Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 19: October 2008-March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Help!

I was a guest at the palace last night for the reception for those working in healthcare. I met HM twice and I cannot begin to tell you how fantastic the experience was.
I can't find pictures anywhere of last night apart from the 3 iceflower has posted. How did you find them and are there more anywhere? I know that photographers were there from the press association. Grateful for any help you can offer
:eek: - me last night! lol

lol It must have been something if I Met her id be freaked out Congratulations!

I was a guest at the palace last night for the reception for those working in healthcare. I met HM twice and I cannot begin to tell you how fantastic the experience was.
I can't find pictures anywhere of last night apart from the 3 iceflower has posted. How did you find them and are there more anywhere? I know that photographers were there from the press association. Grateful for any help you can offer

Congratulations on your invitation, from a fellow healthcare worker - who wasn't invited :sad: - It must have been wonderful and I'm glad you had a great time. (OK, I work FOR the NHS, but not clinically ;))

Great to hear that you had the chance to meet the Queen :)

Here are three additional pics of the reception I was able to get:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Do tell us more about your trip to the palace. What time was thevent? How many people? Dd everybody get to see HM? Were any other members of the BRF present? What was th caterig like? How long did you have at the palace?

Hi
thank you for the photos. Just a summary of my evening of which I am still reeling.
I received invite 5 weeks ago out of the blue, thickest white card I have ever seen!
Reception from 6-8pm, arrive between 5.15 and 5.50. So I arrived at 5.15, stoold outside palace (road closed off for event). Flag was flying which told me HM was home and then got really nervous. Entered through main gate, walked across quadrangle after ID checked to cnopy entrance then through main doors to reception hall. Turned left up stairs to throne room. WOW. Footmen everywhere with canapes (quails eggs, salmon) and drinks (water, apple, orange juice and champagne). Got name badge. Ladies in waiting there chatted to Annabel Whitehead who used to be Princess Margarets LIW she told me. She was genuinely lovely and said how all letters are answered if you write. I took some piccies on my phone of toilets! Not allowed but I had to. Then went back in saw Duke of Kent and Gloucesters. we had been told to hold onto yellow security passes with our names on. Then asked to move to the left of throne room, handed card to equerry who called out my name, I looked up and HM was standing there in blue outfit. I had no idea I would be presented and no time to be nervous. I walked over she shook my hand and said hello, I curtsied and said hello.She was smiling and looked me staright in the eyes as if expecting me to say something. I couldn't and scuttled off into music room, where equerry let me play piano YES REALLY. Hands were shaking. Then back into throne room and I stood chatting to Alan Farthing and Roger Vickers (royal surgeons) then equerry came over and said Her Majesty would like to join you. GULP. Over she came was introduced again and do you know what? She was lovely, funny and looked really interested. She asked what I did (nurse) and she said oh I have met another 2 nurses who work in your field tonight. Do you all know each other? I said no but Mr Vickers did look after me when I hurt my back in 1983 and she laughed. Then chatted to Mr Vickers and she was so relaxed, then wagged her finger at us and said don't get talking about work! I was shaking literally. More canapes, then met another royal lady - and to my shame have no idea who she was - she was wonderful, she said she knew Cicely Saunders and laid a stone at the first hospice in UK. Either Duchess of Gloucester or Princess Alexandra. I chatted to footmen and asked if they watch I'm a celeb as qualis eggs looked like bushtucker challenge, they laughed and said they did. Gorgeous lemon tarts and chocolates after, then off home. Left around 20:30. The most amazing night....

sorry around 300 people, and yes she met every single one of us. We were all nominated by strategic health authorities.HM appeared tiny but with most amazing sparkly eyes and genuine interest in us all.

Pics 20.11.2008

You are welcome :flowers:

Britain's Queen Elizabeth receives Israel's President Shimon Peres at
Buckingham Palace, in central London November 20, 2008. During the
meeting the Queen presented him with the order of St Michael and
St George. The Queen also met Ruth Rouse on her appointment as
High Commissioner for Grenada (Pic 4)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

sorry around 300 people, and yes she met every single one of us. We were all nominated by strategic health authorities.HM appeared tiny but with most amazing sparkly eyes and genuine interest in us all.

Thank you for all that lovely detail so that we can share your joy and excitement. I'm so thrilled for you. Your Trust must really appreciate & value your hard work to have nominated you, so congratulations again.

That's what amazes me about HM. She's so interested in the people she meets, as is the Duke. I saw her a couple of times, and her friendliness and enthusiasm for people really impressed me.:flowers:

Oh sweetpeaheidi Bully for you!! :flowers: You will never forget this!

Hello to all! I'm a longtime lurker and first time poster. I created a video tribute to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip in commemoration of their 61st wedding anniversary and I wanted to share it with you. The pictures used are for the most part only taken within the last year. Hope you enjoy it!
YouTube - Her Majesty & Prince Philip 61st Anniversary

Thankyou very much to lillibetforever Delightful collection of pics

Thanks for sharing the video, Lillibetforever, and welcome to the world of active posting!

Pics 21.11.2008

Businessman and philanthropist Samuel Ofer wearing glasses is accompanied
by his family as he receives an honorary Knighthood in recognition of his services
to UK maritime heritage from Britain's Queen Elizabeth II with the Duke of Edinburgh
right in attendance at Buckingham Palace in London, November 21, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Hello to all! I'm a longtime lurker and first time poster. I created a video tribute to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip in commemoration of their 61st wedding anniversary and I wanted to share it with you. The pictures used are for the most part only taken within the last year. Hope you enjoy it!
that is lovely! welcome to the board lillibetforever.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple photos of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. I think the picture of the Duke in the conga line shows him looking like a dead ringer for William.

Pictured: The Queen as you've never seen her before...wearing flares, floral blouse and a sun hat | Mail Online

This picture reminds me of the story told about the time that the Queen and friends were picnicing on the beach and some tourists came running up and asked if they had heard the rumor that the Queen was on the beach somewhere. The Queen quickly replied... "Yes, we saw her! She went that way!" Pointing down the beach. The tourist took off running in the direction that she pointed to yelling back "Thanks!" :ROFLMAO:
Oh someday's Its good to be the Queen!!

I remember that story. Quite funny of the queen but imagine the poor tourist if he or she later found out that it had actually been the queen who'd pointed him in the wrong direction.

Anyway its a delightful photograph in that it captures the queen we dont normally see. And I have to say i quite like seeing the queen in trousers.

I remember that story. Quite funny of the queen but imagine the poor tourist if he or she later found out that it had actually been the queen who'd pointed him in the wrong direction.
I have no sympathy for the tourist. They should have done their homework! I say Bully for HM!!! :flowers:

The lady in front of prince phillip in the black and white picture is Princess Marina.

The lady in front of prince phillip in the black and white picture is Princess Marina.

Indeedy. Funny the press missed out on that one. It's nice to see Marina and Philip having such a good time together though. Must have made Philip quite nostalgic for the past to see the pics.

I have no sympathy for the tourist. They should have done their homework! I say Bully for HM!!! :flowers:
I guess, imagine coming face to face with the most famous woman in the world and not realizing it's her.

Angela, how observant. Any guess what year, was he married then? Or was Princess Marina a friend of the Mountbattens.

I believe they are cousins

Philip and Marina are both members of the Greek royal family

I guess, imagine coming face to face with the most famous woman in the world and not realizing it's her.

I love another story they tell about when a lady spotted the Queen (not sure but I think it may have been at a WI meeting or something like that) and said to her majesty how much she looked like the queen, to which HM replied "How very reassuring"!!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom