The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Queen Elizabeth has received Argentine Ambassador Alicia Amalia Castro and the High Commissioner of India Dr Jaimini Bhagwati for private audiences at Buckingham Palace today, October 16.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Old 10-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

The Duke of Edinburgh officially opened the new Cellarium cafe at Westminster Abbey in London on October 17.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Duke Of Edinburgh Opens The Cellarium Cafe At Westminster Abbey **

Old 10-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding the reception for Diamond Jubilee Pageant Organizers have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ers-33527.html.
Thanks!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 10-18-2012, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

On October 16, the Duke of Edinburgh has officially opened the Prince Philip House at the Royal Academy of Engineering in London.

** citmagazine.com: Duke of Edinburgh launches renovated Royal Academy of Engineering **
Old 10-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

On October 16, the Duke of Edinburgh has officially opened the Prince Philip House at the Royal Academy of Engineering in London.

** citmagazine.com: Duke of Edinburgh launches renovated Royal Academy of Engineering **
Picture three is cracking me up . Philip looks great.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, he does

On October 18, Mr. Julio Munoz was received by Queen Elizabeth on his appointment as the Peruvian Ambassador to the Court of St. James's and Mr. Konstantin Dimitrov presented his Letters of Credence on his appointment as the Ambassador from Bulgaria (pic 3).

Old 10-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Her Majesty The Queen has just arrived at Ascot for The Qipco British Champions Day.
Carlton House runs in her named race, of which the Queen will present the trophy.

Hugely jealous because I would love to see Frankel today.

Edit: Zara Philip is with her grandmother. The majority of trophies have been given this afternoon by Equestrian Olympic and Paralympic medallists.

Carlton House just came 4th, favourite and Frankel's rival Excelebration won.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth with Zara and Mike at Royal Ascot

http://i49.tinypic.com/63w16v.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/313qb6v.jpg
Old 10-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post

http://i47.tinypic.com/313qb6v.jpg
Love the fist pic with the two ladies smiling!
Old 10-21-2012, 04:03 AM
Commoner

It seems to have been a day out with the grandchildren! Peter, Autumn and Beatrice were there too.

http://www.gettyimages.fr/Search/Sea...roduct=Royalty

There is also a very nice photo of the Queen celebrating... and it wasn't even for her own horse!

The £100million unbeaten champion: Frankel hailed as world's greatest thoroughbred after winning all 14 races | Mail Online
Old 10-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Majesty

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall join the Queen at Royal Ascot - Photo 1 | Celebrity news in hellomagazine.com
Old 10-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Queen Elisabeth during Investitures at Buckingham Palace on October 19, 2012:

** Pic **
Old 10-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpa View Post

There is also a very nice photo of the Queen celebrating... and it wasn't even for her own horse!

The £100million unbeaten champion: Frankel hailed as world's greatest thoroughbred after winning all 14 races | Mail Online
1st pic- Lovely! Love H.M. outfit and smile!
2nd- Gee, do you think she's having fun?
Old 10-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

HM was clearly in her element watching the magnificent Frankel. I'm not interested in horse racing at all, but even I made the effort to watch him in his last race.

From her rather unrestrained celebration when Frankel came through, perhaps the Queen is on the mend vis-a-vis her back pain.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

She would go to the races even if she was in agony on her death-bed!
Old 10-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
HM was clearly in her element watching the magnificent Frankel. I'm not interested in horse racing at all, but even I made the effort to watch him in his last race.

From her rather unrestrained celebration when Frankel came through, perhaps the Queen is on the mend vis-a-vis her back pain.
I am reading "At her Majesty's pleasure", a book from Julian Muscat documenting the Queen's love of racing and it says that there is usually a convention dictating that photographers and cameramen do not take images of the royal box at these moments. They apparently broke it when the Queen's Free agent won at Ascot a few years ago (she was seen punching the air in delight!). I am glad they broke it again!
Old 10-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:

I love that picture of Her Majesty. She looks like she's having the time of her life, and the fact that she's doing it in such uninhibited fashion makes the picture absolutely priceless .

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
She would go to the races even if she was in agony on her death-bed!
You're probably right.

Quote:
I am reading "At her Majesty's pleasure", a book from Julian Muscat documenting the Queen's love of racing and it says that there is usually a convention dictating that photographers and cameramen do not take images of the royal box at these moments. They apparently broke it when the Queen's Free agent won at Ascot a few years ago (she was seen punching the air in delight!). I am glad they broke it again!
Love the story. Wonder if that picture can be found somewhere. I'd love to see Her Majesty in a moment of unreserved jubilation.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Queen hosted private audiences today, on 23 October, at Buckingham Palace,.
Among others, she received credentials of the Ambassador of Spain and Ambassador of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

- Mustafa Mujezinovic, the Ambassador of Bosnia and Herzegovina, presents his credentials
- Frederico Trillo-Figueroa, the Ambassador of Spain, presents his credentials
- And a respectful bow from the Spanish Ambassador
Old 10-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Love the story. Wonder if that picture can be found somewhere. I'd love to see Her Majesty in a moment of unreserved jubilation.
I would love too, but I have never managed to find it, unfortunately! John Warren, her racing adviser, did describe it though :
"The Queen had Prince Philip on one side and I was on the other. I thought the jockey had run up behind a wall of horses. But when he pulled the horse out, Free Agent flew and won the race very nicely. The Queen literally jumped up in the air she was so excited. It was a moment of real joy."
"The Queen is 82 years of age and yet she raced to the paddock like she was 20. We were struggling to keep up with her. The jockey was trying to explain what had happened but all the Queen wanted to do was touch her horse."

The Queen and her racehorses - Telegraph
Old 10-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Queen Elizabeth today, October 24, received the Ambassador of Equatorial Guinea, Ms Mari-Cruz Evuna Andeme and the Ambassador of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Mr Mohammad Daud Yaar during private audiences at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Tags
2012, duke of edinburgh, elizabeth ii, philip, prince philip, queen elizabeth