The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the two juxtaposed photos; just timeless. Thanks for posting this.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
Has anyone seen this - I got it via Facebook -

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philipp 60 years later - HERE
I love these two shots. The look between them says it all .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Queen Elizabeth received Alex Salmond, First Minister of the Scottish Executive, in audience by The Queen at the Palace of Holyroodhouse on the second day of "Holyrood Week", on 3 July 2012. Her Majesty also met Scottish Parliament Presiding Officer Tricia Marwick who showed the Queen a book of photographs of Her Majesty's visits to the Scottish Parliament - a Diamond Jubilee gift to her.

Apart from the audiences, the Queen also held several investiture ceremonies; among the honoured was television presenter Lorraine Kelly, who was awarded OBE.

- The Queen with Alex Salmond
- The Queen with Tricia Marwick
Old 07-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Courtier

she looks lovely in the deep yellow... seriously is there a color she doesnt look good in?
Old 07-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

The lime green in NI last week I thought didn't suit her, but that's probably just a personal preferance.

I pity the Queen having to make nice with Alex Salmond knowing that he's doing everything he can to tear her kingdom apart. I'd be pretty sure that the Queen, and the royal family generally, is very deeply worried about what he's trying to do.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Courtier

Wasn't today the Queen's garden party today at Holyrood? Have we seen any pictures?
Old 07-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Yes, it has taken place yesterday afternoon, July 3! Here are three pics:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 07-05-2012, 02:44 AM
Courtier

Reports that the Queen is quite concerned that one of the regiments which perform ceremonial duties and of which she is Colonel-in-Chief may be disbanded by the Government. Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Columnists :: Queen battles for her vital Guards
Old 07-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

I like the two pictures of them. They were in the same pose from back when they were young and they looked at eachother the same way. What sweet pictures. I wonder if they have seen these.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
I like the two pictures of them. They were in the same pose from back when they were young and they looked at eachother the same way. What sweet pictures. I wonder if they have seen these.

If you are referring to the picture taken of them for their 60th wedding anniversary then yes they have seen it - the second one was a deliberate re-creation of the first one.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have been in Perth today, July 6.

They visited Tay Street, the Black Watch Castle and Museum, Perth College, University of the Highlands and Islands
and attended a lunch at Scone Palace in Perthshire.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** telegraph.co.uk video: Perth honours the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh **

** scotsman.com: Queen recalls fond memories of Perth as she recieves freedom of the city **

** dailymail: Rain? What rain? The Queen enjoys the sunshine in a buttercup coloured outfit on a trip to the historical jewel.. **
Old 07-08-2012, 01:12 AM
Serene Highness

Oh the Duke is looking very healthy. Im glad they had sunshine and all were in good spirits. The Queen looked lovely in that buttercup yellow. They are both looking extremely well.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Oh the Duke is looking very healthy. Im glad they had sunshine and all were in good spirits. The Queen looked lovely in that buttercup yellow. They are both looking extremely well.
Yes, His Highness looks great. I see the twinkle is back in his eye (very evident when he was waving from the open car window ). I think taking it somewhat easy has been a blessing. So glad to see both of them in such good spirits.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it indeed looks like the Duke is back on his game and hope he remains in good health.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Philip seen driving the Queen back from church for the 'first time' since he was hospitalised with bladder infection | Mail Online
Old 07-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I can see Philip has his seatbelt on, but not the Queen. Not a good idea at any age, let alone when the driver is a 91-year-old in ill health and the passenger is 86.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Royal Highness

A representative of the Save Lennox campaign presented herself at Buckingham Palace with a letter asking for a Prerogative of Mercy and for intervention for the case of Lennox. As far as I'm aware there has been no response. If you check out post comments on the Royal Family's Facebook page you will see comments from all over the world beseech ing Her Majesty to intervene.

Lennox is a 7 year old dog who has mistakenly identified as a dangerous breed by Belfast City Council. His family have been battling for 2 years for him to be freed but this week all legal routes have been exhausted. The Queen is one of only 3 people who can help.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Does this mean that the dog will be put down?
Old 07-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books
Does this mean that the dog will be put down?
Unfortunately there is a good chance but us Lennox Supporters are trying to keep the hope alive. We have been ringing CNN asking to run the story. We have been bombarding the RF Facebook with messages for Lennox. We have also been emailing the secretary for agriculture and a NI ambassador.

http://www.examiner.com/article/last...dog-of-belfast

This link helps explain more. It is our greatest hope that the Queen is notified of these pleas and intervenes. Offers of re-homing have been coming in from USA, Italy and Scandinavia.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Serene Highness

Well I for one think her Majesty should intervene considering she is an animal lover, at least I would think she is. And being that she is supposed to be fair and just she would be an impartial judge and would see that Lennox deserves to live. I think someone should do more. What about the PETA organization?

Tags
2012, duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, philip, prince philip, queen elizabeth