The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Courtier

I've had this before. She is probably in A LOT of pain and has a fever. She will have to take some really strong antibiotics.
I'm sure she will be okay, nevertheless I do hope she is feeling better soon.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Courtier

They may be being more cautious as she is supposed to leave for Rome next week.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Majesty

Swansea ceremony to go ahead without Queen:
Royal - ITV News

Paul Harrison‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal Queen's semi-private visit to Rome next week (for lunch with Italian President) still scheduled. We'll know more in coming days

Paul Harrison‏@SkyNewsRoyal#royal also the phrase "She will be assessed in the coming days" suggests things under control. Still, the #Queen is 86.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Majesty

I saw this on twitter when I checked in after my kids left to go home, and I certainly hope Her Majesty will feel better soon. I'm sure she's receiving the best medical care possible, and staying in Windsor allows for quiet and familiar surroundings.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is the new flu (stomach illness, general feeling of death immanent) running through England as it is running through the US? Gastroenteritis is a generic diagnosis meaning inflamed tummy and would be a catch all name for many kinds of kind of tummy trouble.
Best wishes, in any case.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Nobility

I hope Her Majesty makes a swift recovery.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Well, that is one thing the Prince Philip's illness has taught BP. Iit used to be that the intimate details of one's health were very, very, private. But now they know that information is your friend and with all this in depth information to hand nobody is going to go off half cocked and declare HM is on her death bed or had a heart attack, or . . .

Knowledge is power. Good luck and get wll soon Your Majesty, and don't try jumping from you sickbed to your usual full-on workload way too soon!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Is the new flu (stomach illness, general feeling of death immanent) running through England as it is running through the US? Gastroenteritis is a generic diagnosis meaning inflamed tummy and would be a catch all name for many kinds of kind of tummy trouble.
Best wishes, in any case.
In a word, yes.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Courtier

A nasty illness like this is not good for an 86yr old. Hope HM recovers well and doesn't rush back into work. Actually she could easily cut her load in half again and let some of the younger royals take up more of her patronages. She and Prince Philip need to take it easier in their twilight years and spend more quality time with grand children & great grandchildren if that suits them.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
A nasty illness like this is not good for an 86yr old. Hope HM recovers well and doesn't rush back into work. Actually she could easily cut her load in half again and let some of the younger royals take up more of her patronages. She and Prince Philip need to take it easier in their twilight years and spend more quality time with grand children & great grandchildren if that suits them.
To spend quality time with her grandchildren she will have to visit places and people that will make all her 39 predecessors turn in their graves.
And God only knows what will her great grand children be upto
PS: Just in a lighter vein, about how generation by generation, the words fun/relaxing/quality time is becoming more and more synonymous with clubbing/booze/coke/dope etc..Hope HM is approving these 'changes' although not amused

And BTW, is anyone aware of the Court Circular..Are all 'senior' royals ' too busy to stand in for the Swansea ceremony? Or is it 'not that big deal'? I knew Prince of Wales from Scotland to cover up for HM in an Investiture, but that is different..Surely, Will, Kate and Harry one of them could have come to present the colours, rushing back from the wedding. And moreover it would have been great PR boost..
Old 03-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I hope HM gets well soon!
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Old 03-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen has a husband, three sons, two daughter-in-laws and one daughter (whose husband does not perform individual royal duties). Why would the grandchildren cancel attending the wedding of a close friend? If the visit was important the queen and her immediate family would have figured something out.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Courtier

If you read my post, I enquired whether all senior royals (meaning her children also) were busy at that time. I only suggested one of Will/Kate/Harry to go there in case if others (Charles/Camilla/Andrew/Edward/Anne/Sophie) had 'official' engagements which cant be cancelled, one of them can be excused for skipping this wedding and standing for HM when she really needs them..Whats wrong if either wife or husband go to the wedding and the other takes up what they always meditate.."DUTY"..
And dont the younger ones and more 'central' ones be more enthusiastic about taking up work than older ones..
Old 03-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

The Lord Lieutenant is the appropriate person to stand in for HMQ as he is her representative in the County. Royals very rarely stand in for royals, especially at short notice. The Lord Lieutenant was attending anyway.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Courtier

Ok thanks for the info, cepe. I was under the impression that someone should have covered, since when the Queen missed an Investiture a few days ago, the PoW rushed in from Scotland just in a few hours notice.
Ok maybe that is because Investitures are done only by Queen/Charles/Anne, and this Swansea ceremony is not that 'demanding'..
Old 03-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

When did Charles 'rush' in for The Queen?
Old 03-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Courtier

The investiture to be held on 11th Oct 2012.
The Queen dropped due to sore back and Prince Charles rushed from Scotland. If you are still not content, please go the below link, and see line number 12 of the main actual news..
Bad back forces Queen to cancel public appearance at investiture ceremony at Windsor Castle | Mail Online
Old 03-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Ok see I was saying, in a lighter vein, that to spend quality time with her grand-children, The Queen will have to visit their pubs, and maybe even Vegas. I also added that it is a generalised statement about how generation by generation, people are seeing clubbing and boozing as only ways of relaxation.
This is such a mass generalization it's ridiculous. 1. The younger members of the BRF have shown that while they may enjoy going to clubs and what not they also enjoy doing other things that are "relaxing." HM has many shared interests with her grandchildren, including hunting/shooting, horses, polo, etc.
2. In their time many older and past members of the BRF have shown an enjoyment of variations of clubbing and boozing.

Quote:
YThe investiture to be held on 11th Oct 2012.
The Queen dropped due to sore back and Prince Charles rushed from Scotland. If you are still not content, please go the below link, and see line number 12 of the main actual news..
Bad back forces Queen to cancel public appearance at investiture ceremony at Windsor Castle | Mail Online
HM doesn't cancel engagements or appearances simply because of a "sore back." HM suffers from chronic back pain and it was decided that the investiture would cause her excruciating pain because of the required bending and in general long hours that come with investitures.

There's no reason to believe that Charles "rushed" in. He flew down to fill a role that, when his mother is unable to do so, he or his sister are the only people who can do so.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
And BTW, is anyone aware of the Court Circular..Are all 'senior' royals ' too busy to stand in for the Swansea ceremony? Or is it 'not that big deal'? I knew Prince of Wales from Scotland to cover up for HM in an Investiture, but that is different..Surely, Will, Kate and Harry one of them could have come to present the colours, rushing back from the wedding. And moreover it would have been great PR boost..
I think that most of us here that follow the BRF also read Iluvbertie's weekly updates on the engagements and duties performed by each of the working royals. She bases her information on the Court Circular and really does an amazing job. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead-34352.html

I really don't think that HM would ever ask any of her family to cancel or rush back from any plans they already have made previously and in fact would probably feel quite bad about it. I would imagine she, herself feels bad that she had to cancel as its not in her nature to call something off.

As was stated, the person that was supposed to stand in for the Queen did so it was handled appropriately.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Administrator

The posts by members sniping at each other have been edited or removed.

Such posts don't make for a very comfortable atmosphere. Most people come to these threads to relax, read and enjoy, not to find themselves in the middle of a running narky personal dispute between a few members. When it jumps across threads as it has today it's like a contagion.

Could members please think twice before feeling they need to score points in a tit for tat exercise. It spoils it for everyone.

thanks.

Warren
British Forums moderator

Tags
2012, duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, philip, prince philip, queen elizabeth