Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 19: October 2008-March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 17.3.2009

Queen Elizabeth II presents US Senator John Warner with
an Honorary Knight Commander for his work strengthening
the American-British military alliance. He is watched on by
his daughter Mary Conover shown and other family members
at Buckingham Palace, March 17, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Her Majesty looks so wonderful in blue. I believe that it's my favourite colour on her.:wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm i do like the colour but maybe not paterned. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 18.3.2009

Today's colour is also very nice :)

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phlip talk to guests during a reception
for The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Fund at St James s Palace
in central London, March 18, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

What a bright, sunny yellow HM is wearing! It really is getting to be springtime.

Yeah when the queen wears yellow, springtime is on the way.
Looking beautiful for her age :D
x

Yeah when the queen wears yellow, springtime is on the way.

I posted something similar over at my hat blog recently -- The Queen is like the American groundhog who signals the timing of spring, only she does it with her clothes! :lol:

I love her choice of array. Yellow does suit the time we're in. She looks absolutely heavenly. And you can tell she is beaming with joy at the reception. She is quite the lovely lady. It's nice to see her ever so.

I really hope to see her on a short distance, perhaps a short chat, in the Royal Enclosure of Ascot in June on Opening Day.

I do lovethe yellow colout on HM. Very inspiring!

Pics 19.3.2009

Queen Elizabeth II during an investiture ceremony
at Buckingham Palace, London, March 19, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I recognise the woman in the third picture who is she?
x

I recognise the woman in the third picture who is she?
x
the women in the third picture is Kelly Hoppen she is an interior designer:flowers:the Queen award the disigner for her contribution to interior design, she gave the decoration of Buckingham Palace.

Pics 24.3.2009

Queen Elizabeth with guests at Buckingham Palace,
London, March 24, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Whose the Queen with?
I love the dress!
x

Whose the Queen with?
I love the dress!
x

Apparently so does the Queen! It is one of her favourites and according to my Brooches database, I have 12 dated wearings for that dress (some outdoors with the matching coat, others, as yesterday, just the dress)
:flowers:

Whose the Queen with?
I love the dress!
x
In picture 01 above, The Queen is with Sir Peter Maxwell Davies, Master of The Queen's music and Miss Kathryn Tickell who won The Queen's Medal for music. In picture 02, The Queen is with the Governor of the Bank of England, Mr. Mervyn King. The audience was the first of its kind in Her Majesty's reign. You may view the pictures here a well > Gallery

Last edited:
:flowers: And this from The Telegraph -
A spokesman for Buckingham Palace denied that the Duke had been rude to the music and television promoter, who has amassed an estimated fortune of £112m through shows like American Idol, The X Factor, and Britain's Got Talent.
"The Duke of Edinburgh categorically did not call Mr Cowell a sponger. He has no reason to. He has said he does no know enough about Mr Cowell to make any sort of comment about him," he said
Prince Philip in 'sponger' row with Simon Cowell - Telegraph

Last edited:
As the Palace spokesman said, that Mr.Cowell may have misheard the Duke, and the Duke has really soft voice. Looking at some video documentaries about the Duke, i think this is true. Moreover, i think Mr. Cowell's speaking is just all over, and not even properly, and confident. I think his quote is just not confident enough in what saying. And another person in the talkshow, claims that the Queen ignore and did not even know who Mr.Cowell was. She shook hands and smiled with him. What else would he expect? And moreover, the Queen has many duties to perform, how can she have time to look and know about each single artist on the earth. I think these people just did not have much things to do around, and bring up nonsense things over, they should have just left Her Majesty and His Royal Highness alone. The couple had done their bests over the year, and who know how many years would they have left, to be commented all over the times about these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom