients of the Thames Hospicecare

Gallery from Zimbio

Her Majesty look beautiful. It's always very nice to see The Queen visiting the elderly and sick.

I guess The Queen will be filming her Christmas Message soon. She usually do it a bit early and before she go on Christmas break at Windsor and Sandringham.

Her Majesty look beautiful. It's always very nice to see The Queen visiting the elderly and sick.

I guess The Queen will be filming her Christmas Message soon. She usually do it a bit early and before she go on Christmas break at Windsor and Sandringham.

The Christmas message is recorded a few days prior to Christmas itself, however preparation begins a few months in advance.

I wonder if we will get any pictures from The Evening Reception for Members of the Diplomatic Corps at Buckingham Palace on December 11th?

Sounds like a party that's not to be missed.

Queen Elizabeth during an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace on December 4, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Queen Elizabeth during an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace on December 4, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

These were lovely snaps, thanks! I am currently feeling like there has been too much of the same thing about the third in line and was thrilled to see HM in action today. I am sure she is thrilled about the baby - but I love how she just carries on in lovely dress, with a lovely brooch, her sturdy shoes and a lovely smile for those who deserve it. She is a great lady!

You are most welcome, AdmirerUS! And I understand what you mean..;)

Today, December 5, Queen Elizabeth has received the Ambassador of the Republic of Korea Park Suk-Hwan (1) and the High Commissioner for the Commonwealth of Dominica, Francine Baron (2) - the size difference is amazing! :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio gallery **

I must say, Her Majesty The Queen look very beautiful iin purple. She's just beaming.

I must say, Her Majesty The Queen look very beautiful iin purple. She's just beaming.

I totally agree. There are people out there that smile and then there's HM who when she smiles, can light up a room. I think out of all of HM's features, her smile is her most endearing one.

I totally agree. There are people out there that smile and then there's HM who when she smiles, can light up a room. I think out of all of HM's features, her smile is her most endearing one.

And this is a Queen that people used to complain never smiled and was always portrayed as a bit of a sour puss.

There are times she have her "Miss Piggy" face on, as she calls it. She has mentioned in the past that she's not a natural smiler like her mother but The Queen has a lot to smile for this year. Her husband is doing okay after his illness, her Diamond Jubilee celebrations went down as a great success, the summer Olympics/Paralympics was a blast and now she's about to be a great-grandmother for the third time. She's got a lot to be grateful for this year.

Yesterday evening, December 5, Queen Elizabeth attended the Queen's Medal for Music presentation and concert at the Barbican Centre in London.

** bbc: National Youth Orchestra awarded Queen's Medal for Music **
I agree HM looked great and that smile is wonderful. I wanted to see the faces of the young people with their award so I dug around on the web and finally found a snap of the presentation of the award to the NYO on Twitter. Medals are great - but sometimes they don't function so well. In this case the entire orchestra got a single medal in a framed case. Sigh - I was hoping for smiling young musicians kissing their medals - just like the Olympians. The joke is on me. :lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9YjTmCCQAICovk.jpg:large

And this is a Queen that people used to complain never smiled and was always portrayed as a bit of a sour puss.

When she's frowning she looks quite glum, but that smile is truly beautiful! And she's always gracious and easy when she meets someone. She makes it look easy which it certainly isn't. A great lady indeed.

The message is broadcasted here in the US. Its broadcast on C-SPAN.org and BBC America.

The message is broadcasted here in the US. Its broadcast on C-SPAN.org and BBC America.

That was usually true in the past, but in 2011 I don't think it was on either. The message last year was produced by Sky News for the first time (they also have it this year), so they might not be making the same foreign distribution arrangements that BBC and ITN made.

That's true, I too didn't see the Christmas broadcast on C-Span last year. I know they still broadcast The State Opening of Parliament Live though.

I guess we will have to tune in on Her Majesty's Christmas Message on- TVPC.com - Channel List this year.

Queen Elizabeth has received the credentials of the Ambassador of Libya Mahmud Mohammed Nacua and of the High Commissioner for the Republic of Malawi Bernard Herbert Sande at Buckingham Palace on December 12, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And today, December 13, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have visited the Bank of England.

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery: Royal Visit to Bank of England **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth II And The Duke Of Edinburgh Visit The Bank Of England **

** news.sky.com video: Queen Asks Bank Bosses About Financial Crisis ** BBC: Queen visits Bank of England **

** dailymail: How much of this is one's own gold? Queen inspects bullion deep below Bank Of England that holds stocks worth... **

Last edited:
Wow I have never seen that many bars of gold in my life. Did not know there was a place in the world where that much gold was kept. Took my breath away. :ohmy: Maybe the saying should be " Bank of England", not " Fort Knox".
As always, gotta love HM. and DOE's million-watt smiles, that are almost as bright as gold!

Wow I have never seen that many bars of gold in my life. Did not know there was a place in the world where that much gold was kept. Took my breath away. :ohmy: Maybe the saying should be " Bank of England", not " Fort Knox".
As always, gotta love HM. and DOE's million-watt smiles, that are almost as bright as gold!

Well, the Bank of England holds whooping 4600 tonnes of gold reserves - which is the fifteenth largest depository in the world.
For Knox holds 4578 tons of gold bullion - about 3% of all the gold ever refined in human history.
Both are dwarfed by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York's gold reserves which hold 7000 tonnes of gold bullion.

Me, I'm modest: I'd do with just one tonne.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom