The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I can see Philip has his seatbelt on, but not the Queen. Not a good idea at any age, let alone when the driver is a 91-year-old in ill health and the passenger is 86.
I agree with you Baroness. I understand that Her Majesty may trust her husband and feels that he won't get her into an accident, but sometimes things happen that are beyond hunan control. If His Highness's reflexes are not fast enough, things could get very ugly. For safety reasons, Her Majesty should have buckled up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Well I for one think her Majesty should intervene considering she is an animal lover, at least I would think she is. And being that she is supposed to be fair and just she would be an impartial judge and would see that Lennox deserves to live. I think someone should do more. What about the PETA organization?
I agree here as well. Her Majesty would be a great advocate for something like this, since she loves animals, especially dogs. This is such a sad story, and I hope it can be resolved with positive outcome.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle
Well I for one think her Majesty should intervene considering she is an animal lover, at least I would think she is. And being that she is supposed to be fair and just she would be an impartial judge and would see that Lennox deserves to live. I think someone should do more. What about the PETA organization?
I'm sure PETA have been informed. Cesar Milan and the lady from the TV show It's Me or the Dog have also offered to take Lennox but still no response from BCC. Northern Irelands first minister Peter Robinson has even said he is disappointed by the ruling that Lennox should be destroyed.

http://www.examiner.com/article/one-...lennox-miracle

Im praying that the Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen will use their influence.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen had more important things to do today than worry about an illegal dog. She welcomed the French President Francois Hollande to Windsor Castle.

HM greets President Hollande

HM shows President Hollande the usual gift of signed portraits
Old 07-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR
The Queen had more important things to do today than worry about an illegal dog. She welcomed the French President Francois Hollande to Windsor Castle.

HM greets President Hollande

HM shows President Hollande the usual gift of signed portraits
Don't make ignorant comments. He is not illegal, hence the outrage. And it isn't just about the dog. It's about 200,000 of her people crying out for help.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Don't make ignorant comments. He is not illegal, hence the outrage. And it isn't just about the dog. It's about 200,000 of her people crying out for help.
HM is very well known for her love and understanding of animals especially dogs and horses and I think she would be one of the first to realize that just because an animal is a certain breed, it wouldn't necessarily mean that the animal is dangerous and a threat to society.

While it is true that perhaps greeting President Hollande is very important to HM's role as Queen and Head of State, it doesn't mean that she would have little time to think about an outrage that is upsetting what seems a large portion of the population of her people.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I( wonder how those same 200,000 people will react if he is saved and the turns up next week having attacked a small child? Will they be outraged that HM intervened and saved the dog? Rather an awkward position to put HM in.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine
I( wonder how those same 200,000 people will react if he is saved and the turns up next week having attacked a small child? Will they be outraged that HM intervened and saved the dog? Rather an awkward position to put HM in.
I understand your point. However Lennox has never harmed anyone before. His family's solicitors had dog behaviourists assess him and found him to be a placid, gentle animal. However a police handler for the council said the opposite. However the council had to admit in court that Lennox hadn't harmed anyone in his two years captivity. I find it hard to believe that he would start now.

Unfortunately his family have released a statement saying that they have been denied a visit to Lennox to be with him when he dies. They are also no longer allowed to collect his body to take home. Both these developments go against the word of the council at the end of the trial. The family have now been informed that they will be sent some ashes in the post.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Given as the dog is being prosecuted only because of what he is and what he looks like, there's no reason to suspect that this dog would be prone to attack a child. I suppose that condemning HM for giving Lennox clemency would be like pardoning someone in prison that had been wrongly accused of murder because he fit the description and then 2 years after his release he goes berserk and slashes someone to death.

Whether animal or human, the death penalty should be for a crime committed. Not because of the fact that they might.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

Oh for goodness sake. That is just plain silly. The dog is not an obvious threat since it has not attacked, bitten or mauled anyone. I dont think Lennox would suddenly be possessed to attack. People make such a big deal out of a certain breed or type of dog without taking into consideration that any breed can be dangerous if not treated correctly or if it is taught to be vicious. Certain breeds are truly misunderstood and I find it ignorant.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Queen should not be one of those three people who can help. It's utterly ridiculous and puts her in an awful position.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Serene Highness

And why is that? Because it is an animal and not a politician? I think the people would appreciate the Queens input in that it would have nothing to do with politics and she was willing to come out of the box.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Reminds me of a story I recently read. Two dogs in the story. One was Fifi... a hundred pound Doberman Pinscer that was a true marshmallow and afraid of her own shadow and Brutus.. a teacup chihuahua that was a trained attack dog and loved attaching to ankles.

I understood that the article stated that HM is one of only 3 people that were in any position to do anything. Whether or not she does is totally up to her discretion and whatever happens, I trust she'll act as she finds appropriate to this situation. She's very astute and wise in what she should or shouldn't do when it comes to tricky situations.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some more pics of the meeting between Queen Elizabeth and French President Francois Hollande at Windsor Castle today:

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Meets French President Francois Hollande **
Old 07-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

And she's probably the only one who would speak to him in his own language! Nice pix

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

video of the meeting and cepe you 're right she speaks french with him

Old 07-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

That's the first I've ever heard the Queen speak French; thanks for the clip, MagMil.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Not only does HM look at ease and happy to be welcoming President Hollande to her home at Windsor Castle, but she also seems to be dressed to suit the room they're in.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:32 PM

Once again, proof that our Queen is a wonderful Ambassador for the United Kingdom.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Majesty

Her Majesty's French is excellent. She has the accent down pat.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I'm not making ignorant comments. The Queen really does have more important things to do. If the Queen started intervening personally in every minor problem up and down the country she'd never do anything else.

Unfortunately, the law in the UK does 'discriminate' against certain breeds of dog. There are some breeds who are considered too dangerous to own, no matter how well they're looked after. We've all heard stories about pitbulls, Staffies etc. etc. who have hitherto been wonderful pets suddenly attacking and sometimes killing small children.

There are much bigger problems in this country than the future of a dog. The government are intent on making enormous constitutional changes with reform of the House of Lords. Have I seen anyone protesting about that? No; even though the changes will have huge repercussions for us all.

Tags
2012, duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, philip, prince philip, queen elizabeth