Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 19: October 2008-March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
UKQueenElizabethII.jpg

Welcome to part 20 of the current events of the

Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.

Part 19 covering the period May-October 2008 can be found here.

¤ ¤ ¤

Pics 14.10.2008

Queen Elizabeth II during an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham
Palace, London, October 14, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Hey Warren! Thorn in your side here! :D
Another question about the arms.
Now this Yankee wonders if this coat of arms is unique to HM.
Is there a picture of her fathers to compare it to? And one can safely assume that when Prince Charles becomes King he will keep most of them but will add his own "touch" to the arms?
Thanks! :wave:

They're identical to her father's, except for the style of the crown. The Queen wanted the "Tudor" crown changed to an "Imperial" crown. But heraldically, they're identical. The type of crown is just artistic license.

They're identical to her father's, except for the style of the crown. The Queen wanted the "Tudor" crown changed to an "Imperial" crown. But heraldically, they're identical. The type of crown is just artistic license.
Oh cool! Thanks! Learn something new every day here! :flowers:

BBC NEWS | UK | Queen's image marks Google visit

An image of the Queen has been incorporated into Google's homepage logo to mark her visit to the internet giant's British headquarters.

The specially-commissioned image, called a "Google doodle", features the Queen's profile and a crown.

The new Google logo made especially for the Queen is so great! I love how much she's interested in learning about technology.

Thankyou to Giov and everyone who posted photos of the Queen at google. My fave - HM with her google doodle in the background

Somehow I never thought of the Queen and Google in the same thought before. Hmm.

Pics 16.10.2008

Queen Elizabeth II meets Olympic medalists during a reception held at Buckingham
Palace for the 2008 Great Britain Olympic Team on October 16, 2008 in London,
England - the gentleman on pic 3 has of course not won any medals, it's London
Mayor Boris Johnson ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Note that the Lady in Waiting is keeping a very firm eye on Boris. :D

I don't blame her, he reminds me of a thuggy union rep :ohmy:
I remember seeing him at the Olympic games closing ceremony and thinking what an untidy, unkempt looking man he was.
He should get a hair cut as well.

Last edited:
I really like her dress and the way her silver hair beams with beauty. Her hair seems like pearls themselves. Very beautiful a woman. Thanks Iceflower for sharing with us a ceremony in honor of the Olympic medal awardees. Long live her Highness the Queen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note that the Lady in Waiting is keeping a very firm eye on Boris. :D
He always reminds me of an Old English Sheepdog puppy, he is however a very charming and intelligent young man.:flowers:
--------------------------
It is more exclusive than the Orient Express, more romantic than the Trans-Siberian Express, and the food is considerably better than on the East Coast mainline. The Queen loves it, claiming it is one of the few places left on Earth where she can kick off her shoes, put up her feet and relax in total privacy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...eens-travelling-bedroom-mobile-home-home.html

Thank you Marmi, I am so pleased HM went to Google, she's a champion

Pics 18.10.2008

Queen Elizabeth II horse riding with her Stud Groom in the
grounds of Windsor Castle. Windsor, Britain - 18 Oct 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Philip, who has a long history of provoking embarrassing moments, unintentionally left Google chiefs red-faced this week, a report said Friday.

The 87-year-old was visiting the online giant's London headquarters Thursday with Queen Elizabeth II, and its bosses were giving them a presentation of the signature Google Earth application.

Prince Philip leaves Google royally red-faced - Yahoo! News UK
------------------------
Google Earth is an interesting application, however the coverage of the UK leaves a lot to be desired. We can see our London House, but not our home in Scotland.

Google Earth is an interesting application, however the coverage of the UK leaves a lot to be desired. We can see our London House, but not our home in Scotland.

Maybe you should have decided not to build a new house in the wilderness... Be patient, in maybe three to five years they will have uploaded new pics showing your new ranch.... :D

A new ranch, that would be nice or would it. :ermm:The house is more than a few hundred years old and has so much character, that I don't 'see' in a new build.:flowers: Very little exists for Google past Glasgow, Aberdeen and Edinburgh, so our part of the world does not exist!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I can't help but love Prince Philip when he has these moments. He just says what everyone else might be thinking. I bet he keeps the Queen in stitches! I have to give him credit though, quick witted at his age is a great accomplishment. ;)

I too think he is wonderful, quick witted and a sense of humour, what more could you want?:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom