Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 18: May-October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
UKRoyalCoatofArms.jpg

Welcome to part 19 of the thread to discuss the current events of the
Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.

Part 18 covering the period January - early May 2008 can be found here.

~ ¤ ~

From Mediumphoto and Abaca Press
Britain s Queen Elizabeth II unveils a bronze statue of herself at the Scout Association Activity Centre at Baden-Powell House London, 2008-05-02.
MediumPhoto
Abaca Press Americas Search Results

Last edited:
Oooh. I like it. It's a good likeness and HM seemed taken with it.

That is really funny!
She seems to have a great fun!
Thanks for the linK!:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a glimpse into the private life of HM we see very rarely.
From the above article:

With a head- scarf to keep coal dust and smoke out of her hair - and a beaming smile - the Queen appeared as much a steam enthusiast as the driver, her friend Leopold de Rothschild. The Queen travelled to Exbury Gardens, in Hampshire, which is owned by the Rothschild family, for a private ceremony in which she named her friend's new train.

With a little curtain-unveiling no less!

The Queen has tonnes of class to get on that train.:cool:

I love the pictures in the online newspaper websites of the Queen enjoying herself.

Her Majesty seems happy. Could it be that she is pleased with the new Governor General of Australia?

Pics from Mediumphoto
Britain s Queen Elizabeth II receives celebrity chef Hugh Fearnley-Whitingstall during a reception she hosted for the British Hospitality Industry at Buckingham Palace in London, 2008-05-06.
MediumPhoto

ooooh my god !! she is amazing !!! she is soooooooo beautiful !!!
god save the queen !!!

Agree chaimae!
And she has some fun during those receptions.

Britain s Queen Elizabeth II receives His Excellency Mr Kamalesh Sharma on his appointment as Commonwealth Secretary-General at Buckingham Palace in London, 2008-05-07 .
MediumPhoto

Pics 8.5.2008

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip attend the second day of
the Royal Windsor Horse Show on May 8, 2007 in Berkshire, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

For me that 3rd picture really demonstrates how good the queen looks at her age.

thanks giov.she looks very nice , i like to see her with the scarf !:wub:
by the way , the queen will visite liverpool on 22 may2008 , accompanied by the duke of Edimburgh.we are waiting for the new photos :D

Queen Elizabeth is good healt and alert!!! She is beautiful scarf his age! Queen is 82 and happy!!!

Awww! That is an adorable picture, they are both beaming!

Well that's the most unwise thing to do : contradicting someone of your own family, especially when this one is regnant. What was Philip thinking ? That's a quite clumsy and I believe it will please the anti-Charles and anti-RF to show another example of discord and lack of cohesion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom